31.6 shots almost 2 shots less from this year 33.4 shots 

So what does it say,

To me it says regression not progression

how about 2017-18

save % over .900 games started 

33 of 57   57.9% worse then the year before starting to look up until

Shots against per 60 mins

30.7 his best year of these last 3 years

So how can fans defend Marky's stats, well fans Could say they have a worse defense structure this year then past years. I would disagree 

Someone like my self would look at rebound control stats, problem is those are much more advanced then these and harder to explain these ones speak for themselves.

Save % over .900, games started speak to the consistence of a goaltender. The best goalies in the league tend to have 70% or greater

Ben Bishop has 72.5% about the same games played as Marky

Rask 75%

How about a guy on a worse record team  Robin Lehner 74.2%

How about Demko on the same team 72.2% 

How about Vancouver's past goalie Anders Nilsson playing for Ottawa of all teams 63.2% yes that's  better then Marky

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Lets look at Last season numbers and find out if Marky is progressing 

2018-19  Save % over .900 games started

41 of 61 68.3%  last year better then this years  63%

how about shots against per 60 mins 2018-19

31.6 shots almost 2 shots less from this year 33.4 shots 

So what does it say,

To me it says regression not progression

how about 2017-18

save % over .900 games started 

33 of 57   57.9% worse then the year before starting to look up until

Shots against per 60 mins

30.7 his best year of these last 3 years

So how can fans defend Marky's stats, well fans Could say they have a worse defense structure this year then past years. I would disagree 

Someone like my self would look at rebound control stats, problem is those are much more advanced then these and harder to explain these ones speak for themselves.

Save % over .900, games started speak to the consistence of a goaltender. The best goalies in the league tend to have 70% or greater

Ben Bishop has 72.5% about the same games played as Marky

Rask 75%

How about a guy on a worse record team  Robin Lehner 74.2%

How about Demko on the same team 72.2% 

How about Vancouver's past goalie Anders Nilsson playing for Ottawa of all teams 63.2% yes that's  better then Marky

Did you miss last game where the advanced stats shown he's top 2 in high danger saves and save % and also #1 in games stolen? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

like ive said out of the 43 starts Marky  stole 8 games ,  8 games when were we badly out played  and had no business  wining those games.  Those stats you are throwing out  are misleading   since Demko has played 50% less games, with more favourable match ups , they are close in stats but Demko hasn't faced a workload  like Marky has had , ,  I like Demko and hope he can stand on his head but saying an injury is good thing that I just don't get , did you not see Carolina use a Zamboni driver in net?  :picard:   

St.L is a favorable matchup beat them 2 times

Nash Pit Cal Win they're all favorable

17 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Did you miss last game where the advanced stats shown he's top 2 in high danger saves and save % and also #1 in games stolen? 

so what does that mean top two in high danger saves and save %

It means that on lower quality shots and less dangerous shots his stats suck cause if he was good on both his Save % would be higher

there is always two sides of a coin

Edited by Arrow 1983

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

so what does that mean top to in high danger saves and save %

It means that on lower quality shots and less dangerous shots his stats suck cause if he was good on both his Save % would be higher

there is always two sides of a coin

you don't know where the danger zone is ?     shots from  the area between the faceoffs dots  in the ozone to the goal line   high danger   area   

4 minutes ago, the grinder said:

you don't know where the danger zone is ?     shots from  the area between the faceoffs dots  in the ozone to the goal line   high danger   area   

I can't tell if you are asking or telling me 

If you are asking yes I do know where the danger zone is

dependent on what stats lines you read they're a little different on each one

Believe it or not when it comes to sports advance stats there isn't an agreed upon standard so before you look at the data you have to first look at the method of collection  

Edited by Arrow 1983

I think Demko is going to cause a controversy. He's going to likely play 10 games, 2 for the backup with back to backs, amd they're mostly non divisional games except for two Coyotes games. They're hard matchups including a Tampa game, and if Demko can win at least 6 games I'll be happy. Let's hope for something like 6-3-1. If he does any better, and Marky comes in cold, those final Vegas games and Game 1 will be a tricky choice...

As for our defence I hope Green realizes that this team needs to sacrifice some offence to tighten up defensively. The Pastrnak goal was a classic example, had a 2nd forechecker Sutter whiff, defenceman was up in the play and we spring the league's best goal scorer for a breakaway at a big time. Sure, the offence comes through that game, but that is too risky to play with Demko. Hopefully having our offence clicking and Toffoli in the mix means Green will play a bit more conservatively. I'd like to see a one man forecheck and center hang deep defending. Might be a recipe for success leading into the playoffs as well. Big silver lining if Green uses it. If he just keeps us playing the way we are and leaves Demko out to dry then we're really living and dying by our backup goalie.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Demko is going to cause a controversy. He's going to likely play 10 games, 2 for the backup with back to backs, amd they're mostly non divisional games except for two Coyotes games. They're hard matchups including a Tampa game, and if Demko can win at least 6 games I'll be happy. Let's hope for something like 6-3-1. If he does any better, and Marky comes in cold, those final Vegas games and Game 1 will be a tricky choice...

As for our defence I hope Green realizes that this team needs to sacrifice some offence to tighten up defensively. The Pastrnak goal was a classic example, had a 2nd forechecker Sutter whiff, defenceman was up in the play and we spring the league's best goal scorer for a breakaway at a big time. Sure, the offence comes through that game, but that is too risky to play with Demko. Hopefully having our offence clicking and Toffoli in the mix means Green will play a bit more conservatively. I'd like to see a one man forecheck and center hang deep defending. Might be a recipe for success leading into the playoffs as well. Big silver lining if Green uses it. If he just keeps us playing the way we are and leaves Demko out to dry then we're really living and dying by our backup goalie.

Why is it riskier for Demko?

we saw that when it happen Marky couldn't stop it and the team still won

So Demko doesn't have to stop a shot like that if he does it's a cherry on top

Why change a defensive structure that has been winning games, they sacrifice a little d for higher chance offence

It's like saying we have a 1 goal lead now lets play the trap and once you loss that lead the team has no momentum for offence

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Fans need to realize Marky is 1 part of a whole the whole being the team

The team has been winning games why change the team because 1 part is out change the part not the whole

You just don't want to change the whole you what to re-define it and re-design it

that my friend is panic

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Or the third option, Demko is below mediocre, and  it's not enough and we miss the playoffs - your right about the knee,  but JB overpays anyways as Demko doesn't seem like a good option.  

Then to make things worse Demko is traded for a bag of pucks and turns into a Vezina trophy guy with another team.  It's hockey a lot of other things can happen still.  Glad your seeing the bright side, but Demko would have to be absolutely brilliant for the second  to happen (let Markstrom walk) and the first part is for sure worrisome but some GMs will still line up to pay him regardless .... ugh.   After suck a great game this ones a kick in the sack.

At least the teams going to have to pull together and if we make it shows we are definitely good enough.   Demko has a golden opportunity...hope he makes the most of it. 

Should be a very exciting and entertaining to the end.

Go Canucks go,

Win or loose they are our team

If we don't make the playoffs do we not retain this year's 1st round pick?

4 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

No one has even mentioned that this injury could be Greens fault for over working Marky

Are seriously suggesting it's TG fault? OMG

You and Alf should go out for drinks and bash TG

Good Lord man

3 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Just so you guys know if Marky requires surgery this is not a procedure that can wait and he can play through if he does require surgery he is done for the season and will have 6 month recovery 

Quit fear mongering. I ignored the fact you were so rude about dismissing a players injury earlier, but this is getting ridiculous. You straight up said the best thing for this team long term was Marky hurting his knee. In no situation is it ever best case scenario for anyone to become injured. Just a cold, stupid thing to even say.

Further more you say things like this like you know for a fact what his surgery would be, if he even needs it. 6 month would be 100% worst case scenario of a complex torn meniscus requiring surgery, with just about max recovery time. Even invasive tear repairs are 3-6 months with the average down time for heavy sports being closer to 4, then 6. Most patients I have worked with that are young, fit athletes are nowhere close to 6, unless it's a catastrophic knee failure. Marky says he woke up the next day with pain in the knee, after finishing the game. Doesn't like that at all to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Quit fear mongering. I ignored the fact you were so rude about dismissing a players injury earlier, but this is getting ridiculous. You straight up said the best thing for this team long term was Marky hurting his knee. In no situation is it ever best case scenario for anyone to become injured. Just a cold, stupid thing to even say.

Further more you say things like this like you know for a fact what his surgery would be, if he even needs it. 6 month would be 100% worst case scenario of a complex torn meniscus requiring surgery, with just about max recovery time. Even invasive tear repairs are 3-6 months with the average down time for heavy sports being closer to 4, then 6. Most patients I have worked with that are young, fit athletes are nowhere close to 6, unless it's a catastrophic knee failure. Marky says he woke up the next day with pain in the knee, after finishing the game. Doesn't like that at all to me.

To clarify I wrote that because of what JB said in his press conference. He said that Marky was flying back to see team doctors.

I also have it on good authority that this is very common not to feel pain with a tear like that until the next morning. The pain usually shows up after a rest period such as sleep and will feel stiff or tight it is due to the loss of lubrication in the knee.

Yes you are right surgery recovery would be 4-6months either way he would be out for the rest of the season. But recovery doesn't mean full rehabilitation so yeah it would be closer to 6 months especially considering rehabilitation for an athlete means back to game shape

5 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

All my thinking comes from one thought when talking about the Canucks

That thought is,

This is year 1 of a 7-10 year window

Signing Markstrom could handcuff this team 4-6 years. If Marky falters unloading him could cost to much

Demko has 1 year left on his contract and will be a rfa after that contract, JB could then sign him to a contract similar to that of Marky's current contract 3 years 3.5 millish and if Demko falters he can be replaced much easier 

Should he falter....  Goes for every player we sign. Look what happened to Schneider in NJ... and he was the future.

If they move on from Marky, and Demko falters the wide window, we now seem to enter, will be narrowed, with no back up plan... 

Nobody knows the future, so you take a chance and hope for the best. Atm Markstrom is riding a wave of success, that will be hard to emulate. 

Good keepers cost $... Miller was a good goal tender, and he cost us 6M/year...

I don't think Marky will be asking for a Kings ransom, in his next contract.

It'll cost, as he play has warranted an increase, however should he get greedy, it may force JB's hand, but for now this is Markys team.

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

To clarify I wrote that because of what JB said in his press conference. He said that Marky was flying back to see team doctors.

I also have it on good authority that this is very common not to feel pain with a tear like that until the next morning. The pain usually shows up after a rest period such as sleep and will feel stiff or tight it is due to the loss of lubrication in the knee.

Yes you are right surgery recovery would be 4-6months either way he would be out for the rest of the season. But recovery doesn't mean full rehabilitation so yeah it would be closer to 6 months especially considering rehabilitation for an athlete means back to game shape

Yes it does. And I didn't say 4 to 6. I said 3-6. Recovery does mean full game day shape, and I have seen that in time periods closer to 3 with athletes. All this doesn't matter. You have no inside info that lets you know. Any thing at this point is a guess, and you are fear mongering by guessing worse case scenario. I don't even know why I bother replying after your disrespectful display earlier in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

That might have been the play where he got injured and just did not know it.