The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020 - 4:30 PM PST

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

20 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

dude when was the last time you had surgery and a month later you were 100 percent elite athlete form?  He's clearly out for the remainder of the season.

this type of surgery is very minor and noninvasive. it's been explained elsewhere but 2-3 weeks is a consistent timeline for the type of injury and procedure marky had apparently.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Ok let’s settle down here. A poster earlier put up a 4-6 week timetable from a doctor’s remark if this was a scope. Given Marky is an elite athlete with all the best possible care and rehab, he will be back sooner than you think.

He’s a goalie, and it’s his knee.  What other (starting) goalie has had this surgery and been back (starting) in 6 weeks? It’s Demko’s net fir now and (maybe?) the playoffs.  IMO, Marky might have played his last game for us.  

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I kind of want TT not be so dominant in the next couple games. His level of play keeps raising his value. I really want JB to sign him and we can’t afford another 6 or even 7M contract.

TT is an incredible player. I hope he stays. 

If my hope is not met then we best win the Cup this year :bigblush:

Whatever your hopes, it is always best if we Win The Cup this year!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I'll take Tanking for $800 please Alex....

Smart move by the Sens.  The more top picks they have, the more likely they can draft a Petey and a Quinn Hughes.  Then they become contenders.  Right now they have BT and Chabot, but no real super stars. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s a goalie, and it’s his knee.  What other (starting) goalie has had this surgery and been back (starting) in 6 weeks? It’s Demko’s net fir now and (maybe?) the playoffs.  IMO, Marky might have played his last game for us.  

Korpisalo; this season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Korpisalo; this season. 

It took him 8 weeks to play again, and that was only as the backup.  It takes more time fir a goalie to get back to playing than a regular skater after knee repair.  Marky will be an option in the playoffs, but IMO us making the playoffs will rest on Demko’s playing well. So, I think Marky might have played his last game for us. 

What i hope for is Demko to play great, we trade him fir a first in the 2020 draft, and we extend Marky.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It took him 8 weeks to play again, and that was only as the backup.  It takes more time fir a goalie to get back to playing than a regular skater after knee repair.  Marky will be an option in the playoffs, but IMO us making the playoffs will rest on Demko’s playing well. So, I think Marky might have played his last game for us. 

What i hope for is Demko to play great, we trade him fir a first in the 2020 draft, and we extend Marky.  

Assuming there's no long term concern with Markstrom's knee and management believes enough in Dipietro, then I can see Demko being dealt this summer particularly if the return would be strong.  There are a few teams that could use a solid goalie.

If there is longer term concern about Markstrom's knee and/or if there is doubt about Dipietro, then I can see the Canucks bringing back Markstrom and Demko again.  There's no need to rush Dipietro.

This off season will be intriguing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It was about 7 weeks. He did a conditioning stint in the AHL last week, played Monday when Merzļikins went down with an injury and backed up Tuesday. 

So I think it's way more likely Markstrom is back before the playoffs versus him having played his last game as a Canuck.

• Cheers 1