The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Vintage Canuck- 100K Appreciation Thread

Junkyard Dog

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Vintage - congratulations.   Not sure how you've managed this - ten a day is only 3650 a year - ten years of that is 36500 posts in a decade which seems like a huge amount... x that by three and you get "Vintage Status", roueghly 30 posts a day for an entire decade..mind boggling.  Only the "Gaurdian" (he or she was the Lex Luther to Vintages Superman here on this forum) and a few others post that frequently  with that sort of dedication.  Remarkable really.  That's easily a couple hours a day on average just posting on this site....wow.   Nuxfromabroad is like Aquaman.   The comic book one with the orange underwear and - pretty special but not Supermanpost special ha ha.  The Thing does some bad ass GDT too...nice to have a certain element of moral compass or enforcer code built into this site - that said without the bad guys (Gaurdian - Bubbles etc) and some anti-heros (Alf right now - BABCOCK and 189 Enforcers IM BATMAN ha ha !) this sure wouldn't be nearly as much fun.  Thanks to everyone that spends their possibly limited down time to write and make this site the best in the League. 

Edit: for some more perspective on Vintages remarkable achievement- even if each post was one word each he's written almost two 250-300 page books.   If each post was one sentence then he's written around nine 300 page novels worth of stuff on this site.  Seriously it's like the "Wheel of Time " or "Game of Thrones" ... just ... wow.

you forget that vintage came over on the mayflower. pocahontas was his first sweetheart. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

of all the things that i have lost, i miss my mind the most.

Ok Joe that's hysterical.   I literally blew my drink out my nose while reading this because it was so unexpected.   Had a math teacher who taught in my middle school from Smithers - and loved the Canucks (circa 1987-89).    Smoked in the teachers lounge between classes and god forbid you got in his way in the hall - would knock you over and grunt - probably body checked 300 kids a year and whenever I see your posts it reminds me of him.   Loss unfortunately is part of life - thanks for some perspective and I'm sure that most people on this site would be extra happy if this is the core that finally does it for the fans with an addendum for you and some other old timers that remember the Canucks as a WHL team.   You do remember that right?

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ok Joe that's hysterical.   I literally blew my drink out my nose while reading this because it was so unexpected.   Had a math teacher who taught in my middle school from Smithers - and loved the Canucks (circa 1987-89).    Smoked in the teachers lounge between classes and god forbid you got in his way in the hall - would knock you over and grunt - probably body checked 300 kids a year and whenever I see your posts it reminds me of him.   Loss unfortunately is part of life - thanks for some perspective and I'm sure that most people on this site would be extra happy if this is the core that finally does it for the fans with an addendum for you and some other old timers that remember the Canucks as a WHL team.   You do remember that right?

i remember the canucks when they were in the pchl and then the whl. met both andy bathgate and larry popein, who both made it to the rangers. i was a fan back in the 6 team league. i remember gordie howe rookie season and of course bobby orr. started following hockey in about 1945. 

what was the teacher’s name? 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Qwags said:

How long until Vintage reaches 1 million? 

6 months

do we retire jerseys/handles on these boards?

is there a ring of honour on here ?

can we scapegoat him mercilessly

if the nucks do not win a cup this decade ?

just testing the waters on all of the possible extreme options  :bigblush:

On 2/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Figured he is worth a thread of appreciation.

For almost 10 years @-Vintage Canuck- has been here, reporting on trades, signings, rumors, post game, anything you can name. He has kept us informed and notified when we never did ask him to do so. He's been so good on these forums that beating him to announce things has turned into an accomplishment in upon itself. :lol:

Today marks his 100,000th post and I personally feel that this is a great time for us to show appreciation for all the hard work he does putting us first. If you look on -VC-'s profile where it says "Interests" you will find and I quote "Making the Canucks Community a better place for everyone.". From the community to you, @-Vintage Canuck- thank you for making these forums a better place for everyone. I look forward for giving you appreciation again when it comes down to 100K Likes!

Truly you have a heart of a Canuck.

K, now tell us the truth. You’re his mom, right.

@-Vintage Canuck-

Thanks so much for everything you do here on the forum. It's obvious you have a true love for hockey and the Canucks, and have for many years. You've contributed so much that it's hard for my brain to process? Whether its game day thread, postgame, trade deadline, or even offseason, you really do deliver the best up to date news and info. I know it goes much farther than that, but I'd just like to say thanks, and keep doing what you love and do.

I mostly read, listen to games on the radio, and occasionally post. It's hard financially to go to games when you live on Vancouver Island. Cost of tickets, hotel, ferry, food etc. So between the radio and forum, this has been a wonderful place, and you contribute well.

To quote a colleague of mine "You are a scholar, a gentleman...and a fine judge of good whiskey". I mean that in the most gentleman way, you are the best!

My personal favorite post would be either the mortal combat queens vs Canucks photoshop you helped me with when we finished them a few years ago to miss playoffs, or the difficult "name that canuck" post. I'll go with the name that canuck post

My original image is gone, but I'll admit it was too hard with just an alternate angle of a blood stained jersey from Trevor Linden in 1994 playoffs. No numbers... but you still figured it out!! It was too hard, but you still figured it out. 

I have a pretty good idea about the man being the mask. I wont be speaking about that, it's better that way. If anyone asks, they can search 100k posts themself! 

Cheers, and keep on doing what you do.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 8:38 PM, D-Money said:

That explains a lot actually.

No wonder Vintage's threads are always first! He finds out before it happens!!!

well if truth be told

he is an extreme cyber hacker

has broken into every team's key computers

into all relevant nhl headquarter computers

and other important data basis

so he can stay on top of or ahead of released news as a result

he is careful in his postings... timing them just right

so he is early with each important post

but not too early to create suspicion

and so he comes across as masterful

not the low down criminal hacking person he really is

:towel:

it takes true genius and art

to survive this masterful con so long

again congrats

Edited by coastal.view

5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

well if truth be told

he is an extreme cyber hacker

has broken into every team's key computers

into all relevant nhl headquarter computers

and other important data basis

so he can stay on top of or ahead of released news as a result

he is careful in his postings... timing them just right

so he is early with each important post

but not too early to create suspicion

and so he comes across as masterful

not the low down criminal hacking person he really is

:towel:

it takes true genius and art

to survive this masterful con so long

again congrats

I was gonna guess time traveler who is bored with toying with former crushes.