The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

What the hell has happen to Roussel. Like I get it he had a bad injury but he is less than a shell of his former self and where did the old school version of him go? He’s been an embarrassment this year. 

IMO, he hasn't been the same since he lost the fight to Nurse.

34 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

The Laffs first line couldn't even score on a 42 year old zamboni driver. 

Mainly because the Canes skaters played well in front of him to limit scoring chances. No way the feel-good story could have happened if Ayres came in to play in our net.

theyve been playing that zone collapse all season.  They allow a shooting gallery hoping the low danger shots from the perimeter don’t go in.  Flirting with fire IMHO, especially now that the quality of goaltending is going to be reduced. 

If they make the playoffs and they keep handing the perimeter in the d zone to the other team my heart won’t be able to take it! 

Looking at a couple lines tonight

Bo- Peason- Motte 9-2 changes against

Bo - Pearson- Gaudette- 6-0 chances for 

so.. 

Bo- Pearson- Gaud

miller- petey- TT

Eriksson - sutter jake

Beagle - Mac - Motte

sit Roussel in hindsight as Eriksson didnt have a terrible game

Keep Motte on the 4th line only

• Cheers 1

This game just shows why we need to sign Markstrom ASAP. Demko was not good enough, and was the weak link in this winnable game.

On another note, I couldn’t believe that I was watching Tanev fight! I don’t remember seeing him fight before, and he held his own.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I called it. Trap game. A team with nothing to lose vs a team coming off of a couple big wins with a big Saturday night showdown vs the Leafs on prime time. The Sens were just good enough to win and throw in the Bobby Ryan thing, this is what you get. The Canucks NEED to play 60 god damn minutes night in and night out down the stretch here especially with Demko who is Jekyll and Hyde back there some nights. 

The number 60 and the Canucks are like the same end of magnets. They never mean to stick together. See Markus Grandlund.

20 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Looking at a couple lines tonight

Bo- Peason- Motte 9-2 changes against

Bo - Pearson- Gaudette- 6-0 chances for 

so.. 

Bo- Pearson- Gaud

miller- petey- TT

Eriksson - sutter jake

Beagle - Mac - Motte

sit Roussel in hindsight as Eriksson didnt have a terrible game

Keep Motte on the 4th line only

Sutter sucks - keeps AG on line 3

I honestly think at this point 5 on 5...Hockey Gaud should be in the middle between Miller and Tofu. EP40 needs to get his head out of his butt and actually work hard for a shift. Gives up way to easily and basically relies on his line mates to do all the work. 

Some time on the 3rd line might wake him up. 

Also, Roussel needs to be sat ASAP. A pile of rocks would provide more hustle than him at this point. 

• Wat 2