The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm going to say it. Flame away. Canucks are never winning a Cup. Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world to live in, don't want to be anywhere else. But when it comes to competition... just feels like the flakiness that is here bleeds into a team. We need some steel mills or something. In the meantime, they're still fun (mostly) to watch, and that's just a good entertainment option.  

• Haha 2
  • Wat 4

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Didn’t like our start in Montreal and we didn’t like it tonight either. In the end, it just wasn’t good enough. We’ll watch the game again and be ready for Toronto.” - Myers

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

And they’ll come out the same against Toronto. 

How many times do you have to watch the same thing happen?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

For the analytics crowd, we out shot the opponent. But does it mean $&!#?

I believe a big part of that is score effect. We only started playing with desperation once down by 2, and the Sens mostly played defensively tight game afterward. I'm pretty sure if we went up by 2 early the Sens would have pounded us in the shots department.

Just now, Disgruntler said:

I'm going to say it. Flame away. Canucks are never winning a Cup. Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world to live in, don't want to be anywhere else. But when it comes to competition... just feels like the flakiness that is here bleeds into a team. We need some steel mills or something. In the meantime, they're still fun (mostly) to watch, and that's just a good entertainment option.  

Never even seen you post when the Canucks win tho. Your credibility is crap. L0l.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

haha...yeah...

...after demko let in 2 ahl level goals.  face it...demko was crap tonight

:picard: your take is horrible....like demkos game

Your take on Demko overall is horrible. He's 24 years old and playing his first season as a backup goalie. Have some fcking patience 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While it would be great for the Canucks to make the playoffs, I struggle to see how they will. 

The defense isn’t getting it done, outside of Hughes and Tanev. Baumgartner is proving to be incapable of doing his job at the NHL level. 

Too many forwards are mailing it in at a crucial time of year. 

The team is realistically a year or two away from being legitimate contenders. They have some excellent players, but too few are committed to playing with consistency and cohesion. 

I have a hard time seeing this team as a playoff team when they blow as hard as they did against a Senators team. 

Again, they need to grow a collective set of balls. They’re far too permissive. 

Yeah I agree

trading (a lot) for a potential regular season rental (who’s looked great but..)  isn’t going to look good on Jimmie resume either. 

Baumer/Brown need to be replaced.

and the toliet bowl floaters sutter LE Roussel  need to be flushed away. 
salary cap mess is going to be tough to clear up. 

• Cheers 1

Very disappointing effort. Demko was both excellent and awful but he has to make the easy saves not just the hard ones. Hopefully he can find consistency or our playoff hopes may be dashed. The second key is that Petey has to return to form. It kind of feels like a repeat of last year when he tailed off during the last third of the season. Really wasn't expecting that to happen this season....and where would we be without JT Miller? Last thought..Toffoli, WOW what  pick up so far....Brock who??? LOL

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

Don't think coaching was an issue tonight. 

Regroup and onto the next one.

watching our players stand around in our zone clueless watching the sens skate around and make plays happen has to be on coaching to some degree. i mean who the hell is teaching or telling our entire team to do this?