The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Bo really captain material?

Rate this topic

Gator

Now I freaking love Bo and think out of all Canucks I'd get along with him best. Hes a great two way player, great team mate, and someone players can look up to. With all that said is he really a good captain moving forward?

He doesn't seem like a guy that will really speak up when he needs to be tough on his team mates (friends). Hes almost too nice of a guy for the role IMHO. 

I love Bo and have always seen him as Captain, but he seems a bit overwhelmed by it so far. Maybe I'm just over reacting, I hope I am anyway. Interested to see what the community thinks about this topic!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 10

Who would you suggest?

Miller? He's been here just almost a season. If he was here a bit longer already sure you could make a case but does he deserve it when he's played 3/4 of a season with us?

Every other option we have is too young and shouldn't have that sort of pressure.

Who knows? It's his first season as the captain and it's just too early to tell.

Let's at least see how he performs in the playoffs.

Btw, I'm not sure if he is a great two way player. He is great offensively. Definitely not bad enough to be a defensive liability but I' wouldn't call him great defensive player.

Just now, Type R said:

Plays a heart and soul game and leaves it all out on the ice.  Great community leader, good spokesperson, and leads by example.. Terrible captain??

Critics of him are sad he isn't a Swede as they'd put that label on his too (ie., stereotypical comments about Swedish hockey players).

31 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Now I freaking love Bo and think out of all Canucks I'd get along with him best. Hes a great two way player, great team mate, and someone players can look up to. With all that said is he really a good captain moving forward?

He doesn't seem like a guy that will really speak up when he needs to be tough on his team mates (friends). Hes almost too nice of a guy for the role IMHO. 

I love Bo and have always seen him as Captain, but he seems a bit overwhelmed by it so far. Maybe I'm just over reacting, I hope I am anyway. Interested to see what the community thinks about this topic!

Considering the other candidates or lack thereof to drive this new generation forward, I think Bo was the most obvious choice. 

If Miller was here earlier I think he might've made a good captain. He's not afraid to back down from anyone and he calls things like he sees it.

Bo will learn along the way... its been 5 months since he took that responsiblity.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

4 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Considering the other candidates or lack thereof to drive this new generation forward, I think Bo was the most obvious choice. 

If Miller was here earlier I think he might've made a good captain. He's not afraid to back down from anyone and he calls things like he sees it.

Bo will learn along the way... its been 5 months since he took that responsiblity.

with another season of aging and experience

i no longer think edler is too young for that role

:P

48 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Who would you suggest?

Miller? He's been here just almost a season. If he was here a bit longer already sure you could make a case but does he deserve it when he's played 3/4 of a season with us?

Every other option we have is too young and shouldn't have that sort of pressure.

Sutter is who I'd give it to tbh. It's too late for that now though. I'm sure stripping Bo of the "C" would be detrimental to the locker room. I'm more so seeing if the community feels like we did it too early like me and feel like it should've been given to a vet like Sutter until other young guys established themselves after a few years for that role. Pettersson, Hughes, and Miller would all be in consideration at that point. 

• Wat 1