The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Leafs Feb 29 2020 - 4:00 Pacific - HNIC - Leap Year Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I like our roster, JB has done an amazing job

i take issue with guys in the lineup that are blatantly floating while others sit

given that, why don’t I have the right to call out Green? Trust me nobody want us to kill the Leafs more than I do but going into this game I don’t have a good feeling

i hope I am wrong

You have the right...you've called out Green.  Repeatedly.

We've heard your feelings...now let's hear others' feelings as well?   

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Swap Roussel with Eriksson and you have a deal.

I just don’t think Roussel is right 

I do like him but something is not right with him. What he did last game on that shift into the offensive zone when he knew he needed to come off is downright selfish. He could hardly make it to the bench as play went the other way 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 1

I agree with everyone saying Virtanen should be on first line, Tofoli on the second line, and for me, while Rousel hasn’t played well, he still has so much more potential than useless Loui, so I’d still love to see Eriksson out and some fresh blood in.

Green can be stubborn on these things. We arguably lost several points early in the season when he refused to take Edler off the first power play unit for Hughes. Meanwhile, our whole fan base was calling for that move in Hughes’ first few games last season.

Edited by Slegr
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I agree with everyone saying Virtanen should be on first line, Tofoli on the second line, and for me, while Rousel hasn’t played well, he still has so much more potential than useless Loui, so I’d still love to see Eriksson out and some fresh blood in.

Green can be stubborn on these things. We arguably lost several points early in the season when he refused to take Edler off the first power play unit for Hughes. Meanwhile, our whole fan base was calling for that move in Hughes’ first few games last season.

You mean when we went 7-2-1 in the first 10 games of the season?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

the reason I call out Green repeatedly is he repeatedly makes the same mistakes

Obviously if what you are saying is true Jim Benning would have replaced Green or the coaching staff by now. I think you are micro managing too much.

I am more concerned with the way they start a game. We have young guys on the team and the book on the Orca must be, come out fast get up a couple of goals early and then out work them to win the game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Its Saturday Canucks should being wearing the Black Skate Jersey but they’re not wearing it again this season...Grrrrr

fire the marketing team!....we want The Black Skate Jersey every Saturday.

It’s a big game as the norm this season....but it’s against the Leafs so it’s a must win....GCG

3C032590-0A5E-4EB4-9E43-3278C8C0E86A.gif

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Slegr said:

This is exactly it. This is like Willy D's love for Kaput/Magma. As we are a young rebuilding team, why would we want to see a has-been like LE have more ice time then our "up- an- comer's" like Jake? or MacEwen? or any of our young defenseman who have had short stints with the big cub in years past(our bottom Dmen have struggled at times). 

I really think TG is afraid of losing his job just as Willy did ,instead of "doing what is good for the team". 

Note to Travis; We are not Stanley Cup Contenders yet so let the kids play!

• Like 1