The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (01-07) 2020

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

That's stupid. If I were managing the Panthers organization, I would either do it earlier in the season when Vancouver was in town or wait until next sesaon's game against Vancouver at home to do it.

The purpose is to honor Luongo's time with the Panthers organization only. Doing it with Vancouver in town just draws attention away from the Panthers... not to mention brings up how little success they had with him by comparison.

Calgary and Vegas, I'm not too worried about in the playoffs. Edmonton on the other hand, sure their defence and goaltending is sketchy but they've got two players who can take over a series by themselves, and they'll be hungry. Really hope we don't face them in the 1st round but I think we might.

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Calgary and Vegas, I'm not too worried about in the playoffs. Edmonton on the other hand, sure their defence and goaltending is sketchy but they've got two players who can take over a series by themselves, and they'll be hungry. Really hope we don't face them in the 1st round but I think we might.

I would still rather face Edmonton than Vegas in a playoff match up. As a team, we don't play well against Vegas at all. Well right now, I just want them to make the playoffs, I don't even care where they are seeded nor who they face in round 1, just make the playoffs please!

• Upvote 3

By the end of tonight:

VGK: 68 GP / 82 pts (assuming they beat the lowly Devils)

Edm: 67 GP / 80 pts

Cal: 67 GP / 75 pts

------

Van: 65 GP / 74 pts

Winn: 68 GP / 74 pts

------

Minny: 66 GP / 73 pts

Nash: 66 GP / 72 pts

Ari: 67 GP / 72 pts

Chi: 66 GP: 68 pts

The Canucks obviously have games in hand - but if they lose tomorrow against Arizona, there's a chance they drop all the way to 11th in the conference and 22nd in the league..... absolute must-win game for them. They need to win the next few: Arizona (must-win), Colorado (harder, but must-win), Columbus (must-win). They need to be at 80 points by the end of the weekend. 79 points, worst case.

1 hour ago, Canadian said:

By the end of tonight:

VGK: 68 GP / 82 pts (assuming they beat the lowly Devils)

Edm: 67 GP / 80 pts

Cal: 67 GP / 75 pts

------

Van: 65 GP / 74 pts

Winn: 68 GP / 74 pts

------

Minny: 66 GP / 73 pts

Nash: 66 GP / 72 pts

Ari: 67 GP / 72 pts

Chi: 66 GP: 68 pts

The Canucks obviously have games in hand - but if they lose tomorrow against Arizona, there's a chance they drop all the way to 11th in the conference and 22nd in the league..... absolute must-win game for them. They need to win the next few: Arizona (must-win), Colorado (harder, but must-win), Columbus (must-win). They need to be at 80 points by the end of the weekend. 79 points, worst case.

:frantic:

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Wtf Melnyk, the standards in most restaurants these days for tips are at least 15% and more if it is dinner. Heck as an everyday guy, I go with standard 15% top. 12% is on the low end and 8% is just pathetic

Flames down 2-0 in the third...gotta love that!

Sounds like they're playing like absolute crap!  LOL at Burkie...talking about how angry he'd get when his players pulled no shows like this.  Says it's why he never buys good cufflinks...because he'd smash his hands on the table and they'd break!  Also said he put a hole in the drywall in Van once.