The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Pretty obvious when you brag about being experienced in the game, calling other forum users dumb for not being as experienced as he is. Then he says Green accepts losing based off of media clips... No NHL coach accepts losing and to claim you’re so experienced in the game and then spout off that an NHL coach accepts losing is laughable at best. 

To question Green’s moves is 100% acceptable, to say he accepts losing matter of factly like that is disingenuous at best. 

Okay leafs lose to an beer league goalie and the next game they beat the lighting and we lose to the sens and then we lose to the leafs so........

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why do you keep expecting a different result? why do you keep frustrating yourself over it? 

I suppose at some point I hope JB steps in and takes over the lineup decisions 

or perhaps Green become competent overnight 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except it was proven to you that firing the coach does not increase your odds of winning the cup. 

We are 0/50 several teams that fired their coach have gone on to win the cup, even if it was just one, still better odds historically.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The one thing JB is not good at ..   

hiring head coaches 

first Willie

then Green 

Too much blame on Willie, your right he wasn’t a great coach but damn man. He got our team to the playoffs the first year. Did you see the roster we iced in those years after. Nobody is winning anything with those rosters. It was the start of the rebuild so I don’t buy that at all. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Statistically, we know that firing the coach of lately seems to increase the odds at a Cup, by what was it, 25%? 

Interesting stat. Not sure if the comments relate to mine/this, but... 

75%>>25% not that we're a cup contender either way. 

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Wasn't torts his hire? I would love torts coaching this bunch ha 

so I would say I trust his judge of coaching over Jim's ha

I wouldn't want Torts within 10,000 km of this team. 

He'd play EP40, Miller, Toffoli and Hughes 30 minutes a game and burn them out. 

Then run to his place in Point Roberts. 

Sorry, no thanks. 

I'd take Babcock before Tort's any day. 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

We are 0/50 several teams that fired their coach have gone on to win the cup, even if it was just one, still better odds historically.

We have also fired a coach midseason and not won the cup so your math doesn't add up.

Also just because I disagree with you on Green does not mean I act like he is my father... 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Too much blame on Willie, your right he wasn’t a great coach but damn man. He got our team to the playoffs the first year. Did you see the roster we iced in those years after. Nobody is winning anything with those rosters. It was the start of the rebuild so I don’t buy that at all. 

He wAs a disaster in La and had players outright confused 

there is a reason he is no longer coaching at the NHL level 

That said he is a better coach than Green 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay leafs lose to an beer league goalie and the next game they beat the lighting and we lose to the sens and then we lose to the leafs so........

It's the NHL any team can beat anyone on any given night. Your point? 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

None of these changes makes any difference if Green stays with the same systems, and passive (chase) philosophy.  As I’ve been posting here for quite a while, our systems do not get the best out of our players. 

Almost every team the Canucks play Alf use the same box + 1 d coverage as the Canucks.  Player personnel also plays a huge factor in how that system is implemented as well.  Fact is, your never going to get guys like Pearson playing a tight gap on their coverage because they don't have the agility to recover like say a Motte or Hughes if they get beat.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there's a lot of big decisions this summer, coaching, goaltending, contract extension talks, possible UFA additions vs call-ups, its going to be interesting with a lot of potential movement. 

yup... Judd Brackett and Ian Clark included, both huge parts of the team and both their contracts up at end of season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We have also fired a coach midseason and not won the cup so your math doesn't add up.

Also just because I disagree with you on Green does not mean I act like he is my father... 

Didn’t say it was 100%, just said the odds were better, if we fire our coach every season we should win a cup before our 100th anniversary.