The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

On being a Captain:  I have played with many different Captains (in rugby), and have been a Captain myself. In all cases, we knew that there were some players who were great at leading and motivating us on the field, that may not have been the Captain. I was there because of on field decisions needed someone who a good sense of tactics. However, I never was the player who lead my being outstanding, putting out massive tackles, making great runs. Now things are different in hockey, but does the Canuck's captain have a different job than been the team motivator?

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wouldn't want Torts within 10,000 km of this team. 

He'd play EP40, Miller, Toffoli and Hughes 30 minutes a game and burn them out. 

Then run to his place in Point Roberts. 

Sorry, no thanks. 

I'd take Babcock before Tort's any day. 

Torts is a good coach hate him or like him , green coaches a similar system just with less bite and horrible d system 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Didn’t say it was 100%, just said the odds were better, if we fire our coach every season we should win a cup before our 100th anniversary.

This is all moot with markstrom playing goalie for us. 

Do you know the percentage of swedish starting tenders with stanley cups?

I know you're playing. I'm just having fun.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

yup... Judd Brackett and Ian Clark included, both huge parts of the team and both their contracts up at end of season.

Promote Manny to assistant coach and handle PP and face-offs. 

Hire someone like Willie Mitchell for defensive coach. He learned a lot about positioning and defence. He'd be a good teacher.

Unless Juice wants to hang up the microphone and be a defensive coach? 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I guess we should talk to the mayor and change the city name to Vancouvir then. 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Or the team name to Canicks 

See, when we work together we can find solutions.

• Haha 3

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Torts is a good coach hate him or like him , green coaches a similar system just with less bite and horrible d system 

Torts wasn't a good coach here though. Can't coach the Vancouver Canucks staying at home in Point Roberts for practice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wloutet said:

On being a Captain:  I have played with many different Captains (in rugby), and have been a Captain myself. In all cases, we knew that there were some players who were great at leading and motivating us on the field, that may not have been the Captain. I was there because of on field decisions needed someone who a good sense of tactics. However, I never was the player who lead my being outstanding, putting out massive tackles, making great runs. Now things are different in hockey, but does the Canuck's captain have a different job than been the team motivator?

Having played is a combo I of 2 things 

1) leading by example

2) knowing how to address the team 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Torts wasn't a good coach here though. Can't coach the Vancouver Canucks staying at home in Point Roberts for practice. 

That is not true, I believe it was the Olympic break he spent there, but yes Torts, although I like him was the wrong coach for us at that time and probably still would be.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/john+tortorella+days+downtime/9522867/story.html

Edited by Dumb Nuck

48 minutes ago, aliboy said:

Blair King is a Ph'D environmental scientist whom you can trust, I also have a BCIT OH&S Technology Diploma, you can trust Blair's opinion, it's also right in my wheelhouse. The N95 won't work.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-prevention-face-mask-not-helpful-wash-hands/

A type called an N95 respirator mask, if properly fitted, can block large-particle droplets that may contain germs, but the FDA warns they cannot filter out "very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs [or] sneezes."

The coronavirus cannot infect you through you skin. So it has to get into your system through your mouth, nose, or eyes.

I heard that one reason people are wearing masks is to remind themselves not to touch their faces. That would help them avoid getting ill. Makes sense to me...

Hope the team plays like they can and not like the last two games. GCG

• Upvote 1