The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

instead of always blaming the coach when players don’t play well, maybe it is time to put the blame on the players. 

One player, sure, two, maybe, three, stretching it, most the team, that’s on the coach.

Glad not to have to nervously watch Anderson hunting down EP or QH tonight. 

I wonder how many of us look with envy at PLD and wonder how much worse JB must feel seeing him dominate out there at centre? 

Jones is out and how lucky for the Canucks? 
What a stud he has been on that roster these past few years. He might have been a superstar elsewhere. 

Savard will put the hurt on our forwards tonight. The net-front game-within-the game should be an eyeful. 

I’ve predicted/guessed a 7-2 Columbus win, only because that’s what came to mind. It could just as easily go the other way, but the Canucks will have to fight for anything they get. Not sure that’s their strong suit though.  

8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Wasn't torts his hire? I would love torts coaching this bunch ha 

so I would say I trust his judge of coaching over Jim's ha

Yup.  Aquilini can do what he wants, and he does.  He thought Torts could squeeze more out if the old core, so he hired Torts.  When both Torts and Gillis said the old core was stale and the team needed to rebuild, he fired them and got JB and Linden to try to squeeze more out of the old core. (Which they did fir one year) After Aquilini got behind the retool idea.  How many years did he hold on for though, four?  Then this summer he declared the rebuild over, and gave direction to JB to do what it takes to get the team to the playoff bubble.  I think we have quite a good team.  I wish Aquilini would go that extra step now and bring in a coach like Babcock to push the new young group to reach its best.  Green was a soft player, and that is reflected in his coaching systems and philosophy.  

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m a big fan of our players.  IMO Babcock would have us 20 games over .500

Green is too soft on his veterans.  Plus, his forecheck is stupid.  

.....Isn't Babcock the guy that "beats" players in the back room ?

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

It's also lazy to blame one person while ignoring the big picture. 

I see Green as the problem so no, I am not lazy blaming him, he needs to be replaced then we can reevaluate where we are, I’d bet we’d be actually a fair bet better than we are now, as I said, I like our team.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, aliboy said:

Blair King is a Ph'D environmental scientist whom you can trust, I also have a BCIT OH&S Technology Diploma, you can trust Blair's opinion, it's also right in my wheelhouse. The N95 won't work.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-prevention-face-mask-not-helpful-wash-hands/

A type called an N95 respirator mask, if properly fitted, can block large-particle droplets that may contain germs, but the FDA warns they cannot filter out "very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs [or] sneezes."

So why is everyone at Richmond center wearing those ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I see Green as the problem so no, I am not lazy blaming him, he needs to be replaced then we can reevaluate where we are, I’d bet we’d be actually a fair bet better than we are now, as I said, I like our team.

You won't even answer what he's doing wrong and what he could improve so yes, it is lazy on your part. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You won't even answer what he's doing wrong and what he could improve so yes, it is lazy on your part. 

His systems aren’t working, he is too soft, he is stubborn and doesn’t adapt, makes bad decisions, our players don’t seem to be developing, has a meagre .45 or so win record, he’s not a good coach.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I wonder how many of us look with envy at PLD and wonder how much worse JB must feel seeing him dominate out there at centre? 

I was thinking about this the other day and what if the Canucks had ended up getting PLD- fantasy talk of course but he would have fit nicely on this roster.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Aquilini can do what he wants, and he does.  He thought Torts could squeeze more out if the old core, so he hired Torts.  When both Torts and Gillis said the old core was stale and the team needed to rebuild, he fired them and got JB and Linden to try to squeeze more out of the old core. (Which they did fir one year) After Aquilini got behind the retool idea.  How many years did he hold on for though, four?  Then this summer he declared the rebuild over, and gave direction to JB to do what it takes to get the team to the playoff bubble.  I think we have quite a good team.  I wish Aquilini would go that extra step now and bring in a coach like Babcock to push the new young group to reach its best.  Green was a soft player, and that is reflected in his coaching systems and philosophy.  

I agree green isn't the right coach but that's just my two cents but he shows he has the tools to be one but his still green and he has greenhorns around him..... But he D system does him no favours and I don't see green coming back after this season or his on a short leash with a new staff....

i agree we need to bring some more attitude , look at the Hawks and kings , star players are aholes and their coaches were too , nice guys finish last for a reason.....

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

His systems aren’t working, he is too soft, he is stubborn and doesn’t adapt, makes bad decisions, our players don’t seem to be developing, has a meaner .45 or so win record, he’s not a good coach.

Weird multiple players have had and are having career best seasons most notably Jake Virtanen after being coached by him in both Utica AND Vancouver. But players aren't developing. Interesting. 

• Like 1