Sign in to follow this  
debluvscanucks

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PCprincipal said:

Which players are developing too slowly?

Virtanen despite improving every year under Green apparently. That Hughes guy should have more points too. :bigblush:

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You raise a valid point Joe.  IMO our systems are wrong, and don’t get the best out of our players.  Plus, Green’s philosophy is passive.  And since I’m piling on, imo Green is too soft (or nice) to be a top NHL coach.  Like Brian Burke said last week here on local radio, the players want to be coached hard.  Babcock is exactly the type of coach our top young players deserve.  He’d insist on everyone playing a certain (hard on and off pucks) way to play.  He’d let Petey and Hughes go, and we’d see even more exiting play from them.  He’d get Jake playing hard nosed.  He’d sit any veteran who didn’t play the right way.  We would see 10 soft stick swinging checks every shift.  He would insist of a properly schemed forecheck, back pressure, which would allow our D men to step up.  We’d see lots of neutral zone turnovers, and fast counter attacks.  We’d see a team start every game with a passion to initiate, and not just relax, chase, and retaliate.  Babcock would lead this young core to multiple Cups.  

I wonder if Gerard Gallant would be a good coach, if a change of coaches is a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LateNightBus said:

I wonder if Gerard Gallant would be a good coach, if a change of coaches is a possibility.

He coached his way out of a stacked Vegas team. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calgary gets hot, we get cold. Chances are if Vancouver loses today, that will be the nail in the coffin. This just goes to show how directionless we are without Markstrom. It’s too bad, I thought this team was better. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

When you practice a craft you generally improve, with a good teacher you improve far faster and more than with a bad teacher so OK players are developing but how much and how fast. IMHO not enough and too slow.

I like how the players that do develop it's because of sheer luck and talent, but a player you deem developing too slowly for your liking its on the coach. That's some hilarious goal post moving there. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Calgary gets hot, we get cold. Chances are if Vancouver loses today, that will be the nail in the coffin. This just goes to show how directionless we are without Markstrom. It’s too bad, I thought this team was better. 

645483085_giphy(1).gif.c6ae879906930d4d25ff8693061674fd.gif

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

When you practice a craft you generally improve, with a good teacher you improve far faster and more than with a bad teacher so OK players are developing but how much and how fast. IMHO not enough and too slow.

The bottom line is that TG's NHL experience is short and he has no playoff or Stanley Cup experience on his resume as a Coach. Yes he has great results coaching young guys in the AHL, but how far can he stretch that in the NHL? It appears he is at the end of his knowledge spectrum and more experience is needed to take these guys to the next step. The reason for this years success? When you have players like Miller, Hughes and Marky on your squad, all you need to do is tap them on the shoulder to have success. 

TG's inexperience is beginning to show just like it did with Willy. His tenure seems to be almost up and we will have a more experienced NHL Coach to take these guys to the next level. Some see the writing on the wall and I guess some don't.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Louie Eriksson

Dammit you’re right, fire green

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

friggin florida cant buy a win these days.

 

must win tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

I wonder if Gerard Gallant would be a good coach, if a change of coaches is a possibility.

Not just Vegas let him go, but Florida too. 

Basically the first slump the team has they drop him. 

So there's something going on there. One team doing that maybe. 

But two teams? 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He coached his way out of a stacked Vegas team. 

True! Coach Green is still here and coaching, it's all good.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LateNightBus said:

True! Coach Green is still here and coaching, it's all good.

Green has his areas he needs to work on but no need to fire him yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PCprincipal said:

Which players are developing too slowly?

Loui eriksson.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lines in warm-up:
 

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Virtanen
Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli
Roussel-Gaudette-Motte
Eriksson-Sutter(A)-MacEwen

 

Edler(A)-Stecher 
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers

 

Domingue

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Alain Vigneault took the job in 2006 and didn't see major success until 2010/11 with a similar yet more complete team to start with.

Vigneault's Canuck teams made the playoffs every year he was here except for 1.  Green's Canuck teams have yet to make the playoffs.

 

This underscores the issue.  Fans who think Green should be replaced feel that he is not the right guy and that the team would be further ahead with a better coach.  They feel that the team will have more success both now and in the future with a more capable coach.

 

Fans that want Green to stay are preaching patience.  However, I would suggest that more than half of the fan base is impatient with the rebuild and wants playoffs now.  Thus the large number of people who are suggesting Green should go.

 

Keeping his feet to the fire is not a bad thing.  He hears about it.  CBC panel discussed it back in December.  While they supported Green at the time the point was still made loud and clear that a large portion of the Canuck fan base believes the team would do better with another coach. 

 

Wanting a coach who is as good as the personnel and GM is not crazy. Waiting to miss the playoffs once or twice before changing the coach might be the wrong thing to do and might hurt the team's progression unnecessarily.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Loui eriksson.

I blame Dallas his stint there really stunted his growth and put him behind the eight ball here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I blame Dallas his stint there really stunted his growth and put him behind the eight ball here. 

Maybe he will improve with age.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fanfor42 said:

Vigneault's Canuck teams made the playoffs every year he was here except for 1.  Green's Canuck teams have yet to make the playoffs.

 

This underscores the issue.  Fans who think Green should be replaced feel that he is not the right guy and that the team would be further ahead with a better coach.  They feel that the team will have more success both now and in the future with a more capable coach.

 

Fans that want Green to stay are preaching patience.  However, I would suggest that more than half of the fan base is impatient with the rebuild and wants playoffs now.  Thus the large number of people who are suggesting Green should go.

 

Keeping his feet to the fire is not a bad thing.  He hears about it.  CBC panel discussed it back in December.  While they supported Green at the time the point was still made loud and clear that a large portion of the Canuck fan base believes the team would do better with another coach. 

 

Wanting a coach who is as good as the personnel and GM is not crazy. Waiting to miss the playoffs once or twice before changing the coach might be the wrong thing to do and might hurt the team's progression unnecessarily.

I said AV started with a much more complete roster. Green started with a rebuilding one. AV’s true success didn't come until years 4 and 5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We have now dropped to a wildcard spot.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.