The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

50 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

NHL players from the same Swede village as Loui are typically VERY late developers. Usually they peak hockey wise at around 37.

:ph34r:

37 what? 37 million into their current contract?

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Hmmm hockey 101 just like many of Us have been preaching we are not doing 

like take your man, finish your cheque, clear the puck before you try to make a cute defensive zone play 

That's on Gaudette then not the Coach. Your coach scapegoating is pathetic at best. 

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

This is why I wanted them to delay putting the "C" on one of our new core. Really we are just continuing on from an unsuccessful era. Miller shows a different way of leading a team on the ice and now we are stuck with what we have no matter what kind of leaders come behind Bo. Toffoli is another I see who also comes with a Cup under his belt. 

But hey, we wanted to have a "Special Day" in our 50 year celebrations, was it worth it?

the problem I see with this club is its insistance on waiting.

First we had to wait for the Sedins to play 1300 games

then for them to score1000 points

we waited for Willie to run out his 3 year contract

Bo was willing to wait 1 year after the Sedins retired to accept the C

Coach waiting for the NHL to protect our players

it is evident in the style of play when they constantly cycle back to the D  or the D cycle back into their own zone

We are now waiting for Brock as well

Waiting for Loui's and other contracts to expire 

Maybe Goldy was never going to be good enough, but he got benched after scoring is first goal, Grao, Mac, Bailey All the Utica D come up and wait

its not just the players, its the coach

its not just the coach, its the players

There is no urgency in this team, from top to bottom

I think Petey and Miller are different, at least I hope they are, but the rest of the team (not sure 1 way or the other with Hughes) just seems willing to wait their turn.

Back to your point, Bo was annointed future captain the day he was drafted, all he had to do was wait his turn.

What this orginisation lacks is a group, not just one or two players (cuz Petey and Miller are not enough) that want to come in to the team and the league and take the C, the ring, the cup.

LA had it with Doughty and Brown, when their time came Toffoli and Pearson didn't have the same drive. They should be leading LA right now, but they are not.

I have to wonder if it comes down to Jim being able to find skill at the draft, but he is missing something with his character guys

there is a long list of players that Canuck fans do not want near our young guys including McCann,(I include him because he was here) Brown, Marchant, Kane and Kane that have a brashness that is not welcome here.