The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Dubois reminds me of Getzlaf. Immovable around the boards

He's maturing into a great player.  I was really hoping that we'd get a higher draft pick in that lottery and snag him up.  

Wasn’t Benning saying he didn’t dive to far into free agency for a big name goalie because Demko is our guy and we don’t need Demko looking over his shoulder ? 

A possible Domingue win today means Demko needs to get his act together.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Good passing and setups 

just could not finish with the deflections 

both EP and Hughes with some tasty setups 

So much for Green and the coaching staff being unable to make adjustments. 

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder what Pettersson ate before the game, he looks like a different player compared to yesterday.

That one shift where he turned on the speed was amazing. Not sure I have seen him skate that fast....and he did it twice in that one shift.

Don’t want to disrespect Jamie Leach or anything, but i just did a quick search. Jamie has never played a single playoff game in his career and he is a Stanley Cup winner. This further proves that the Stanley Cup is a team award, not an individual award.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, rychicken said:

We have 8 good players and 10 mediocre or worse....

Well if that’s the case then absolutely we should be playing a trap.  We continue to forecheck with two (sometimes three!) against a guy who has clear puck on stick, and head up possession.  That’s friggin’ stupid!  These are NHL players, who simply pass the puck to a forward in motion through the neutral zone.  Our D, because the puck carrier is now coming at speed (and we have no back pressure because our forwards were too friggin’ deep) are forced to back up.  The other team now has possession in our zone, and can cross the puck from one side to the other.  This is the most dangerous 5 on 5 time in the game.  It’s hard on our D, our back checking forwards get running, and our goalie has to play way too deep.  And it all starts with a stupid system.  That’s Green, unless he’s being directed by JB (and the owner is directing him.)

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hughes and Tanev hasn’t been good in their own zone as of late either. 

Need a mixup. 

It’s not the players; it’s a broken system.  We are way too spread out, and are chasing.