The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Wasn’t Benning saying he didn’t dive to far into free agency for a big name goalie because Demko is our guy and we don’t need Demko looking over his shoulder ? 

A possible Domingue win today means Demko needs to get his act together.  

Yeah he did...  

Well all I got to say is that Marky didn't look good at all in his first couple of years with us, but it is ridiculous to look back on all the people clamoring for us to trade Marky while he's hot and give the keys to Demko.  

37 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That's playing against the other team's best line.  He's been very good for what he's supposed to do.  

When he was on the 3rd or 4th line he was also putting up zeros across the board. He's paid 6million to score goals. He's playing on a top line to produce goals not play exclusively as a shutdown line...even so he's -6 in the the last 13 games. I wouldn't call that very good. He's a washed up bum 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Well if that’s the case then absolutely we should be playing a trap.  We continue to forecheck with two (sometimes three!) against a guy who has clear puck on stick, and head up possession.  That’s friggin’ stupid!  These are NHL players, who simply pass the puck to a forward in motion through the neutral zone.  Our D, because the puck carrier is now coming at speed (and we have no back pressure because our forwards were too friggin’ deep) are forced to back up.  The other team now has possession in our zone, and can cross the puck from one side to the other.  This is the most dangerous 5 on 5 time in the game.  It’s hard on our D, our back checking forwards get running, and our goalie has to play way too deep.  And it all starts with a stupid system.  That’s Green, unless he’s being directed by JB (and the owner is directing him.)

Relax, cat muncher. That was a solid period of hockey. Pour a dram of scotch, and rejoice. 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's maturing into a great player.  I was really hoping that we'd get a higher draft pick in that lottery and snag him up.  

I hoped and thought we were Gonna get Dubois that year... saw it going 

Matthews

Laine 

Puljaarvi 

Tkachuk

Dubois

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Definitely good puck movement on the Powerplay.

I like BB as a player but he was having issues on the PP and possession was lost on his stick most of the time. These guys seem to be more fluent in their passing.

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Definitely good puck movement on the Powerplay.

Yeah, that last PP was so satisfying to watch even though we didn't score.  

Columbus' PK is also looking horrible though, no puck pressure. 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's maturing into a great player.  I was really hoping that we'd get a higher draft pick in that lottery and snag him up.  

CBJ threw a wrench into several teams' draft plan, including ours, in that 2016 draft.  They were supposed to draft Puujarvi but grabbed Dubois instead. Edmonton took Puujarvi without hesitation and we ended up with Juolevi.

From what I heard Dubois was our first choice then Juolevi second. I still wonder what our lineup would have looked like today if we got Dubois. 

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I like BB as a player but he was having issues on the PP and possession was lost on his stick most of the time. These guys seem to be more fluent in their passing.

I agree. But I think Brock is dealing with something. He just not the same, his shot just isn’t at 100% this season imo

itll be interesting when he comes back if he’s on the 1st PP

Edited by HockeyHarry

3 minutes ago, Kushman said:

When he was on the 3rd or 4th line he was also putting up zeros across the board. He's paid 6million to score goals. He's playing on a top line to produce goals not play exclusively as a shutdown line...even so he's -6 in the the last 13 games. I wouldn't call that very good. He's a washed up bum 

Hey, the whole "He's paid 6 mill/year and this is what we get?!?"  train has passed by three years ago.  

Here are the 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.  

I'm already past the anger part, and I'm only judging Loui compared to the next best guy on our team for that role.  I'm hopeful that Jasek can graduate next year and take his spot, but right now Louie's the best we got on our roster for neutralizing the opposition.  Zack's defensive game needs a lot of work, but I like him as a physical presence. 

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

I agree. But I think Brock is dealing with something. He just not the same, his shot just isn’t at 100% this season imo

I agree, something was up with him and I am pretty sure he was playing injured.

21 minutes ago, danaimo said:

Someone please refresh my memory.  Who did the Canucks draft with the pick from CBJ for compensation after they signed Torts as their coach??

I believe it was Gadjovich. He’s solid but hasn’t been anything special for us tbh

• Thanks 1