The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Justin Bailey

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

doesnt do any good to call them up and not play them. Put Eriksson in the press box

Teams can only invoke emergency conditions if they are at risk of not having a complete lineup.  Eriksson can't sit if he's healthy and MacEwen has priority over Bailey.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Edler took a rough knee that could have been serious but they surely would have called up a defenceman, I think this must have been the shot block that stung Beagle which could be a big blow to this team. Bailey is a bottom-6 forward. I hope Mack gets some 4th line minutes if Beagle is out to be honest.

Got to feel for guys like Baertschi, Goldobin and especially Boucher who have worked their arses off in Utica to be ignored time and time again. I know, we need gritty guys to replace bottom-6 forwards, but when Eriksson and Roussel are just skating around doing very little, it'd be nice to see what Utica's top line players can do. I always thought Boucher and Baertschi deserved another chance. Boucher and Goldobin were rough defensively at times but Baertschi had that side of his game polished and deserves some ice-time with an NHL team.

• Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I thought we can have an unlimited number of players after the TDL?

I believe you are correct but there are some limitations associated with this. Firstly, you still need to operate within the salary cap and, secondly, you are only allowed 4 call-ups after the trade deadline. You could sign NCAA players at the end of the season and have as many as you like on the roster as long as you meet cap restrictions and stay within the 50 contract limitations.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I believe you are correct but there are some limitations associated with this. Firstly, you still need to operate within the salary cap and, secondly, you are only allowed 4 call-ups after the trade deadline. You could sign NCAA players at the end of the season and have as many as you like on the roster as long as you meet cap restrictions and stay within the 50 contract limitations.

Ah yes. Thanks Rick. I seem to recall that now.

• Cheers 1