The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

A dejected Miller is not a good one. Road trip hasn't been good for the confidence of this group.

Every road trip we go on this season has been momentum/confidence killers, especially Eastern road swing. On the bright side, we don't have any Eastern road trips anymore after this.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I don’t think Gallant was underachieving, I think he was overachieving before and the high bar caught up to him, if that’s the reason he got fired I wouldn’t mind him as coach but for some reason I think there was something more so I reserve judgement at this time.

Nope. And he was similarly fired in Florida to for *gasp* underachieving. 

1 minute ago, mikkim said:

If I can survive the '70's and early '80's I can survive this, I'll be there till the end, they just better win a cup before then or I'll come back and haunt them!

at least then we had Harold chants to keep us going lol

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

We haven’t even made the playoffs and he’s talking about the playoffs? Guy is out to lunch. 

They aren't even playing playoff hockey. I mean the actual way they are playing. He really is out to lunch. Supposedly he won't let Jeff Paterson talk to him. I like Paterson because he asks the tough questions. Jeff Paterson just mentioned he won't talk to him. That is pathetic. How old are you?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You mean you dont like the passive box?

One thing I don't like is how FAST the team skates backwards and collapses into their boxed positions and stop and wait, on the PK when facing a PP entering the zone. I guess this is Newel's idea  At least attempt to disrupt and steal the puck back and pressure the puck carrier, even if it is a bit more of a risk,  Wait until the other team sets up until you collapse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Actually Vegas had a winning record and now has a no lose record 

Gallant is a great coach unlike our incompetent fool of a coach 

you know very well i pushed hard for us to replace Green with DeBoer .... apparently Vegas took my advice instead 

But Gallant was your first choice. And he was fired for your 3rd or 5th choice in DeBoer. 

We are 5 points up on 23rd place Montreal Canadiens. If we sh*t the bed I hope we REALLY sh*t the bed. This is a pretty good draft. Lol. Sad thing is all the things I complained about in November and December are being put on full display now. I said this team wasn't playing winning hockey with the way they were playing in December and I been saying all year Marky is the runaway team MVP. Got lots of pushback and confused face emojis on both points. And here we are, playing the same level of hockey we were back in December. Except now we don't have Marky to steal us games.

Defensive zone structure is a joke 5 on 5 and on the PK, the lines are beyond stupid. At least with Willie D he had the excuse of only having the Sedins and a rookie Horvat on his roster. People give him crap but he wishes he had a roster half as decent as the one Green has this season. I am beyond defending Loui's place on this team, Sutter and Roussel need to be made examples of by sitting in the press box. I'd take Baer with his questionable health over both of them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Miller having career year.

Hughes having historic year.

Horvat, Pettersson, Edler, Tanev.. all are having the type of season you'd expect.

Who is he not utilizing well?

The scrubs are playing like scrubs.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! The scrubs are being dependent on way too much by green. (they are veterans! They can close out a game, etc). The players you mentioned would of had those seasons no matter who they were coached by.  Hughes is just so skilled and talented that giving green credit for his achievement is kinda undermining Hughes. Miller is having a career year is because he is finally getting the top minutes he deserves. It's not his fault he was playing in the shadow of superstars for years. 

Just now, ruilin96 said:

Every road trip we go on this season has been momentum/confidence killers, especially Eastern road swing. On the bright side, we don't have any Eastern road trips anymore after this.

We have a home-stand and win some games, building confidence than the road trip seems to throw it away. It's not a good trend.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

It’s my opinion and that what a forum is for 

Then you can't cry victim when your crap gets called. Especially when you call other fans morons for not having as much junior b hockey experience as you. 

Lost 3 in a row, team of ahl players beat us in Ottawa , no name d men beat us in Toronto And now we choke in Columbus 

Look at how w much our roster has improved yet the team is a tire fire 

yet the Green gang just keeps following him... right off the cliff 

• Upvote 1