The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ohh man. Went to store up by 2 goals.Came back tied back. CBJ scored to take lead as I walked in the door..

This is a worrisome situation.

They had problems closing the third for a while. Got better before Marky got injured. Now they are back again. 

A couple nights to regroup before next home game. 

Got some games in hand on Flames. 

This ain't over at all.  

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I think the important consideration there is the difference in deployment between the two. JV has only 1 goal less than Pearson but most of his season has been spent on the 3rd line whereas all of Peason's season has been spent on the 2nd line.

Pearson has good chemistry with Bo and more assists. 

• Like 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

We have a home-stand and win some games, building confidence than the road trip seems to throw it away. It's not a good trend.

So why are they so bad on the road. Is that coaching? They aren't fixing anything after every loss. They say we have to look at the video but then they come out and do the same thing.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:18 PM, canuck2288 said:

It’s my opinion and that what a forum is for 

Unfortunately, little buddy, repetitive opinions that are harnessed by the obnoxious powers of puerility will be called out, too. That is what a forum is for.

Edited by DawnDucky

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

But Gallant was your first choice. And he was fired for your 3rd or 5th choice in DeBoer. 

I wanted gallant over Green as he was bailable and DeBoer was coaching in SAN Jose

when DeBoer was available I was 100 percent pushing for DeBoer and you know it 

15 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

We haven’t even made the playoffs and he’s talking about the playoffs? Guy is out to lunch. 

It's okay to talk about the playoffs .... that's the goal. They are either going to be good enough to do it or they won't. Nothing for any fan to lose sleep over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We have a home-stand and win some games, building confidence than the road trip seems to throw it away. It's not a good trend.

But it is getting harder and harder to win, it is not impossible but it is an uphill climb from here on without Markstrom. I can see Demko rebound well for the next home stand, we will see where we are headed.

2 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about! The scrubs are being dependent on way too much by green. (they are veterans! They can close out a game, etc). The players you mentioned would of had those seasons no matter who they were coached by.  Hughes is just so skilled and talented that giving green credit for his achievement is kinda undermining Hughes. Miller is having a career year is because he is finally getting the top minutes he deserves. It's not his fault he was playing in the shadow of superstars for years. 

What are you talking about?  Go look at their time on ice.  This isn't NHL20, you can't just play your 1st line the whole 3rd period.

Just now, Jack Fig said:

It's okay to talk about the playoffs .... that's the goal. They are either going to be good enough to do it or they won't. Nothing for any fan to lose sleep over. 

I’m not too fond of how nonchalant Green is.