Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Apparently you are not allowed to bad mouth green on here 

but attacking people that badmouth Green is allowed 

that is a fact 

What gets me, all the bad mouthing about our players but bring up Green and the sh!t flies, is CDC just Greens extended family? Too much kook aid? What the heck is going on here.

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We are 5 points up on 23rd place Montreal Canadiens. If we sh*t the bed I hope we REALLY sh*t the bed. This is a pretty good draft. Lol. Sad thing is all the things I complained about in November and December are being put on full display now. I said this team wasn't playing winning hockey with the way they were playing in December and I been saying all year Marky is the runaway team MVP. Got lots of pushback and confused face emojis on both points. And here we are, playing the same level of hockey we were back in December. Except now we don't have Marky to steal us games.

Defensive zone structure is a joke 5 on 5 and on the PK, the lines are beyond stupid. At least with Willie D he had the excuse of only having the Sedins and a rookie Horvat on his roster. People give him crap but he wishes he had a roster half as decent as the one Green has this season. I am beyond defending Loui's place on this team, Sutter and Roussel need to be made examples of by sitting in the press box. I'd take Baer with his questionable health over both of them.

Agreed. At this point you might aswell give him a shot if they can. Unless they are going to put Virtanen in the top 6, its a better option than Eriksson, Roussel & Motte.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Just now, Jack Fig said:

It's okay to talk about the playoffs .... that's the goal. They are either going to be good enough to do it or they won't. Nothing for any fan to lose sleep over. 

They can still make the playoffs, they only have to win about more 10 games or so.

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I think the important consideration there is the difference in deployment between the two. JV has only 1 goal less than Pearson but most of his season has been spent on the 3rd line whereas all of Peason's season has been spent on the 2nd line.

Pearson's also been used more defensively and in match up roles though. Plays in all situations. In terms of physicality their play is both pretty even. Pearson to me plays better below the hashmarks and in front of the net. Virtanen should be more physical than he is. He is faster and bigger than Pearson. Motte has more hits than him and is half his size.

Overall Pearson's been the better player but Virtanen is still rounding out his game.

Virtanen has only been a secondary scorer on this team this year,  same with Gaudette.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They had problems closing the third for a while. Got better before Marky got injured. Now they are back again. 

A couple nights to regroup before next home game. 

Got some games in hand on Flames. 

This ain't over at all.  

I know it may seem like we blow leads all the time, but the truth is when leading after 2 periods, the Canucks have only lost 3 times including today. The reason why we think we blow leads all the time is when we blow them, we blow them in style.

• Like 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I wanted gallant over Green as he was bailable and DeBoer was coaching in SAN Jose

when DeBoer was available I was 100 percent pushing for DeBoer and you know it 

I mean I'd take hime over Green. Gallant's teams work hard and play a good possession game....which is what we need.

Just now, NeilColville said:

I sure as F hope not 

Well in this case I hope it was, cause if it wasn't and he benched his most valuable player, then clearly he's lost it. Ive defended him a lot, but Green's line making and his overall play to the perimeter approach is making it real hard.

• Cheers 1

There should be no reason for such bad defense collapses. Did you guys hear that the canucks organization confirmed Green would not talk to Jeff Paterson? That is soo soo sad. They are trying to control who he talks to. So they don't like that Paterson asks questions. I am dumbfounded. That is the leader of our team. He only wants to talk to some of the media. What a baby?

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

A dejected Miller is not a good one. Road trip hasn't been good for the confidence of this group.

The teams Miller has been on has never missed the playoffs since he entered the league.  In his rookie year, he didn't get in any action in the postseason but the Rags did make the playoffs that year (he just didn't get in the lineup).  He doesn't know what it means to start golfing early. 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What gets me, all the bad mouthing about our players but bring up Green and the sh!t flies, is CDC just Greens extended family? Too much kook aid? What the heck is going on here.

Totally agree 

they baby him for some unknown reason. He has zero nhl experience and has accomplished zip 

just because he came up from Utica I guess 

hockey is a results game and now we are headed for 3 years and no playoffs with a good roster with the exception of Sutter , Loui and Roussel but a good coach would dip into out Utica pool to replace those deadbeats 

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

When you post Fire Green every game day thread and whine about him ad nauseam people are going to grow tired of it and call you out. Especially when your argument against him is as solid as swiss cheese.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1