The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

There should be no reason for such bad defense collapses. Did you guys hear that the canucks organization confirmed Green would not talk to Jeff Paterson? That is soo soo sad. They are trying to control who he talks to. So they don't like that Paterson asks questions. I am dumbfounded. That is the leader of our team. He only wants to talk to some of the media. What a baby?

Where did it say with a link he cannot talk to Paterson. 

Just now, on the cycle said:

lol Green won't even let J Pat ask him questions. What a coward Green is can't face criticism, get him out everyone in this organization has to be able to handle criticism in a professional manner.

JPat is a goof. I hate him. 

45 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Will our incompetent coach Green hold anyone accountable?

they will all play Wednesday 

he will rationalize this losing his arrogant style 

nothing to see here 

Green does not have the reputation and winning resume for him to hold any of his players accountable, except for shot gun Jake. 

He always thinks his team is young and use "learning" as an excuse when the team loses.  If we fail to make the playoffs this year, he needs to go for sure.  We need a real coach with winning resume and reputation so our players will believe it themselves that they can win.  Our players are being led by a coach who does not know what it takes to win himself....

Edited by Dogcrazy
  • Thanks 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

When you post Fire Green every game day thread and whine about him ad nauseam people are going to grow tired of it and call you out. Especially when your arguement against him is as solid as swiss cheese.

Well, Greens filling in the holes quite nicely and soon we’ll have a slice of Gouda.

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

But it is getting harder and harder to win, it is not impossible but it is an uphill climb from here on without Markstrom. I can see Demko rebound well for the next home stand, we will see where we are headed.

For sure. This is the home stretch of the season. Teams that are competing are stepping up.

We can't really afford to continue this trend.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

When you post Fire Green every game day thread and whine about him ad nauseam people are going to grow tired of it and call you out. Especially when your argument against him is as solid as swiss cheese.

Hey, what's wrong with swiss cheese! :mad:

• Haha 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Totally agree 

they baby him for some unknown reason. He has zero nhl experience and has accomplished zip 

just because he came up from Utica I guess 

hockey is a results game and now we are headed for 3 years and no playoffs with a good roster with the exception of Sutter , Loui and Roussel but a good coach would dip into out Utica pool to replace those deadbeats 

Some of us are smart enough to know he gets the full year with his team and will be evaluated AFTER the FULL SEASON and calling for his head ad nauseam solves and adds nothing... 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Actually our record with leads Overall this year has been good. But do carry on.., 

Oh like ummm the washington game ? Should I list them all for you 

you conveniently forgot them all ? 

You are valiant in Your efforts but Green is going to be canned 

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Actually Vegas had a winning record and now has a no lose record 

Gallant is a great coach unlike our incompetent fool of a coach 

you know very well i pushed hard for us to replace Green with DeBoer .... apparently Vegas took my advice instead 

Did you not get enough praise as a child? Every day you post how great your hockey mind is like you need acknowledgement. We get it, you want Green fired but calling him an 'incompetent fool' is a little rich considering that fool has a resume that dwarfs yours.

Fans aren't privy to all of the information. On the surface, yeah Gallant seems like a good coach but it is also fishy that he has been fired from 2 teams with winning records and 1 a year after going to the SCF.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Totally agree 

they baby him for some unknown reason. He has zero nhl experience and has accomplished zip 

just because he came up from Utica I guess 

hockey is a results game and now we are headed for 3 years and no playoffs with a good roster with the exception of Sutter , Loui and Roussel but a good coach would dip into out Utica pool to replace those deadbeats 

This roster has not been good for 3 years. We still have one of the worst blue lines in the league and it's vastly improved even over last year only because of Quinn. I'm not really a big fan of Green but let's keep it in the realm of reality.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jack Fig said:

In the end, the players are the ones who get it done. There are probably a dozen or fewer coaches who are difference-makers behind the bench, IMO. 

And even those coaches still need an elite team. 

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

What are you talking about?  Go look at their time on ice.  This isn't NHL20, you can't just play your 1st line the whole 3rd period.

Yes, thanks, because I compare real hockey to NHL20! Give your head a shake. You need to manage a game better! Change up the lines. Use the press box for those so called scrubs. Let the young guys learn from their mistakes and not bench them because they made a mistake. Green constantly gets out coached by veteran coaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Dogcrazy said:

Green does not have the reputation and winning resume for him to hold any of his players accountable, except for shot gun Jake. 

He always think his team is young and use "learning" as an excuse when the team loses.  If we fail to make the playoffs this year, he needs to go for sure.  We need a real coach with winning resume and reputation so our players will believe it themselves that they can win.  Our players are being lead by a coach who does not know what it takes to win himself....

Exactly I could not agree more 

that’s what drives me nuts about him 

he is the king of coddle excuses