The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

It's a mix of laziness and mental lapses from the leaders of the team.

They treat it like a sunday morning skate when every game should be do or die, regardless who the opponent is.

How pathetic.

Blame goes to sutter and Roussel for playing dumb the last 6 minutes of the game. If they hadnt taken needless penalties we could have had 2 points or at least 1 point at a minimum.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

At this point, are we just praying that Winnipeg, Arizona and Minni keep losing even if that means, oilers and flames and vegas wins? 

Do i give up pacific division seeding in hopes for just making the playoffs? 

At this rate, making the playoffs would be a miracle for this team without Markstrom in net. I bet JB will just give an empty cheque to Markstrom at this point to write whatever number he wants.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Green was here to develop our young players.  EP, Hughes, Boeser, Virtanen, Marky, Gaud, Horvat all seem to have done quite well in that regard.  He might not be the guy for the team to take the next step, but he did what he was hired to do pretty damn well.

Are they doing well because of Green... or because they are very talented?

I think it is the latter... Green is not coaching in a style which takes advantage of his really skilled player's strong points... he is coaching a very simple game... one for players who don't play with a lot of imagination or flair.

And look at Pettersson this year...  in fact although you probably would expect him to put up a lot more points... he is actually worse this year than last in Points Per Game.  He is showing less creativity in my opinion... his style is becoming too predictable because Green is limiting his offensive options.

Boeser as well was doing worse this year than last... instead of continuing to develop he was scoring much less and putting up less points per game.  Again, Greens offensive coaching was limiting his ability to be creative.

Green is coaching for the lowest common denominator... he loves his plugs and he wants everyone to play the same style as the 4th line.  That will get you some goals and win some games... but it doesn't take advantage of what the really skilled members of the team can offer if you design a system which allows them to be creative.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

Wow almost 50 pages ... got up this morning and am impressed "irregardless " of that epic fail.

Since we can use slang , colloquially  TG is a sum-b!tch for playing half-arsed LE, Sutter and Roussel were why we had such a craptastic loss.   

Team better buck up bigtime. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

I'm as devastated as anyone, but for all those who revelled in the fans chanting "we want 10" when I suggested humility and class, this unfortunately is karma. 

That is delusional...your CDC posts don't determine wins or losses.   Only Vintage and a few others have that much power and influence..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Nobody better criticize the team or @canuck73_3 will call you a whiner.

Nope that poster usually posts about 75 confused faces..... each day on any posts that are in any way critical of coach green or JB.

I reallly think @canuck73_3  probably works for the canucks.. I could envision him as parking cars out in the  lot ....

• Cheers 1

It’s time to fire Green before the season ends. This team has not ability to play defence. They need a new coach before it’s too late, which it probably already is.

Rousell has to be benched for next few. He is one of the worst Canucks out there. Terrible penalties, dried up offence and no sand paper left in him. 

We have two 6M defenders that do not look like 6M defenders:

Edler looks like a slug. 
Myers is like a pylon with no agility.

Our goalie situation is awful. Demko is not an NHL starter and isn’t even close to becoming one. This new guy is ok, slightly better then Demko but not starter material either. We are screwed in this position right now.

I have to say, it looks very probable that the Canucks do not make the playoffs. I just don’t see it anymore. Such a shame. All this excitement and promise just down the toilet :sadno:

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To put things into prospective.....the blueline has largely been healthy.  Edler has missed SOME games but 4 of the top 6 have been in over 60 NHL games this season (grand total of just ONE game out of the lineup COMBINED).  That almost never happens for us.  

When I talk about weakness it is the skill level not health. We 

I'm really not sure what to think anymore. 

- TJ Miller, Bo, Virtanen, EP40, Toffoli, they are all fine. 

- Gaudette looks like the wear and tear of the season has worn him down a bit. 

-MacE is a jolt of energy, and is physical without being a liability. Same with Motte. 

- Hughes is amazing, but I think he's getting caught out of position. 

This is bigger than a coaching issue. This team can't lock it down. I'm not sure because we've adapted a run and gun style. 

But the team is getting burned. The team can't play team defence. They can for maybe a period or two but it breaks down. 

The team needs more mobility in the back end. You don't want the team turning into Toronto hoping the goalie will stand on his head. 

That's really all I've got. Unless it's a simple matter of the team is out of gas at the end of February?

5 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

At this rate, making the playoffs would be a miracle for this team without Markstrom in net. I bet JB will just give an empty cheque to Markstrom at this point to write whatever number he wants.

Well due to our cap situation, there's no way Markstrom will be given a blank cheque unless Loui's contract somehow disappears.