The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, J-23 said:

Yes you are right Green and JB should send Loui to the minors now.

Not with this team. Didn't you notice that the 4th Line with Sutter and Loui wasn't forced to dzone only as the 4th Line usually is?

Virtanen needs a lot of games with Horvat to know where to be. He can be att the top Line due to Peteys adapting skills. 

MacEwan shouldn't have fought because it was exactly what Columbus wanted.

Bailey is more interesting due to His Speed. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

6 hours ago, EmilyM said:

So does our GM.

Jim Benning is all-in this year.

You don't trade picks 1, 2, and 3 in the same draft year when you're rebuilding.

You don't make deadline deals for Toffoli when you're rebuilding.

This is Jim Benning "going for it" with the assets he had available.

So when this is the message the organization sends to its fans and we see performances like this, you bet we are going to be upset.

We still have our 3rd round pick.

I was pretty upset;I went downstairs came back up score was suddenly 3-3. I could smell the panic in the air. I think partly it is the coach failing to recognize the panic. TG cannot use the same system all the time especially if your goalie is not Markstrom in net. They gave the blue jackets all sorts of time to setup the point shot with good looks. It was a matter of time. They should have pressured the point man more or at least block the shot. Instead they collapsed into a box structure and allowed all sorts of time and panicked. All said and done , the team's confidence is not there. The older veterans are a big let down.This stretch of the race is for all the marbles, they have to show up when they are most needed.  One of the most fustrating loss this season.

The fact that Green is no longer answering any questions from Paterson reflects what kind of a coach he is.

A true leader/coach does not waiver when the going gets tough. Imagine what his players are thinking when they hear that their coach can't face a little criticism. Green is in over his head at the NHL level and his stubbornness and ego has literally cost us points and a chance at the playoffs.

Edited by Seinfeld

1 minute ago, Seinfeld said:

The fact that Green is no longer answering any questions from Paterson reflects what kind of a coach he is.

A true leader/coach does not waiver when the going gets tough. Imagine what his players are thinking when they hear that their coach can't face a little criticism. Green is in over his head at the NHL level and his stubbornness and ego has literally cost us points and a chance at the playoffs.

IF this is true it's a disaster. A chicken GM and a chicken head coach. 

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well Golden Knights got clobbered by LA.

LA.

Let that sink in. 

Knights have already done a coaching change. 

Poor performances only affect the Canucks. Vegas will bounce back, the Canucks cannot. Welcome to CDC.

5 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I think Green still has a player mentality. The greatest coaches never really played a lot of hockey a la Scotty Bowman. 

Last year's Stanley Cup winning coach played 1000+ games in the NHL.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

IF this is true it's a disaster. A chicken GM and a chicken head coach. 

Paterson mentioned it on the TSN1040 post-game show last night. 

Yup. Both the GM and Coach need to be fired. 

Chronically losers with Benning and Green steering whatever mess this is.  

This franchise used to be a top-class hockey organization, but is now a league-wide laughing stock. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

6 hours ago, dougieL said:

I'm as devastated as anyone, but for all those who revelled in the fans chanting "we want 10" when I suggested humility and class, this unfortunately is karma. 

Were you even a fan during the 2011 cup finals? 

The Canucks have a green light to do whatever they want to the Bruins and I will applaud them for it. Only the Bruins though. I despise them more than even the Flames or Oilers and I HATE the Flames. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Last year's Stanley Cup winning coach played 1000+ games in the NHL.

Greens coddles his guys way to much. Can’t be afraid to criticize the team. Just because you played in the NHL it doesn’t make you a good coach 

5 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

This franchise used to be a top-class hockey organization, but is now a league-wide laughing stock

Nope, were getting a lot of praise from around the league. 

Our young core is really turning heads and having people pay attention. QH for example just got rookie of the month. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Paterson mentioned it on the TSN1040 post-game show last night. 

Yup. Both the GM and Coach need to be fired. 

Chronically losers with Benning and Green steering whatever mess this is.  

This franchise used to be a top-class hockey organization, but is now a league-wide laughing stock. 

Lol im a huge fan but without tunnel vision, ask yourself when were we ever a top class hockey organization? 

• Cheers 2