The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

50 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It doesn't necessarily make you a bad coach either as demonstrated. There's no proven science behind it. Maybe Green isn't the right guy or maybe he and the team are simply going through a rough patch and will bounce back like they've shown they could.

I like the optimism 

3 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Can someone fill me in on the Paterson/Green situation. I'm guessing there is some friction there?

The best part of it is everyone complained about Paterson being a negative moron and now that Green refused to talk to him Green is a terrible leader now and somehow Paterson is the good guy again :lol:

Whatever suits the Green hater narrative. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Seinfeld said:

Paterson mentioned it on the TSN1040 post-game show last night. 

Yup. Both the GM and Coach need to be fired. 

Chronically losers with Benning and Green steering whatever mess this is.  

This franchise used to be a top-class hockey organization, but is now a league-wide laughing stock. 

have you ever listened to Paterson's questions? I would bother answering him either. in fact our media ask the most dumbest questions especially to the players. because we are a young team just coming out of a rebuild and we lost a few games , you are in panic mode. Vegas lost to LA last night,  this team is better than last year and has shown us some exciting games, but if you have no faith in the team and Benning and Green  maybe its time to stop watching.   Benning has built a great team. no team is perfect,  they all have their ups and downs, yes even down the stretch. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I thought it was laughable midway through the game when Green put Sutter on the topline instead of Pettersson for the faceoff in their own zone. 

You thought it was laughable to put the better face off center into the face off in their own zone?

Interesting; strange, but interesting.

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The best part of it is everyone complained about Paterson being a negative moron and now that Green refused to talk to him Green is a terrible leader now and somehow Paterson is the good guy again :lol:

Whatever suits the Green hater narrative. 

Green has refused to talk to Jeff ? That's a pretty extreme measure. My guess is there was a serious offense or something has been brewing for some time. Plus probably also some frustration over the loss(es) on Green's behalf.

4 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Green has refused to talk to Jeff ? That's a pretty extreme measure. My guess is there was a serious offense or something has been brewing for some time. Plus probably also some frustration over the loss(es) on Green's behalf.

That and J Pat and 1040 are still butthurt over losing the Canucks due to their own incompetence. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Have you ever seen me confused?::D

Please, enlighten me when I was...

Every single post I've seen from you.

We get it you're Swedish, now post something logical.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Mac was thinking about himself ( trying to solidfy a spot ). versus thinking what was best for the club......

That's because the coach never gives him opportunities so he's trying to show his value. 

• Cheers 1

Well .... that was a bad loss.

Frustrating as hell.  Marky can't come back soon enough.  PK needs to make a stop (and it starts with goaltending).  Domingue was good for 52 minutes.  That Werenski goal was a goal he NEEDS to stop!  Unscreened shot from the point goes through the 5-hole.  Unacceptable.  There's a stat where if you let in a bad goal and the other team doesn't, you lose 86% of the games.  

We need Demko to start playing like he has been previous to this last road trip.  Stop letting in the early goals.  This reminds me of a couple of years ago when Markstrom and Nilsson were letting in the early stinkers.

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Green didn't send Sutter out there with 5 minutes left in the 3-2 game to take a blatant tripping penalty right in front of the ref,

Green didn't send Rousell out there with 90 seconds remaining in a 3-3 tie to take a lazy, stupid slashing penalty by slashing not only once which the ref ignored but a second slash which gave the ref no other option but to call it.

This wasn't a coaching problem, these are stupid unnecessary plays made by seasoned veterans that should know better

Chosen game in and game out by the coach when other players are playing their asses off for their spots. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

That's because the coach never gives him opportunities so he's trying to show his value. 

Play the right way is what the coach wants.  You doing things for yourself, it will get you in the press box faster.  It's a young player making a mistake.  I'm sure the coaching staff will tell him.  Learn from it and move on.  Just like the rest of the team.  Most of these guys haven't been in a race for the playoffs and it's showing.  They need these experiences to get better.  It goes for the coaching staff too.  Green is a coach that will get better with experience.     

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Since you're struggling with this along with @kingofsurrey I will elaborate. 

Criticism is perfectly fine. Many posters have criticized Green with VALID concerns and not been called a whiner by me or others. 

When you act like you know the game better than anyone here and call an NHL coach an incompetent moron night in night out regardless of what is actually happening on the ice. You have entered whining territory. 

It shouldn't have be spelled out for you but alas here we are. The posters who get the confused face reactions are because they continuously enter the latter category and repeat the same refuted whining night in night out. Or they're @Timråfan who still thinks Loui Eriksson is a top 6 forward despite 4 years of evidence to the contrary.., 

Says the poster  that continually said Guddy was top 4. d man.  Too funny.  Hi pot,  meet kettle.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Play the right way is what the coach wants.  You doing things for yourself, it will get you in the press box faster.  It's a young player making a mistake.  I'm sure the coaching staff will tell him.  Learn from it and move on.  Just like the rest of the team.  Most of these guys haven't been in a race for the playoffs and it's showing.  They need these experiences to get better.  It goes for the coaching staff too.  Green is a coach that will get better with experience.     

I absolutely agree with you but you see it time and time again (probably 75% of the time) when a rookie comes up and they don't get ice time, they don't play the way they do in junior or the AHL because they try to compact their game into 5-10 minutes instead of 15-20 and especially when you're not getting any games that's likely to compound. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Since you're struggling with this along with @kingofsurrey I will elaborate. 

Criticism is perfectly fine. Many posters have criticized Green with VALID concerns and not been called a whiner by me or others. 

When you act like you know the game better than anyone here and call an NHL coach an incompetent moron night in night out regardless of what is actually happening on the ice. You have entered whining territory. 

It shouldn't have be spelled out for you but alas here we are. The posters who get the confused face reactions are because they continuously enter the latter category and repeat the same refuted whining night in night out. Or they're @Timråfan who still thinks Loui Eriksson is a top 6 forward despite 4 years of evidence to the contrary.., 

Green allows veteran leaders to play soft.  There is no accountability for those players.  Please provide evidence that Sutter is made accountable for soft play.  

• Upvote 1