The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Torts still took questions from Brooks.  Green is kind of hiding.  It doesn’t be look good.  Makes him look like he’s avoiding the difficult play.  Wrong message for a leader to send to his men.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Torts still took questions from Brooks.  Green is kind of hiding.  It doesn’t be look good.  Makes him look like he’s avoiding the difficult play.  Wrong message for a leader to send to his men.  

actually torts kicked him out of the room. I have listened to Paterson go on and on and ask the same questions, I laugh listening to our media.  they look for any little thing the Canucks do wrong and they jump.  kind of like some Canuck fans on here!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

actually torts kicked him out of the room. I have listened to Paterson go on and on and ask the same questions, I laugh listening to our media.  they look for any little thing the Canucks do wrong and they jump.  kind of like some Canuck fans on here!

Confronting a guy and booting him out is far different from avoiding.  Green is taking the cowardly way.  Our top players have teams running at them every game.  Do we want our guys following Green’s lead and avoiding the conflict?  Or do we want them to take it head on?

• Wat 1

14 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

How is foundational Sutter doing... I am still laughing at your inability to discuss all players on our roster...

Brandon Sutter

GP           G           A               Pts          +/-           PIMs         PPG      PPP       SHG     SHP        GWG     OTG         Shots             Shot% 

2019-2020

40 8 9 17 4 25 1 3 0 0 0 0 72 11.1

Not too bad if you ask me.  +4 Being a 3/4th liner with 17 points.  Over 34 points if he played a full season.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Confronting a guy and booting him out is far different from avoiding.  Green is taking the cowardly way.  Our top players have teams running at them every game.  Do we want our guys following Green’s lead and avoiding the conflict?  Or do we want them to take it head on?

When you put it that way... 

I’ve had enough of the Naslund and Sedin approach towards confrontation. 

No matter how bad these losers are lately, they are no where near as humiliating as some from that past era. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Did you tell this to him in person given the opportunity?

At the time of the ice and dice (February 14th Sutters birthday) it was not the ideal time to tell the birthday boy what my underlying feelings were and my feelings weren’t as strong then as they are now. At the time the team just finished the Sedin retirement night so we weren’t exactly in a tailspin. A few weeks later we have 2 wins in 7 games so the mood has definitely changed from where it was on that fun Friday night. I talked to him about his family hockey history and I recalled his Uncle Brian and how gritty he was back in the day. But sure there are always things you want to say to players but it is best to take the high road and not make the situation awkward or uncomfortable.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

You thought it was laughable to put the better face off center into the face off in their own zone?

Interesting; strange, but interesting.

Pettersson has to learn. He sheltered the young players all night and look what happened, we still lost. This is not a contending team its a team where young players need to grow and learn in order to succeed. You can't do that on the bench.  Starting Domingue was a stupid call too. Domigue has been garbage his entire career. Why are you giving him a game? He just choked it away.

Edited by peaches5
  • Wat 1

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

How is foundational Sutter doing... I am still laughing at your inability to discuss all players on our roster...

Coming from someone who only shows up to criticize trades and after loses that is hilarious at best. 

Sutter has a good face off percentage and is a solid PK and defensive forward. He had a bad game yesterday and the team has had a bad 3 game stretch. It's ok you got confused about what Benning meant calling him a foundational player 4 years ago. 

Just now, Viper007 said:

Brandon Sutter

GP           G           A               Pts          +/-           PIMs         PPG      PPP       SHG     SHP        GWG     OTG         Shots             Shot% 

2019-2020

40 8 9 17 4 25 1 3 0 0 0 0 72 11.1

Not too bad if you ask me.  +4 Being a 3/4th liner with 17 points.  Over 34 points if he played a full season.

Good player, for another team. 
Meanwhile, he’s been solid for this team. 
Not great, not much of a leader even, but he’s put up stats. 
As much as I wanted to see him traded, I’m not going to bash his performance or his being a cripple or IR magnet. 
That’s on JB, same with Firkland, Tavev, etc. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Torts kicked Brooks out numerous times some even caught on camera alf 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

As much as I wanted to see him traded, I’m not going to bash his performance or his being a cripple or IR magnet. 

Only problem I have with him also is that he's always hurt.  I feel bad for him.

• Cheers 1

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Tanev has played all season. Crazy when a team improves so does a defensive dman’s health. 

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

When you put it that way... 

I’ve had enough of the Naslund and Sedin approach towards confrontation. 

No matter how bad these losers are lately, they are no where near as humiliating as some from that past era. 

Would Peter Forseberg be so passive as Green coaches our guys to be?  

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tanev has played all season. Crazy when a team improves so does a defensive dman’s health. 

Sure, puck possession can do that for that situation, but the choice to keep Salo 2.0 and all the others, is on JB. 

Why only single out Tanev?
Whatever, that’s your deal and doesn’t change the strategy or logic of building a team consisting of several IR mainstays, as has been the case with the Canucks for several seasons now.  

I/we were discussing Sutter. I’ve said mine and am done. 

You can draw that out all you like, I’m comfortable with my superior position. ;)

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Or it could be crazy what a contract year does for a player.

A contract year can't keep a guy healthy :lol:

Like him or not, Tyler Myers sheltering some of the load is the major reason why Tanev is healthy this year.

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Coming from someone who only shows up to criticize trades and after loses that is hilarious at best. 

Sutter has a good face off percentage and is a solid PK and defensive forward. He had a bad game yesterday and the team has had a bad 3 game stretch. It's ok you got confused about what Benning meant calling him a foundational player 4 years ago. 

Sutter trash.. your opinions are overstated and cringey at best. I saw you argue with someone over a word for like 3 hours yesterday.. go outside kook

• Haha 2