Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic


-Vintage Canuck-
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i don’t feel sorry for the fans, i feel sorry for the players. they worked hard and played green’s system for 2 1/2 periods but couldn’t hold it. 2 untimely penalties and the collapse of their usually good penalty kills. we had more hits than we normally do, good energy and some good snipes. they still gave the puck away far too often but they deserved a better fate. don’t give up boys, you can still squeak in. 

Can't bring myself to wade through this PGT, but I did stumble across a post that very simply and realistically encapsulates the game last night.  Up until the final 10 minutes of the game, our team played better than they have in a long while and everyone in the GDT were making very positive comments; even the 4th line were receiving the love.  If they had managed to eek out a win, the comments and incredible page count would look very different.

 

The last 10mins looked like a lot of games played by teams coming out of a rebuild.  Pretty much every rebuilding team in the past +8 years have struggled hard to climb into a playoff position and most haven't even come close to competing beyond the first round.

 

Most reasonable fans thought that the team would make the playoffs, but beyond that, very few thought they'd make it past the 1st round. If we had known that Boeser and Markstrom would be injured, I doubt the predictions would have been as positive.

 

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss for all of us and especially for the players, management and owners.

 

This team has had great success at home and they could very well string together some wins and can usually pick up points on SoCal road trips.  Confidence restored; Marky's return: they still have a good chance of getting into the playoffs.  That's all we really wanted, isn't it?

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, bree2 said:

reporter was the goof, always ask stupid questions.   ever seen the eye  Pettersson gives reporters?   our media has to be the worst in the nhl. remember Torts,  he wouldn't answer Brooks questions , same thing here

Torts has earned the right 

 

as for the question what was wrong with it ? Everybody wanted to know the answer 

 

Suck of the snowflake questions the old guard ask out of fear of reprisal , some journalism that is 

 

cowards 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I said I'm not going to comment on this team till the reg season is done- sticking to that BUT on the topic of reporters, has anyone noticed how much Ben Kuzma rambles?  When he finally gets to his question, he then keeps mumbling so much unnecessary stuff lol.  Drives me a bit nuts.  Keep it short and sweet!

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, helpsu2score said:

Can't bring myself to wade through this PGT, but I did stumble across a post that very simply and realistically encapsulates the game last night.  Up until the final 10 minutes of the game, our team played better than they have in a long while and everyone in the GDT were making very positive comments; even the 4th line were receiving the love.  If they had managed to eek out a win, the comments and incredible page count would look very different.

 

The last 10mins looked like a lot of games played by teams coming out of a rebuild.  Pretty much every rebuilding team in the past +8 years have struggled hard to climb into a playoff position and most haven't even come close to competing beyond the first round.

 

Most reasonable fans thought that the team would make the playoffs, but beyond that, very few thought they'd make it past the 1st round. If we had known that Boeser and Markstrom would be injured, I doubt the predictions would have been as positive.

 

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss for all of us and especially for the players, management and owners.

 

This team has had great success at home and they could very well string together some wins and can usually pick up points on SoCal road trips.  Confidence restored; Marky's return: they still have a good chance of getting into the playoffs.  That's all we really wanted, isn't it?

 

 

 

We are Canucks fans. We include injuries in our predictions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I said I'm not going to comment on this team till the reg season is done- sticking to that BUT on the topic of reporters, has anyone noticed how much Ben Kuzma rambles?  When he finally gets to his question, he then keeps mumbling so much unnecessary stuff lol.  Drives me a bit nuts.  Keep it short and sweet!

Come to the dark side you bird. You know you want to say we suck. Do it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, helpsu2score said:

Can't bring myself to wade through this PGT, but I did stumble across a post that very simply and realistically encapsulates the game last night.  Up until the final 10 minutes of the game, our team played better than they have in a long while and everyone in the GDT were making very positive comments; even the 4th line were receiving the love.  If they had managed to eek out a win, the comments and incredible page count would look very different.

 

The last 10mins looked like a lot of games played by teams coming out of a rebuild.  Pretty much every rebuilding team in the past +8 years have struggled hard to climb into a playoff position and most haven't even come close to competing beyond the first round.

 

Most reasonable fans thought that the team would make the playoffs, but beyond that, very few thought they'd make it past the 1st round. If we had known that Boeser and Markstrom would be injured, I doubt the predictions would have been as positive.

 

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss for all of us and especially for the players, management and owners.

 

This team has had great success at home and they could very well string together some wins and can usually pick up points on SoCal road trips.  Confidence restored; Marky's return: they still have a good chance of getting into the playoffs.  That's all we really wanted, isn't it?

 

 

 

Except for the part where two vets took lazy positional penalties and cost us the game.....

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Good player, for another team. 
Meanwhile, he’s been solid for this team. 
Not great, not much of a leader even, but he’s put up stats. 
As much as I wanted to see him traded, I’m not going to bash his performance or his being a cripple or IR magnet. 
That’s on JB, same with Firkland, Tavev, etc. 

so its Bennings fault Sutter has been injured a lot? Ferland was supposed to be recovered by many doctors , not Bennings fault, Tanev is Tanev he has played well for us

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, helpsu2score said:

Can't bring myself to wade through this PGT, but I did stumble across a post that very simply and realistically encapsulates the game last night.  Up until the final 10 minutes of the game, our team played better than they have in a long while and everyone in the GDT were making very positive comments; even the 4th line were receiving the love.  If they had managed to eek out a win, the comments and incredible page count would look very different.

 

The last 10mins looked like a lot of games played by teams coming out of a rebuild.  Pretty much every rebuilding team in the past +8 years have struggled hard to climb into a playoff position and most haven't even come close to competing beyond the first round.

 

Most reasonable fans thought that the team would make the playoffs, but beyond that, very few thought they'd make it past the 1st round. If we had known that Boeser and Markstrom would be injured, I doubt the predictions would have been as positive.

 

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss for all of us and especially for the players, management and owners.

 

This team has had great success at home and they could very well string together some wins and can usually pick up points on SoCal road trips.  Confidence restored; Marky's return: they still have a good chance of getting into the playoffs.  That's all we really wanted, isn't it?

 

 

 

Sanity.... A-Are you lost? 

 

This is not the place for such calmness. Not the PLACE! 

 

Only overreacting please... going forward, if we win 3, acknowledge the fact that we are Cup Contenders, easily one of the best teams in the league. 

Just remember though, if we lose 3, FIRE EVERYONE!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Torts has earned the right 

 

as for the question what was wrong with it ? Everybody wanted to know the answer 

 

Suck of the snowflake questions the old guard ask out of fear of reprisal , some journalism that is 

 

cowards 

So has Green, he's also played over 1000 NHL games. Something Torts never did. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Templeton Peck locked, unpinned, unfeatured and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...