The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, helpsu2score said:

Can't bring myself to wade through this PGT, but I did stumble across a post that very simply and realistically encapsulates the game last night.  Up until the final 10 minutes of the game, our team played better than they have in a long while and everyone in the GDT were making very positive comments; even the 4th line were receiving the love.  If they had managed to eek out a win, the comments and incredible page count would look very different.

The last 10mins looked like a lot of games played by teams coming out of a rebuild.  Pretty much every rebuilding team in the past +8 years have struggled hard to climb into a playoff position and most haven't even come close to competing beyond the first round.

Most reasonable fans thought that the team would make the playoffs, but beyond that, very few thought they'd make it past the 1st round. If we had known that Boeser and Markstrom would be injured, I doubt the predictions would have been as positive.

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss for all of us and especially for the players, management and owners.

This team has had great success at home and they could very well string together some wins and can usually pick up points on SoCal road trips.  Confidence restored; Marky's return: they still have a good chance of getting into the playoffs.  That's all we really wanted, isn't it?

Good post but way too boring.  If everyone reacted like that, the pgt would only be 1/2 page.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
28 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

@Dumb Nuck was arguing it the most but don’t let facts ruin a good story. 

We all had to follow the GDT thread; all had to witness that tedious little battle of the brains. 

Pretty sure I’m not the only poster who knows you’re full of crap here, Mr. Facts. :bigblush:

07D47268-76BC-4572-94BC-2AAB7553F755.gif.8446b3875ae3168f27b26e8de03ea41f.gif

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

We all had to follow the GDT thread; all had to witness that tedious little battle of the brains. 

Pretty sure I’m not the only poster who knows you’re full of crap here, Mr. Facts. :bigblush:

07D47268-76BC-4572-94BC-2AAB7553F755.gif.8446b3875ae3168f27b26e8de03ea41f.gif

You're better than this. 

4 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

Paterson mentioned it on the TSN1040 post-game show last night. 

Yup. Both the GM and Coach need to be fired. 

Chronically losers with Benning and Green steering whatever mess this is.  

This franchise used to be a top-class hockey organization, but is now a league-wide laughing stock. 

I don't think it's necessary to fire them because I believe they can learn to be a leader. But they need to recognize this problem within the organisation and solve it.

• Hydration 1
12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You're better than this. 

Well, I refrained from using the full lyrics version, as I wanted to get the B word in it, but thought you’d get a kick out of the gif just the same. 

You guys were the game-within-the-game. That dazzling bit of banter back and forth, it was educashunal, if not a welcome distraction. To deny yourself of your place in it all is to deny yourself of exposing not of what we think, but how we think. 

The level of petty one would have to acquire to fixate on the spelling of word in a hockey-related comment is truly a remarkable talent and contribution to any hockey-related discussion, especially after a loss like the Columbus one. The distraction it provided was a salvation for many despondent online fans. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You think Loui Eriksson is a top 6 forward...

Nope, I believe he's the best option for Horvat now when we are trying to get 3 scoring lines. He's maybe a top 9 player but I'm not sure even about top 9. 

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Nope, I believe he's the best option for Horvat now when we are trying to get 3 scoring lines. He's maybe a top 9 player but I'm not sure even about top 9. 

Bo is a top 6 forward so he is not the right winger for Bo since you are not even sure he’s a top 9 forward. 

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Well, I refrained from using the full lyrics version, as I wanted to get the B word in it, but thought you’d get a kick out of the gif just the same. 

You guys were the game-within-the-game. That dazzling bit of banter back and forth, it was educashunal, if not a welcome distraction. To deny yourself of your place in it all is to deny yourself of exposing not of what we think, but how we think. 

The level of petty one would have to acquire to fixate on the spelling of word in a hockey-related comment is truly a remarkable talent and contribution to any hockey-related discussion, especially after a loss like the Columbia one. The distraction it provided was a salvation for many despondent online fans. 

The dudes YouTube comments probably go crazy... some people are lonely, easier to get replies on CDC vs Tinder:wub: 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo is a top 6 forward so he is not the right winger for Bo since you are not even sure he’s a top 9 forward. 

I know why you Always are so confused but why give proof of it all the time... 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The level of petty one would have to acquire to fixate on the spelling of word in a hockey-related comment is truly a remarkable talent and contribution to any hockey-related discussion, especially after a loss like the Columbus one. The distraction it provided was a salvation for many despondent online fans. 

It was a very welcome distraction for me.

All I could muster were endless fail and poop gifs because I really didn't want to talk about it.

Irregardless is a more stupider word than the bolded sequence of letters in this sentence. Prove me wrong. Lol

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It was a very welcome distraction for me.

All I could muster were endless fail and poop gifs because I really didn't want to talk about it.

Irregardless is a more stupider word than the bolded sequence of letters in this sentence. Prove me wrong. Lol

Irregardlessly is my fav word 

• Haha 2
  • Templeton Peck locked, unpinned, unfeatured and unlocked this topic