Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

How tf did the St.Louis Blues win a cup b4 us.

I am sensing some retoraclism, but since you asked

traded for a 27 YO Bo Horvat

hit in 2 1st in a year Vancouver went all in and didn't draft until the 4th rnd ( 1 of those guys is a 225# scorer)#2+7 in scoring 

traded 2 firsts for Schenn (the other Schenn)

Paid large for Perron $4M(2018)

Drafted 6'03" Pietrangelo 6 picks before CoHo ( and 2 after Doughty who'se numbers are almost identical)

signed Bozak for large $5M (2018)

drafted Vince Dunn 3 picks after the pick Jim traded for Sven ( but never mind cuz 2 nd picks never work out anyway)

hit on #20 OA pick in 2017 (Petey's year)

traded Ryan Reeves for a 6'03" C that scores like Brandon Sutter but costs less than Rooster

brought home a 31 YO 236#er that scored 1 point less than Loui for only $1.75M

Drafted a 6'06"  230# D after we drafted Gaunce and Mallet

held on to Alex Steen for 10 years

traded for a 6'04" JayBo six years earlier and pay him 10% less than dEdly and TyMy

draft 6'04" 215# D, 17 picks after Nikky Jensen

trade ian Cole for 6'04" 216# stay home D

play #7 D 19 playoff games, (their lightest D @6'02" , 198#)

replaced their 28 YO, 2 rnd goalie with a 26YO 3rd rnd pick with 1 game experience

replace their head coach after 2.25 years with a coach with 2 years head and 13 years assistant /associate coach resume

Keep their GM/Pres/Head Hockey Opps guy since mid Gillis era

 

if you don't look at anything else, lookat the size of that D

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lmm said:

I am sensing some retoraclism, but since you asked

traded for a 27 YO Bo Horvat

hit in 2 1st in a year Vancouver went all in and didn't draft until the 4th rnd ( 1 of those guys is a 225# scorer)#2+7 in scoring 

traded 2 firsts for Schenn (the other Schenn)

Paid large for Perron $4M(2018)

Drafted 6'03" Pietrangelo 6 picks before CoHo ( and 2 after Doughty who'se numbers are almost identical)

signed Bozak for large $5M (2018)

drafted Vince Dunn 3 picks after the pick Jim traded for Sven ( but never mind cuz 2 nd picks never work out anyway)

hit on #20 OA pick in 2017 (Petey's year)

traded Ryan Reeves for a 6'03" C that scores like Brandon Sutter but costs less than Rooster

brought home a 31 YO 236#er that scored 1 point less than Loui for only $1.75M

Drafted a 6'06"  230# D after we drafted Gaunce and Mallet

held on to Alex Steen for 10 years

traded for a 6'04" JayBo six years earlier and pay him 10% less than dEdly and TyMy

draft 6'04" 215# D, 17 picks after Nikky Jensen

trade ian Cole for 6'04" 216# stay home D

play #7 D 19 playoff games, (their lightest D @6'02" , 198#)

replaced their 28 YO, 2 rnd goalie with a 26YO 3rd rnd pick with 1 game experience

replace their head coach after 2.25 years with a coach with 2 years head and 13 years assistant /associate coach resume

Keep their GM/Pres/Head Hockey Opps guy since mid Gillis era

 

if you don't look at anything else, lookat the size of that D

That’s what she said. 

That was quite the read. 
Well done, funny sir. 
Mic drop-ish. 

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

How can he be offended by that?

 

seriously, now if JPat had said Irregardless, THEN  Greenie would have been right to ban him

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bree2 said:

 we never used the Sedins on the penalty Kill:picard: our penalty kill has not been that bad this season, if you happened to watch and not just look at the highlights

Correction, we always used the Sedins in the penalty kill

 

how was the penalty kill last game? Not that great when Marky is not standing on his head back there is it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I was defending Roussel the other night but I'd agree that he should be on the 4th line. Problem is who do we have to replace him right now? 

 

On the plus side; Quinn Hughes plays for the Vancouver Canucks. Just incase anyone needed a positive Canucks thought to hold onto. ::D

Until he heads to the Leafs first chance he gets

 

 

  • Wat 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Correction, we always used the Sedins in the penalty kill

 

how was the penalty kill last game? Not that great when Marky is not standing on his head back there is it? 

go find out about how you say the Sedins were always on the penalty kill.  because they were not

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

I grew up during the WCE era so I have been pretty lucky I guess because we dominated the Northwest division. And then we had the Luongo/Sedin era. 

 

I guess it depends when you started watching so I get your point. 

Lol I've been a fan since early 90s (before the 94 cup run) Watched Bure in his rookie year. 

I guess we have different standards. Maybe I'm not as easily impressed or I'm just grouchy lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Correction, we always used the Sedins in the penalty kill

 

how was the penalty kill last game? Not that great when Marky is not standing on his head back there is it? 

 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Until he heads to the Leafs first chance he gets

 

 

 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Oilers doing just fine under their REAL coach 

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Quin lived in Toronto, loved the Leafs 

 

he is going to end Up there 

 

 

hit the floor no GIF by The Maury Show

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me guess 

 

there is a separate Loui sucks thread 

there is a separate Roussel is selfish thread 

there is a separate Sutter is useless thread

Brown is useless thread 

Baumer is useless thread 

 

I can’t be navigating my way through all that 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alflives said:

What does this type of behaviour tell us about Green’s character?  IMO it shows he’s soft.  Just another reason to bring in an arrogant SOB to lead our team.  

Your making the bridge slippery Alf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Until he heads to the Leafs first chance he gets

 

 

Yeah good one... lets turn on our star player, who has said nothing but good about everything in Canucks land. 
Next time Benning makes a draft choice, maybe we should tell him, only to draft BC boys, no matter what, cause they’ll all jump ship at the first opportunity........./s

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...