The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

every game Petersson has been thrown down, crosschecked, slashed numerous times. other teams constantly use two guys on him, because he is so good. the refs rarely help, as we have seen. Same as Hughes , but both of these guys do not complain they are just troopers and keep playing the game. to say these two are not playing well is bogus!!!!

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's not going to be the skinny kid forever, obviously. As he gets older, he'll fill out. In the meantime though, Benning needs at least one legitimate brute who has size, not just height. A player who actually enjoys the idea of sticking up for his teammates.

I'm hoping the days of signing half-assed, part-time "agitators" like Roussel are over.

Green needs to pull a torts and rip the refs, and say if that 88 in Boston. 34, in Toronto, 97 Edmonton , those are penalties 

Just now, bree2 said:

every game Petersson has been thrown down, crosschecked, slashed numerous times. other teams constantly use two guys on him, because he is so good. the refs rarely help, as we have seen. Same as Hughes , but both of these guys do not complain they are just troopers and keep playing the game. to say these two are not playing well is bogus!!!!

its not bogus. Hughes has been bad in the D zone. it is a fact. He constantly turns the puck over and even coughed the puck up with the net empty so Bobby Ryan could get his hatrick. Is he playing well offensively? sure. But lets be real he has a flaw in his game that he has to work on.. Could it be because he is being bullied by the other teams goons? sure but he has to work through that... Makar isn't getting it easy either but he is not giving as many turn overs and that's why his +- is better. I love Hughes and I hope he can learn how to deal with this.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

A couple other times during the season the team had bad stretches, part of both were key injuries.  Losing Markstrom and BB has definitely impacted the team this time.    Even the best teams have bad stretches, difference between them and us is they have better players and deeper teams (WSH, Boston, TB and PIT).   PIT recently lost 6 in a row and are still struggling to get out of theirs - and Crosby is back.   The best I think we can hope for is the team rallying around each other and again pulling themselves out of the funk they are in.  If they can do that without Markstrom and BB then I'd say we are also a pretty solid team right now (and our coaching isn't terrible like some seem to think).  If not then just file this in the chest as just another Canuck failure.   It's a pretty full chest, but this is the Canucks after all and getting your heart ripped out is pretty normal ha ha. 

Who knows.  Maybe our goaltending will heat up - or our support players will start pitching in like they have many times earlier this season.   Maybe Tree will be allowed to comeback and be amazing.   Maybe he lose every game from here on out and TG is told not to let the door hit his ass on the way out.   Probably something in between.  

I think the most frustrating part (and why we're seeing ridiculous "fights" among "fans" in GDT/PGT's the last week or so) is that the way injuries have killed the last few seasons, this season it was looking much better. Look at the top 6-7 forwards, top 5-6 D and Goalies,up until Boeser and Marky went down there were little to no man games lost with Edler's 10 being the highest and Miller, EP, Horvat, Pearson, Virtanen, Hughes, Tanev, Myers, Stecher missing a combined 2 games. The timing of the injuries to top players (particularly Marky) is the real kick in the plums that has the fanbase on edge even more-so than usual.

Edited by GritGrinder
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Miller -Petey - MacEwan
Pearson -Horvat-Toffoli 

MacEwan seems to be the only guy in the entire organization that might provide any sort of accountability for cheap shots on Petey.

Too bad Ferland is broken.

The theory was right , just not the due diligence.

• Cheers 1

I was going to write this limerick:

"Always been a fan of the Canuck,

But on draft numbers there was no luck.

But getting EP40 and Hughes,

Have stifled all the boos,

And now they very rarely suck! "

However after the last few games, I'm not sure I will....

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Problem is that the shots add up, every cheap shot they don’t take helps in the long run and if you think it’s bad now wait till we make the playoffs.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know man it’s weird how we started losing after we started fighting. I believe there’s a time and place. But superstars get cheap shotted across the league. We just think we are special imo

What is "weird" is we starting losing after BB went down, and continued to lose once Markstrom went down too.   Fighting - well it's about time. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

54 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Green needs to pull a torts and rip the refs, and say if that 88 in Boston. 34, in Toronto, 97 Edmonton , those are penalties 

One coach doing it amounts to a fine. Coaches and players across the league need to address this together. It's at an all time low. Hell, if coaches or players screwed up at the frequency that the average NHL official did, they'd be out of the league.

• Cheers 1