The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

My belief all along is that we need the right chemistry to win. We need the balance of skill and size. We've added good forwards with size in Miller and Taffoli. And we needed tougher role players like Motte. If we kept Bailey and Mac in this last while it eould have helped. Especially in size with speed, Bailey's speed right now is killer. A lot of teams look faster than us and Bailey would help. Its a fast league now.

Why Green is stapling his resume with slow skating LE I'll never know. We've needed more push back and haven't been getting much. Jake has always had that quality and I think he's developed in spite of Green. Who btw has been gifted Huggy, EP and Marky. 

And now Huggy is feeling the effects of a long season and we can't afford him resting. I'd put Huggy on the 4th line and have him on PP duty. Get him less minutes till he is 100%. Have him ready for the playoffs. Huggy dropped a step from what I saw last night. ie when he was skating out from behind the net he looked a bit off.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, GritGrinder said:

Has 6'8" Tyler Myers made any impact at all for the Canucks this season? The answer to both questions is no. You know this isn't the NBA right? See I can ask stupid questions too.

More impact than the 5'10" stetcher. There is value in size in pro sports. I know you're really trying to discount Tyramkin but he can help this team right now. 

And despite what you think, many have followed closely him during his KHL stint rather than just buying into JB draft chara 2.0 hype. 

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

He's a 3-4 d-man on a slightly above average KHL team. I know hes big and fans like him but there are probably 10-15 KHL d-men better than him that could probably be coaxed to sign with an NHL team like the Canucks. But he was drafted by JB and people got a glimpse of him for that one season so they have hyped him  into  "Chara 2.0" which is mis-guided and if he starts hearing those comparisons ( if he isn't hearing them already) it will put even more pressure on him. My feeling is if he does eventually have an NHL career it won't be in Vancouver (at least not for very long).

This is how I know you haven't been following Tryamkin at all this year. Nice that you have an uninformed opinion though. Lots of merit.

6 hours ago, The Aquamen said:

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, have a Good Night, unfortunately there is work tomorrow. 

I am going to order KFC, lmao. 

Go Canucks.  

<3

You order KFC to take away the pain, I will vent with some JFC!  It sucks about the loss and the losing streak but we ain’t dead yet. Don’t know about the rest of the forum but I didn’t watch 65 games  this season to bail on the team with 16 games remaining. It’s getting to the breaking point but we aren’t there yet. Very light on the Canuck wagon today. I am a masochist and I live for the pain that is being a Canucks fan. 

192CAD18-4DAE-49EC-A080-28A48C39E390.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

When the head coach stands in front of the world and declares he is happy with how his his team is playing after 4 straight losses ...   

he needs to be relieved of his duties as he is so incompetent he can’t see the walls caving in 

Jesus did you stay up all night with the sheer glee of declaring yourself right?

I can picture your eyes flying open and declaring “to the laptop! CDC must know my feelings on Green!”

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

This is how I know you haven't been following Tryamkin at all this year. Nice that you have an uninformed opinion though. Lots of merit.

This is laughable at best, been following him quite closely actually. He's in a group of 4-5 d-men with nearly identical ice-time and stats and all are below their top d-man Vasilevsky. For part of the season Tryamkin was the 2-3 and the other part he was the 3-4-5. My statement is accurate as can be, he's a 3-4 dman on a slightly above average KHL team.

15 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

The funniest (saddest?) part of Green saying this game and recent games being like playoff games is that the Canucks would have been swept given how they played the last 4 games.

Playoffs are tough. The young core is getting experience of the grind and to learn what they need to do to get to the next level. Hopefully we make the playoffs and if we get swept, then we do. The point is we want to make a push so Benning can further assess the team on who to keep and what not. This was said by Benning since early in the season. It's progression and we have been trending up every year.

Better to get the tough stretch of games out of the way now and should we make the playoffs, hopefully we are coming in hot.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

sign tryamkin on the 8th call up juolevi and rafferty  waive eriksson and sutter and pressbox stecher  lets see what the future canucks can do itcant be worst than the last few weeks of garbage vets 

So 3 dmen in, and two forwards and a dman out? The good ol' 10 forward / 8 D strategy 

hmm...no

Didn't keep track of the injuries or scratches to Myers and Beagle.

But the team is not deep enough to lose Myers. Having Oscar and Benn together is not great. QH was off too, fighting something.  

Once they get healthier, I think they will get back to winning. Demko wasn't bad at all. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Playoffs are tough. The young core is getting experience of the grind and to learn what they need to do to get to the next level. Hopefully we make the playoffs and if we get swept, then we do. The point is we want to make a push so Benning can further assess the team on who to keep and what not. This was said by Benning since early in the season. It's progression and we have been trending up every year.

Better to get the tough stretch of games out of the way now and should we make the playoffs, hopefully we are coming in hot.

man I think we are seeing everything JB needs to make an assessment right now. seeing if this team rallies and pulls out of this tail spin or rolls over and plays dead is basically all JB really needs to see to know what moves need to be made.

Are we having fun yet?

I think they`ll keep Green for the rest of the season and then make decisions on coaching changes in the off season. Benning has next season to get them in.

Still a few players keeping this team mediocre:

Sutter

Eriksson

Roussel

Stecher

• Cheers 3

First I would like to say the guys played great last night, I seen that extra effort that should be in more games but they definitely brought it last night. 

So with Jake...…… He is again relegated to the 3rd line while LE starts in the top 6 again. We go down a goal and so TG decides we now need to change things up and switches Jake and LE. Jake plays great and looks great playing with Bo. Those that think LE should be played over Jake is on glue after seeing last nights game. 

Then,...….……….In the last few minutes of the game, I don't see Jake again but I see Roussel and Gaudette ,who played an awful game last night, on the ice. What?

I hope others are finally getting to see what some of us have been saying about Travis and these odd decisions he is making. I am no professional but most of us could plainly see Jake is a way better fit on Bo's line over LE, by a mile. 

It is painfully obvious that Jake plays a far better game when he is fully involved in the game and ,as another poster has said, he and Miller should be playing the majority of the game as they drive the play in the O zone.

• Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, J-23 said:

If we can get rid of Baum, then maybe we can get back into the top 3 of our division.

Yes, because Baumer is solely responsible for bad bounces, giveaways and injuries to defenceman. Benning has been looking all year to upgrade the defence and hasn’t been able to. Myers is out and Hughes is obviously playing hurt. Wouldn’t be surprised if Edler and Tanev are also playing hurt. But go ahead and blame Baumer if it makes you feel better.

7 hours ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Well, a canuck fan made one, if we truly are fans of the team we should make one and it could cheer em up and it will tell them the fans have faith in them still down the stretch!

Seriously? You think a pump up video is the motivation this team needs? Is this high school?

Edited by Curmudgeon

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

When the head coach stands in front of the world and declares he is happy with how his his team is playing after 4 straight losses ...   

he needs to be relieved of his duties as he is so incompetent he can’t see the walls caving in 

You have no idea what he is saying behind closed doors. Green is not one to call out his players because he knows that doesn’t work. He will present a united front publically and deal with on-ice problems privately, away from the prying eyes of the media. And not to be impolite, but how many years experience as an NHL coach do you have? If the answer is none you are in no position at all to assess coaching competence. Like zero.

• Haha 1