The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

58 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Don't want to see this team be successful? Take the next step? Or is mediocrity okay with you? This team played exciting hockey last year. I want them to play meaningful hockey now.

so, you weren’t entertained? 

• Thanks 1

Not time to panic yet but we are getting closer with each loss. Demko looked better and more confident last night (the first goal withstanding). However the defence was brutal. And what is with Roussel?

2 hours ago, Cluminati* said:

We are still in control of our playoff hopes, so let’s get away from the doom and gloom talk and hope for the best. 

Those were some fluky bounces and goals for Arizona, and that was the difference in the end. Give the guys some credit, they played well enough to get a point at least out of this game. 

Moving forward...

Jake and J.T. look like 2 pissed off guys out there, pushing hard for goals and wins. Green should play them as much as he can, and hope the rest of the team plays with that same grit. 
Roussel on PP2 and playing in the final minute of regulation when down a goal...for real? Green please, NEVER AGAIN!!

Sutter and Eriksson both should play a lot less, like 10 mins or less. Give Gaudette and MacEwen the 12-15 minutes that those 2 vets get. They both look gassed midway through their shifts and lack the energy level we need at this point of the season.

We’re close to being a decent playoff team, not a cup contender, but a playoff team. Boy is that a big step forward from last year, especially when you see how much experience we lost. At this point I’m excited for our future, making the playoffs this season would be a bonus. 

Keep playing your hearts out guys, you’ll be rewarded!

Go Canucks Go!

Gaudette was horrible 

• Wat 1

54 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

1. He has the team contending for a playoff spot, which a lot of so-called experts said wouldn’t happen.

2. He has worked with Jake patiently since inheriting him in Utica in Jake’s second year when so many on CDC were labelling him a bust. Look at Jake now. 

3. He is loyal to his players. If you want loyalty in your players you have to be loyal to them.

4. He does not publically call out his players when they make a mistake.

5. He has found a way to use guys like Motte and Eriksson in ways that benefit the team. No, Loui will never again be a 30 goal scorer, or even a 10 goal scorer, but he is often out in the final minutes protecting a lead (last few games notwithstanding)

6. He has integrated young guys into the lineup and helped them develop at the NHL level, and I’m talking Gaudette and MacEwen, not obvious stars like Hughes and Pettersson. As for bringing you guys up with youthful energy and not playing them, well, youthful energy is great, but NHL skill is greater and if a regular can play, he’ll play ahead of the energetic youth from the minors.

7. He’s helped Boeser become a more complete player. Yes he has.

8. He appears to have created a stable environment where the players want to play for each other. After playing over 900 games in the  NHL himself, he would know how important that is.

Now it’s your turn, Alf. Tell us why Green is a bad coach.

Green is 9 games below .500

If we have such good players, as many suggest, why do we struggle to keep shots down, and have poor puck possession?  It’s a coach who is passive in his philosophy, and has junior systems.  

If we had Babs this season we are 10 wins better.  Our young core deserves an elite coach, and not Softy Green.  

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How is finishing in the middle of the league any good for a rebuilding team? That means picking in the middle of round one.  That’s kind of the recipe to be mediocre.  

It's called progression and development of the new young core. If you want to tank for a long time, go see the Oilers. Sabres and NJD aren't far off. We will see how Ottawa progresses.

Picking in the middle of round one can still unearth some gems that could be key pieces to the team if you make the right picks and develop them properly.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I was out walking when something greyish with a little bit of blue fell on my head. Guys, I think it was a piece of the sky! A piece of the sky!!!!!

Sounds like a seagull crapped on your head,

much like our Canucks have crapped the bed!  

A poem.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Sounds like a seagull crapped on your head,

much like our Canucks have crapped the bed!  

A poem.  

No, not a seagull, I've had that happen to me before.

It was a little spongy and dissipated when I tried to pick it up, I'm telling you, it was a piece of the sky; I'm sure of it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

It's called progression and development of the new young core. If you want to tank for a long time, go see the Oilers. Sabres and NJD aren't far off. We will see how Ottawa progresses.

Picking in the middle of round one can still unearth some gems that could be key pieces to the team if you make the right picks and develop them properly.

That’s what Aquilini and JB are selling.  We are finished the rebuild, and it’s a steady climb to being an elite cup contender.  I disagree. We have two great young players in Petey and Hughes.  We needed to draft at least one more forward and one more D to complete that core.  Maybe that’s Pods and Rathbone, and we will be fine.  But having top five picks for two more drafts would increase our chances of having those two young guys to go with Petey and Hughes.  

Watching this team for these past couple months get badly outshot, loss possession battles, and play soft has made me very concerned about our future.  

11 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Just for fun I’ll continue my Horvat love here.  

He spent two years saying he wanted and was ready for the C.  
He gets it, and can anyone here honestly say he has been a great captain?

Other than a few games, has he looked like he is inspiring his teammates?

Any big hit? Even little ones?    

Where are all the timely goals?   Where is the emotion?   

this team is in big trouble right now. 

Comments like this are the reason the Canucks' didn't give Horvat the Captaincy earlier than this season.  The reason why rookies are sheltered by players like the Sedins'.  Once they are the go to people the criticism gets real harsh from this fan base.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I am amazed by the people starting to talk about tanking while we are still  in the middle of battling for a playoff spot after going through an attrocious patch of games.  Seems like loser mentality to me...When the Canucks fight through this adversity and get BB and Markstrom back for playoffs and we win round 1, stay off the wagon please.

It is almost indicative of what Benning had said. The biggest hurdle is getting back to the playoffs. You don't want to be stuck forever in that funk. The tank nation crowd are the ones stuck in that funk and can't get over the hump. The silver lining is despite this rough patch, we are still in a playoff spot. We hit a 3 game win streak and suddenly we are back to fighting for the top spot in the Pacific. If we get hot going into the playoffs, then watch out.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Read his post again. He said he enjoyed the game. He didn’t say he liked the outcome or that he enjoys mediocrity. Of course he wants the team to be successful. He’s also seen more hockey games than you’ve had hot meals, so maybe a little tolerance on your part would be good 

You know this how? Because his avatar pic is of some old guy? Please. Hes on CDC so until hes a mod hes a loser like the rest of us. Safe from no one.

And if you cant get on board with that I'll just change my pic to don cherry so you'll side with me...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Green is 9 games below .500

If we have such good players, as many suggest, why do we struggle to keep shots down, and have poor puck possession?  It’s a coach who is passive in his philosophy, and has junior systems.  

If we had Babs this season we are 10 wins better.  Our young core deserves an elite coach, and not Softy Green.  

Babs also threw his young star Marner under the bus and made him write an infamous list of players he thought he outworked, which he then communicated to the players. That is absolute bush-league player development. I wouldn’t want that anywhere near Bo, EP, Hughes and Brock. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

was i the only one that was entertained by that game? the boys played well enough to win as did arizona. give me more entertaining games like that. 

No agree 100%.

2nd period was probably the best I've sen the team play in ages. Just couldn't get the puck in the net.

Jake in particular and Miller were flying...

Edited by spook007

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You know this how? Because his avatar pic is of some old guy? Please. Hes on CDC so until hes a mod hes a loser like the rest of us. Safe from no one.

And if you cant get on board with that I'll just change my pic to don cherry so you'll side with me...

go cartoons crying GIF by Cartoon Hangover

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Babs also threw his young star Marner under the bus and made him write an infamous list of players he thought he outworked, which he then communicated to the players. That is absolute bush-league player development. I wouldn’t want that anywhere near Bo, EP, Hughes and Brock. 

And Babs is an arrogant SOB, who is a control freak.  He took that Leafs crap team to their franchises best ever result - 105 points.  He got 100% the best out of everyone of their players.  He didn’t play the softies.  He rewarded guys who played the right way.  He supported his elite stars.  He’s hated, feared, and loathed.  He’s exactly what our top young players want.  Elite athletes want all their teammates to be accountable.  Babs does that.  

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

When the head coach stands in front of the world and declares he is happy with how his his team is playing after 4 straight losses ...   

he needs to be relieved of his duties as he is so incompetent he can’t see the walls caving in 

Now is NOT the time to call anyone out in the press...

And the team actually didn't play badly...

• Cheers 1