The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If the team misses the playoffs, I'm thinking that Benning will pull the plug on this coaching staff.

Honestly I think we need a coaching change on the PP and defense regardless of this season's outcome.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Honestly I think we need a coaching change on the PP and defense regardless of this season's outcome.

Without a doubt. Once the season comes to whatever end it does, at the very least, Baungartner and Brown should be relieved of their duties. Based on how the defense has performed and how anemic the power play has been, it has to happen.

• Huggy Bear 1

47 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

So how do you pick a good coach? maybe looking at a coach's record, experience in the NHL, or maybe other hockey leagues. Maybe there should be scouting for coaches too.

All coaches have to start somewhere. You try them out and hope for the best. Times change and methodology changes over time, so it's not always indicative that coaches that had a good record in the past are good now. It seems in today's game that if the coaches respect the players and can earn the respect back from the players, then you have a good one. All I know is one's playing career does not dictate if someone will be a good coach.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Amen brothers.

Thank Gordie, these knee jerk, reactionary, panicky, fragile people aren't actually in charge of the team :lol: Can you imagine these people in an actual crisis?! :frantic:

:lol:

The problem is these fragile people actually BELIEVE they know how to run and coach the team. Thrs a large percentage of this delusional fanbase that are just f’n embarrassing and I can’t stand. But cheers to u and all the other solid supportive fans out thr.

• Cheers 4
  • Wat 2

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

lol.  How many get out jail free cards does he get?  I'm not saying coaching is the problem though I'm not particularly a fan of some of Green's lineup decisiions.

Not sure Jimbo's the problem. 

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I already watched last night's dogs breakfast of a third period but missed the dog race, anybody know where I can find a replay?

Here you are wrister! Hope they keep doing this. Who doesn’t love dogs?

• Upvote 1

Just now, captainhorvat said:

The problem is these fragile people actually BELIEVE they know how to run and coach the team. Thrs a large percentage of this delusional fanbase that are just f’n embarrassing and I can’t stand. But cheers to u and all the other solid supportive fans out thr.

The really funny part about this is how bad the team would ACTUALLY be if we did what they believe they know :lol:

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

It's like a film loop.  The same people saying the same things over and over.:bored:

Some of the complaints prove people aren't watching the games, one poster said Green plays line 1-4 in order and can't adjust. 

If that is so why was Virtanen moved to the 1st line and double shifted along with, Bo Toffoli, Petey and Miller then. Plus Hughes played most of the last 5 minutes. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not sure Jimbo's the problem. 

Jim's an extraordinary drafter of talent. Looking at the team tells you that. His trades have definitely improved over time.

The only real black mark on the man's resume is his record as a signer of free agents. There have been some truly bad signings, and some decent ones, but none could be considered great.

On his drafting alone, I think Benning will avoid the hammer should the team miss the playoffs.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Some of the complaints prove people aren't watching the games, one poster said Green plays line 1-4 in order and can't adjust. 

If that is so why was Virtanen moved to the 1st line and double shifted along with, Bo Toffoli, Petey and Miller then. Plus Hughes played most of the last 5 minutes. 

CDC today:

call-me-irrational.jpg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

You have no idea what he is saying behind closed doors. Green is not one to call out his players because he knows that doesn’t work. He will present a united front publically and deal with on-ice problems privately, away from the prying eyes of the media. And not to be impolite, but how many years experience as an NHL coach do you have? If the answer is none you are in no position at all to assess coaching competence. Like zero.

ya green might be a nhl coach but barely guy makes garbage decisions  there defensive and pp systems are horrible we should have best pp in nhl with petey hughes boeser  virtanen  this team is run by fools 

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

It is almost indicative of what Benning had said. The biggest hurdle is getting back to the playoffs. You don't want to be stuck forever in that funk. The tank nation crowd are the ones stuck in that funk and can't get over the hump.

The silver lining is despite this rough patch, we are still in a playoff spot. 

Hump or no hump, Tank Nation hopes you too enjoy watching EP and QH, both top, lotto picks. Mission Accomplished. 

Accidental Tank Nation is a more appropriate moniker, but what do we care as long as we are picking high each year that Benning is icing his cap-rosters. It’s not our money anyways, or so we’ve been reminded. 

Accidental or not, Stealth or not, Tank Nation endorses Benning’s expensive strategies (aka Silver linings) to pick high. 

Love,

Tank Nation

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Why does wanting Babs or Gallant make us dumb?  Doesn’t wanting our team to be better make us fans?  

true fans don't want the team to be better

true fans job is to assign blame for all the teams problems to thier own projections of how "real" hockey should be played

We have some key pieces in place to build around. Bo , Petey , Hughes , Beoser , Virtanen are all very solid young players to build with moving forward. We have some reel solid youth in our system. I think fans are a little unrealistic to where this team is. I personally think that they have been playing above their true weight level. A few injuries to key players is all it took.

They have been giving up close to 40 shots all year. Markstrom has clearly been sensational. Jims job is clearly not over and this off season will be huge. Can they clear enough cap  space to keep Tyler? Will he even resign? Can he beef up the defense a little more? Will they bring back Tryamkin and is he a true NHL level player? Lets face the facts, this is clearly a young team that has shown it's fans some big time hope for the future.

IF we miss the playoffs it would be a prime year to break the curse and win the lottery.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Green is 9 games below .500

If we have such good players, as many suggest, why do we struggle to keep shots down, and have poor puck possession?  It’s a coach who is passive in his philosophy, and has junior systems.  

If we had Babs this season we are 10 wins better.  Our young core deserves an elite coach, and not Softy Green.  

Babcock is no longer relevant. He is garbage now...even the leafs did not want him.

Canucks dont need nor want babcock.  If they get another coach it should be anything but that ego maniac d bag.

• Vintage 1