The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The team has the capability and potential to be dangerous now. Seeing them manhandle Boston a couple of weeks ago proves that.

The biggest issue going forward is still the defense. It needs an increase in size, aggression, and discipline. I'm thinking Benning is already well aware of this and will do what's needed from a personnel standpoint to rectify it.

Agreed.  I've followed the canucks for many years and I have never seen so many missed assignments, poor coverage, giveaways etc..  Mind you, the defense has improved from last year (for what its worth) but most of that improvement has been in the puck moving end of things (hughes, myers).  The problem is that other than hughes , we really don't have many defensemen in our lineup right now that we've drafted and developed over the last couple of years.  Hence we have had to go the free agent route which means older and overpayment.  Juolevi and to a lesser extent, Woo, were the ones that were supposed to be battling for jobs but their development has been derailed by injuries.

6 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Change the damn slogan “we are all canucks” sounds pathetic with this fanbase.

Half this fanbase can’t even support the team in this final drive. Half of them are at offseason mode talking about firing coaches,need new owner, how to fix the cap, sign this guy waive that guy jeeez jus stfu!

Need a Safe Space? This isn’t it. 

Is it Canucks dot Com or Pet-the-Canucks dot Com ?

Antiquated lingo there, but whatever. 

Its a fan site, not a cheer squad.

People here want the team to do its best and win. They can express this, within the rules, however they wish.

Your little ANTIFA shout-down thing isn’t going to fly here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Posts like these are hilarious.

Do posters actually think they are smarter than any other posters?  I know I am not. We just all post our opinions.

Good god...:mellow:

It’s true though...thrs a percentage of this fanbase that are dumber thn a pile of rocks. And actually think they have all the answers and can make better decisions thn the well qualified NHL GM and Coaches of this team. These are the same fans that show no support when things go south.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Need a Safe Space? This isn’t it. 

Is it Canucks dot Com or Pet-the-Canucks dot Com ?

Antiquated lingo there, but whatever. 

Its a fan site, not a cheer squad.

People here want the team to do its best and win. They can express this, within the rules, however they wish.

Your little ANTIFA shout-down thing isn’t going to fly here. 

I’ll say whatever the F I want...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Can some one briefly explain what or why Gaudette was so bad this game, which is what I read in here a few times? 

(I missed the game) 

A bunch of CDC'ers thought he should have skated left on this one play but instead he went right.

Some of them think he should now be traded immediately. Others are blaming Green's clearly inferior coaching and believe HE should be fired. Others still, (despite previously lauding Brackett for the pick) are blaming Benning for drafting him and demanding HE be fired.

Welcome to CDC.

Edited by aGENT

I mean  I could just jump and rip this team apart, I know they have many many flaws and need a lot more work. 

However, I think now is not the time to turn on this team. 

Frankly this team is given me exactly what I wanted, meaningful games in March.  I wasn't sure this team was playoff ready, now that they are in the playoff picture I was hoping for better results. But I'm so used to failure I'll try to be patient a bit longer. 

There's still time to turn it around, and I'll get mad, angry, frustrated, agitated and depressed along the way but I'm not cheering for anyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I feel like the Canucks as a team need this sort of change. Not positive that Green can get the most out of our roster.

I wouldn't mind giving him a chance. Old school but a players coach.

I’m not opposed to a coaching change in the offseason.  

I am a little baffled why we are talking about it now though?  

Not talking about you specifically Junkyard btw... 

We outplayed each of our last three opponents but lost due to poor goaltending and bad bounces/bad penalties. 

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

A bunch of CDC'ers thought he should have skated left on this one play but instead he went right.

Some of them think he should now be traded immediately. Others still are blaming Green's clearly inferior coaching and believe HE should be fired. Others, (despite previously lauding Brackett for the pick) are blaming Benning for drafting him and demanding HE be fired.

Welcome to CDC.

Was he getting outworked?

He seems to be an efficient player. 
He reminds me of a young Andrew Cassels. 

9 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Can some one briefly explain what or why Gaudette was so bad this game, which is what I read in here a few times? 

(I missed the game) 

Non factor offensively and really late to cover defensively IMO 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I’m not opposed to a coaching change in the offseason.  

I am a little baffled why we are talking about it now though?  

Not talking about you specifically Junkyard btw... 

We outplayed each of our last three opponents but lost due to poor goaltending and bad bounces/bad penalties. 

Cool sig thing 

47 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Hump or no hump, Tank Nation hopes you too enjoy watching EP and QH, both top, lotto picks. Mission Accomplished. 

Accidental Tank Nation is a more appropriate moniker, but what do we care as long as we are picking high each year that Benning is icing his cap-rosters. It’s not our money anyways, or so we’ve been reminded. 

Accidental or not, Stealth or not, Tank Nation endorses Benning’s expensive strategies (aka Silver linings) to pick high. 

Love,

Tank Nation

We actually have dropped in draft position every year we've been at the bottom. We have been screwed time and again with "lotto" picks. Good on Benning and crew nabbing very good prospects (and for teams passing on them). Mission accomplished for them. They grabbed the necessary players to build a new young core, time to build on this foundation rather than continuing to dig ourselves further into the ground.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What is their problem?

Coaching?

Skill?

Desire?

Leadership? 
Injuries?
Game management?

It's coaching, I think he's lost the room.

Nothing against Green, but all coaches get replaced eventually, and now it's Green's turn to move on.