The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

A potential top for with Stetch, Boner and QH.... 

Oh boy. 

We’d be incredibly cute and cuddly, wouldn’t we?

Seriously there is zero chance Stecher is back.  

Edler and Tanev and Myers will be on the team.  Huggy Bear, Bone, and (Benn :sick:)

If Tryamkin comes back he will push for a spot.  I see him coming to camp, and preseason.  He will have an out clause in his contract though.  If he doesn’t make the team, he will go back to Russia.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Edler and Tanev and Myers will be on the team.  Huggy Bear, Bone, and (Benn :sick:)

If Tryamkin comes back he will push for a spot.  I see him coming to camp, and preseason.  He will have an out clause in his contract though.  If he doesn’t make the team, he will go back to Russia.  

Dialogue like this one is the fun part and distraction about this phase of the roster cycle. 
We have incremental improvement to forecast, crystal ball and just look forward to. 

The whole winning a losing fixation of today is also a great distraction from other, more impactful things we should be doing with our time, but at least we can no begin to imagine at future. 

As many of you know, I am just happy as a fan knowing they are not such a wuss of a roster anymore. That was my Cup moment after years of residue humiliation stemming from that Boston series. At least the Canucks aren’t a victim any longer. Whatever comes next is just gravy. I’d criticized Benning about his decisions, but maintain that he helped change the franchises’ legacy by importing a spine for it. A small one, but, baby steps. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Yes, because Baumer is solely responsible for bad bounces, giveaways and injuries to defenceman. Benning has been looking all year to upgrade the defence and hasn’t been able to. Myers is out and Hughes is obviously playing hurt. Wouldn’t be surprised if Edler and Tanev are also playing hurt. But go ahead and blame Baumer if it makes you feel better.

AHL coach.

Our defensive coverage is at an all time low.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Dialogue like this one is the fun part and distraction about this phase of the roster cycle. 
We have incremental improvement to forecast, crystal ball and just look forward to. 

The whole winning a losing fixation of today is also a great distraction from other, more impactful things we should be doing with our time, but at least we can no begin to imagine at future. 

As many of you know, I am just happy as a fan knowing they are not such a wuss of a roster anymore. That was my Cup moment after years of residue humiliation stemming from that Boston series. At least the Canucks aren’t a victim any longer. Whatever comes next is just gravy. I’d criticized Benning about his decisions, but maintain that he helped change the franchises’ legacy by importing a spine for it. A small one, but, baby steps. 

I’d love us to have a coach who insists our guys initiate instead of retaliate.  I’m looking forward to see Aquilini going for Babs this summer.  

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Without a doubt. Once the season comes to whatever end it does, at the very least, Baungartner and Brown should be relieved of their duties. Based on how the defense has performed and how anemic the power play has been, it has to happen.

Agree, don’t think Green is the problem.

We are good team offensively, but absolutely garbage defensively. Our defence is garbage.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sad that actor died so young.  

Bone would be our fourth best D man right now.  Hughes, Tanev, Edler, Bone.  He’s a beauty.  

Who is Bone? Nevermind, I realize it's Rathbone.

Rathbone is a talent for sure, but the defense needs to get some more size to go with the skill, and not to have BumGardener fouling things up on a consistent basis.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Agree, don’t think Green is the problem.

We are good team offensively, but absolutely garbage defensively. Our defence is garbage.

It should be a heck of a lot better. On paper, the addition on Hughes and Myers should make this defense better, however it's still an adventure in it's own end.

One would hope that someone sees this and moves Baumgartner out.

• Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It should be a heck of a lot better. On paper, the addition on Hughes and Myers should make this defense better, however it's still an adventure in it's own end.

One would hope that someone sees this and moves Baumgartner out.

Myers, Benn, Gudbranson, all looked awful once they entered the Canucks system.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:
24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The big guy is two games away from being available. Sunday Mar 8 could be the day.

Going for some Derbies to win this year. Smoked salmon, they are great but hard to light at first.:lol:

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

Question: any opinion on Defenceman Brogan Rafferty  what is his possibility playing for the Canucks? on the NHL team  

Due to him being an emergency call up only if one of our current 6 can't go. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Myers, Benn, Gudbranson, all looked awful once they entered the Canucks system.

It is strange how players who did well in their previous teams have come here and not done the same. The Jets, Canadiens, and Panthers did have better defense corps in their respective times though

9 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

Question: any opinion on Defenceman Brogan Rafferty  what is his possibility playing for the Canucks? on the NHL team  

Rafferty is more important to Utica right now. No need to completely strip mine that team at this point.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It is strange how players who did well in their previous teams have come here and not done the same. The Jets, Canadiens, and Panthers did have better defense corps in their respective times though

Gudbranson last season with Canucks: 57 games and a -27. On this years Ducks: 44 games and a 0.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Gudbranson last season with Canucks: 57 games and a -27. On this years Ducks: 44 games and a 0.

Yep. He's a serviceable defenseman when paired with the right partner. He suffered the most when he was paired with Hutton or Pouliot. Those two weren't reliable and made poor decisions. When Guddy was paired with Eagle, his game immediately improved in every facet.

Certainly injuries factored in to how Gudbranson was utilized, but Bumgardener being a subpar coach also factors in.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1