The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Dahlen didn't force Bennings hands. Benning could have solved this in multiple ways without laying the full blame on Dahlen. 

Since we don't know exactly what went wrong it's hard for anybody to take a stand.

Exactly what I said... I don't know enough to take a stand.

My final word on this matter however will be that Benning seems to be decent towards his players... and something made him trade him away. 

31 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I know about those aspects but it's here it shows if Benning is a GM ir not. Benning cound't be a diplomat and chose a middle path that didn't sacrifice a young person just because. 

In my view Benning is a great scout but not a GM. 

Sorry missed this one.

Benning traded Dahlen... he needed to say something for the fans to understand, as everyone though he was going to be the next thing.

He must either have been really mad at Dahlen, to come out and say this, or maybe it was a mistake... we all make mistakes.

Who knows.... not me.

21 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

that is not true

dahlen was not held back

he could not cut it

you and myth making about some of these prospects

Did you even read what I said?

You're really bad at reading and when you try something else you go the passive aggressive style. It's marvelous that you didn't go the passive aggressive way now, I'm very surprised... 

22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Petey's MUCH more of a competitor/champion than that.  You don't give him enough credit...has NOTHING to do with "feelings".  He's made of steel.  He's being targeted, big time, as the secret to him is out.  But he's so good and is so far away from the drama you suggest that he's actually got little ego and is quite satisfied to help set his brothers up...make more room for them until he finds a way to work around it.  Thing is, that will take some of the attention off him, as teams will start thinking "pass" and he'll be more open to shooting.  He's been off, but I don't think it's because he's mourning another player...he's too focused for that.

He's human and your words don't change that fact.  I'm not saying he is mourning another player. I say that Bennings way of dealing with this situation is affecting Petey. 

It isn't especially good if you don't trust or like your GM. 

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

He's human and your words don't change that fact.  I'm not saying he is mourning another player. I say that Bennings way of dealing with this situation is affecting Petey. 

46 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Dahlen didn't force Bennings hands. Benning could have solved this in multiple ways without laying the full blame on Dahlen. 

Since we don't know exactly what went wrong it's hard for anybody to take a stand.

"Since we don't know exactly what went wrong it's hard for anybody to take a stand"

And yet you have taken a stand, haven't you?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Play me or trade me is how I understood it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

"Since we don't know exactly what went wrong it's hard for anybody to take a stand"

And yet you have taken a stand, haven't you?

Only about Bennings words... He could have spoken about the young players not willing to play in AHL in another interview not close to Dahlens departure. 

Remember, I don't have a problem with Benning wanted to trade him. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

The lengths you go to defend a guy who at this point would struggle to make an ECHL team is simply amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Only about Bennings words... He could have spoken about the young players not willing to play in AHL in another interview not close to Dahlens departure. 

Remember, I don't have a problem with Benning wanted to trade him. 

Dahlen has no heart to compete against the best.  He is happy at the lower levels of play.  Petey wants to win.  He wants the best players on the ice.  If Petey is frustrated about a player, it’s about Loui getting icetime.  

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Did you even read what I said?

You're really bad at reading and when you try something else you go the passive aggressive style. It's marvelous that you didn't go the passive aggressive way now, I'm very surprised... 

i disagree

i read what you wrote

and responded

since you have issues about reading comprehension - you raised this, not me

i do not think you understand what passive aggressive means

i think my post was a pretty direct response to your post

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
adjective
adjective: passive-aggressive
  1. of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i disagree

i read what you wrote

and responded

since you have issues about reading comprehension - you raised this, not me

i do not think you understand what passive aggressive means

i think my post was a pretty direct response to your post

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
adjective
adjective: passive-aggressive
  1. of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.

You usually are pa but not now. I'm a bit curious to why. 

No, you didn't respond to my post earlier...