The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

59 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

The thought of Eriksson even attempting to keep up with Mackinnon makes me laugh.  And then cry.

Yeah, one would think that Virtanen's speed actually evens that match up a bit vs Eriksson's positional play. Virtanen actually plays pretty sound positional hockey without the puck, most of the time. Eriksson is more consistent in that regard though. Hopefully the speed of Motte and Virtanen together can create some chances. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jake moved to the top line for a few shifts throughout the game.

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I made a post about this a couple months ago, imagine JB traded away a young, big body Dman and cpl years later he turned out to a Ryan Graves. He'd get run out of town.

Top pair

6'5  220 lbs

26Pts

plus 44

He's RFA this summer,will need a big pay raise

NYR made huge mistake with that trade.

Sakic needs a GM of year award.

Sakic has got to be one of the best in the business. Big reason why I’ve been saying no to the Barrie rumours

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah, one would think that Virtanen's speed actually evens that match up a bit vs Eriksson's positional play. Virtanen actually plays pretty sound positional hockey without the puck, most of the time. Eriksson is more consistent in that regard though. Hopefully the speed of Motte and Virtanen together can create some chances. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jake moved to the top line for a few shifts throughout the game.

It’s a stupid move by Green to expect Loui to check Mac.  Plus, Jake has been playing great.  Put him out there, and have him run over Mac.  Let’s be aggressive and initiate the play.  Green is too passive in his philosophy.  

Tough Game tonight ....not a cakewalk at all.

A win would obviously be huge but it could also get the Team going as a solid unit....it’s funny the young guys are the leaders and vet are the passagers on this team.

Ass ,Grass or Cash nobody sure ride for free.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Tough Game tonight ....not a cakewalk at all.

A win would obviously be huge but it could also get the Team going as a solid unit....it’s funny the young guys are the leaders and vet are the passagers on this team.

Ass ,Grass or Cash nobody sure ride for free.

Except, Loui, Sutter, Rooster, Beagle ...

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Virtanen has been a hell of a lot more useful this year than Eriksson has been in his entire time here in Vancouver. 

of course he has, but I was talking about Jake on the first line with Petey, where he played well for awhile  but then he kind of stopped  playing, but now Green said he will start him on the fourth and most likely  will play mostly on the 2nd with Horvat. he played well on both lines last game, and I think it gave him a lot of confidence helping both lines. in fact I think he was the best player on the ice.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NeilColville said:

Virtanen has been a hell of a lot more useful this year than Eriksson has been in his entire time here in Vancouver. 

The new NHL ,speed kills. Following someone does not make him good defensively.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Not according to Green.  Even though Jake was fabulous in our top six last game, Green dropped Jake to the bottom six.  Just listened to Green saying he wants Loui with Bo.  

So Horvat has to keep carrying LE

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Green's comments regarding why Eriksson starts in the top 6 over Virtanen just shows how out to lunch he is.

He sounds exactly like how Willy D did just before he got canned, and people thought he was doing fine too. I think the writing is already on the wall and its just a matter of time. Aquaman will not tolerate ineffectiveness, especially when he is spending to the Cap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1