The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

4 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Green's comments regarding why Eriksson starts in the top 6 over Virtanen just shows how out to lunch he is.

Jake is clearly our best forward last game.  Green’s reward fir great play?  Here you go Jake play on the fourth line.  I think Loui is better than you and deserves top six minutes.  Jake is for certain confused with what his role is.  But how about the other players, who see Jake play great and get demoted?  Guys want to have their coach put them in the best possible chance to win.  Is Green doing that? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Once again our fanbase is fixated on one forward. 

Eriksson is not going to win or lose the game for us. 

We need good goaltending and a good team game. 

Whoever thinks that we should be trading chances with the MacKinnon line is out of their mind.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

He sounds exactly like how Willy D did just before he got canned, and people thought he was doing fine too. I think the writing is already on the wall and its just a matter of time. Aquaman will not tolerate ineffectiveness, especially when he is spending to the Cap.

Green goes and JB goes with him.  I remember when AV was almost done with us.  Gillis told AV to change his systems to better suit the players we had, especially the Twins.  AV did what he was told, and the team took off.  JB needs to insist Green changes his systems so our guys have the best possible chance to win. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Once again our fanbase is fixated on one forward. 

Eriksson is not going to win or lose the game for us. 

We need good goaltending and a good team game. 

Whoever thinks that we should be trading chances with the MacKinnon line is out of their mind.

Yep who needs secondary scoring right? Plus I think I would rather have Jake checking MacKinnon then Little Things Lui. 

Watch which end of the ice Bo's line is in when he has LE on his wing and then when he has Jake on his line. 

See how much pressure LE can sustain in the O'zone. He's not going to do anything but pass it the point if he gets the puck.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Like as in injured or soft 

Soft.  Beagle and Sutter have been terribly soft.  That’s why Green is using Bo’s line more and more in the top defensive matchups.  That was supposed to be Beagle’s and Sutter’s job.  I can’t believe we’re stuck with these two.  

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Yep who needs secondary scoring right? Plus I think I would rather have Jake checking MacKinnon then Little Things Lui. 

Watch which end of the ice Bo's line is in when he has LE on his wing and then when he has Jake on his line. 

See how much pressure LE can sustain in the O'zone. He's not going to do anything but pass it the point if he gets the puck.

And Loui ain’t getting back nearly as fast as Jake.  And Loui ain’t putting fear into the other team.  It’s just a stupid move by Green.  Our players will start questioning these types of coaching decisions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the Canucks are 2 years behind EDM. So, they're getting there.

What turned EDM from pretender to contender? Holland and Tippett.

Smart player moves and good coaching make a big difference  

Do you genuinely believe EDM is better set up longterm than we are?

Do you really think they will challenge for a cup on the backs of Smith and/or Koskinen?

I’m not convinced...

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Soft.  Beagle and Sutter have been terribly soft.  That’s why Green is using Bo’s line more and more in the top defensive matchups.  That was supposed to be Beagle’s and Sutter’s job.  I can’t believe we’re stuck with these two.  

I love Beagle as a 4th line center. We are hurting without him. I don’t find him soft at all. And have no problem having him on the team another year Or two

Sutter was great when he first came back from injury. Hasn’t been as nearly as effective recently. I wonder if he’s been ruined by injuries. Luckily he only has one year left.

Im wondering if Roussel is in decline already. I hope not. But this isn’t the same Rousell of last year or the first week back from injury. This ones a mystery to me especially because I’ve always taken him as guy that wants to win badly

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, nergish said:

Do you genuinely believe EDM is better set up longterm than we are?

Do you really think they will challenge for a cup on the backs of Smith and/or Koskinen?

I’m not convinced...

Not the sure the Oilers will win a Cup, but McDavid will ;)

But seriously, a team with McDavid and Draisaitl will go as far as they take them. I don't think they're ready to compete for the Cup just yet, just like I don't thnk the Canucks are ready to compete in the playoffs just yet. Not unless Markstrom and Boeser come back early, fully recovered, and the Canucks get in. I don't have faith that Demko can get them in. Would love for him to prove me wrong.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I love Beagle as a 4th line center. We are hurting without him. I don’t find him soft at all. And have no problem having him on the team another year Or two

Sutter was great when he first came back from injury. Hasn’t been as nearly as effective recently. I wonder if he’s been ruined by injuries. Luckily he only has one year left.

Im wondering if Roussel is in decline already. I hope not. But this isn’t the same Rousell of last year or the first week back from injury. This ones a mystery to me especially because I’ve always taken him as guy that wants to win badly

IMO we have several really bad contracts with older players, that need to somehow get off the books:  Loui, Sutter, Baer, Benn Rooster, Beagle.  We need to open up these spots for younger and more hungry players.  We are way too easy to play against, and these guys are the worst fir that.  They might be better with a coach they respected/feared.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMO we have several really bad contracts with older players, that need to somehow get off the books:  Loui, Sutter, Baer, Benn Rooster, Beagle.  We need to open up these spots for younger and more hungry players.  We are way too easy to play against, and these guys are the worst fir that.  They might be better with a coach they respected/feared.  

3 of those contract are gone after next year and who knows what will happen with Loui. We aren’t any better off putting younger players in those positions now. Yes Virtanen can play but you’d have to fill those other roster spots with rookies. You know who’s easy to play against for the most part.. rookies.

We are still building Alf. Your probably going to see 2 rookies next year and another 2 the following year. Your wanting a team to be something they are not but in a year or 2 they are going to be a damn good team. I know you’ve been patient for 50years but your going to have to be patient a little longer unfortunately.

The realistic point of view is those guys were signed to help with the young players and hopefully squeak into the playoffs. But there was never an idea that this would be a great contending team until some of those contracts were about to expire or on their last years  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1