The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

3-0 Jets end of 1st period.

The other teams in the division smell blood and unlike the canucks, have upped their game and are fighting every minute of every game. Canucks have  not played like a playoff team for about a month ( boston game was an anomaly) and are in hard to find a solution before they are outside looking in.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

That's The Way, by Led Zep. That'll be my anthem today, instead of the country jingles.

Last time tried was 10 Yrs Gone vs Habs, & it worked. Maybe on to something here?..

I can get behind this.

Shuffle all, let's see where this goes.

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hahaha well Jim has been hit or miss on the signings.  

I think that Beagle was necessary and I don’t mind Roussel, he’s just having a tough year coming back from a serious injury. 

I’m really not a big fan of the Boeser contract though because it puts us in line to lose him for nothing or give him 7.5 mil/year contract 

Boeser's QO will be 7.5 mill. That's if he wants to play 1 year and be RFA again. If he wants to sign multi year deal and he's not worth 7.5 per year they will negotiate long term deal at lower number.

If he's a 6.5 mill player 5 years at 6.5 instead of 1 year at 7.5. It'll be better for BB as well with his injury history he probably would like some long term security instead of signing for just 1 year..

50 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hahaha well Jim has been hit or miss on the signings.  

I think that Beagle was necessary and I don’t mind Roussel, he’s just having a tough year coming back from a serious injury. 

I’m really not a big fan of the Boeser contract though because it puts us in line to lose him for nothing or give him 7.5 mil/year contract 

I think Jim has done a great job, I don't know of a GM who doesn't make a mistake or two

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

That's The Way, by Led Zep. That'll be my anthem today, instead of the country jingles.

Last time tried was 10 Yrs Gone vs Habs, & it worked. Maybe on to something here?..

Don’t know how I’m gonna tell you, 

I can’t play with you no more.

Don’t know if I’m gonna do what Mama told me,

My friend, the boy next door. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I can get behind this.

Shuffle all, let's see where this goes.

Better save Stairway for gm #7 of Finals, eh?!

I recall drivin' round Van a few decades back, about 7 pm(CFOX) Jimmy Page would pop up, "C'mon everybody..it's time to get the Led out!"

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This is the the best learning experience this team is going to go through or have gone through as a team

Marky isn't here to bail out bad mistakes 

Totally agree.

Canuck nation wants to see playoff hockey again and it's tough to watch important points being thrown away but those who've not seen playoff style hockey are experiencing the harder, tougher, more desperate hockey that comes with fighting for the post season. It will be valuable knowledge moving forward.

JB is also garnering valuable information about the team and where improvements need to be made.

Like every other Nuck fan, I to want to see playoffs return to Vancouver but, if we're not ready, we're not ready and another year of development will be necessary.

I must say, however, it's been a fun season and watching important hockey, this late in the season is a refreshing change.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Better save Stairway for gm #7 of Finals, eh?!

I recall drivin' round Van a few decades back, about 7 pm(CFOX) Jimmy Page would pop up, "C'mon everybody..it's time to get the Led out!"

Well first song up was

Edit - how apropos 

Edited by luckylager
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Wait is Any team in the West out of the playoffs race?

The Canucks have their fate in their own hands. Let’s see what they do. 

The  Nucks were in first place with a 9 point cushion 2 weeks ago.  They are now tied with a bunch of teams for the last wild card spot.   You will have to excuse those of us who lack confidence in their ability to control their own destiny.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

and I am not saying it doesn't happen, but when it does it usually just stalls a GM firing 

AV was in contract heck with everybody on a NTC , Green is in a similar spot with Loui, Balls and Rooster

Jim has replaced the NTC with untradable high $ contracts the effect is similar

If Jim did not trade for Miller last summer many would be calling for his head

Just as Gillis should never be aloud near a draft table again, Jim should not be aloud near July 1!

I am digressing into GM rant,

I don't think Green is near as good a coach as AV was or is

THe thing is about people saying a GM does not get to fire 2 coaches, Jim never fired Willie, we could just pretend Willie was finished

Worked pretty well for St Louis last year :lol:

The guys you're complaining about are all gone the next two years. I'm perfectly fine with JB's July 1

Hard to say how Green compares to AV until he gets a similar quality team to coach in its prime. They're definitely different though

Edited by aGENT

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Boeser's QO will be 7.5 mill. That's if he wants to play 1 year and be RFA again. If he wants to sign multi year deal and he's not worth 7.5 per year they will negotiate long term deal at lower number.

If he's a 6.5 mill player 5 years at 6.5 instead of 1 year at 7.5. It'll be better for BB as well with his injury history he probably would like some long term security instead of signing for just 1 year..

Really?  Then I could be wrong on the whole situation.  It didn't occur to me that he could accept a longer term deal at a lower amount as I was just thinking of the qualifying offer.  

It doesn't seem likely though as Canucks will be under the gun and it won't pay Boeser to settle for a deal instead of getting 7.5 mil for one year and then going to free agency.  

BTW, don't we all want at least one more year of Jim Benning's drafting?  

Win or lose, make the playoffs or not, I want Jim Benning to handle the draft at the very least.  I know we won't have a 2nd round pick (hopefully not a 1st either) but he's great at finding gems in the later rounds.  

All you people complaining about Benning should wash your dirty mouth with some soap!  ;) 

All I want for Easter, Santa Bunny, is for Canucks to be still playing meaningful games ;) 

Okay question for you other early birds in the GDT:  If Tryamkin and Jim Benning come together on a deal, what term do you think will get it done at what price?  I'm going to give you some comparables in terms of size and age with their current season totals displayed.  

Colorado AvalancheCOL 24 D Left 62 4 9 13                       RFA $3,200,000 $3,200,000
Dallas StarsDAL 26 D Left 67 3 7 10                       UFA $2,137,500 $1,962,500
New York IslandersNYI 26 D Right 65 5 8 13                       UFA $1,450,000 $1,200,000