The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

BTW, don't we all want at least one more year of Jim Benning's drafting?  

Win or lose, make the playoffs or not, I want Jim Benning to handle the draft at the very least.  I know we won't have a 2nd round pick (hopefully not a 1st either) but he's great at finding gems in the later rounds.  

All you people complaining about Benning should wash your dirty mouth with some soap!  ;) 

JB better not be going anywhere, there's a caveat, but I'm not gonna bother at this point.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

All I want for Easter, Santa Bunny, is for Canucks to be still playing meaningful games ;) 

Okay question for you other early birds in the GDT:  If Tryamkin and Jim Benning come together on a deal, what term do you think will get it done at what price?  I'm going to give you some comparables in terms of size and age with their current season totals displayed.  

Colorado AvalancheCOL 24 D Left 62 4 9 13                       RFA $3,200,000 $3,200,000
Dallas StarsDAL 26 D Left 67 3 7 10                       UFA $2,137,500 $1,962,500
New York IslandersNYI 26 D Right 65 5 8 13                       UFA $1,450,000 $1,200,000

Not sure how Tram could ask for anything more than Oleksiak, on a two year deal.

17 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Really?  Then I could be wrong on the whole situation.  It didn't occur to me that he could accept a longer term deal at a lower amount as I was just thinking of the qualifying offer.  

It doesn't seem likely though as Canucks will be under the gun and it won't pay Boeser to settle for a deal instead of getting 7.5 mil for one year and then going to free agency.  

2 more years after this. I'm not really worried, too many variable. He might score 40+ goals per year next 2 years, or get traded. 

If Demko wants to take that next step, he needs to settle down and not over-think things. There's a difference between being a back-up and being the go-to guy. There's no fall-back. 

When your goalie is your back-up and let's in an early soft one it puts more pressure on the forwards to defend. That also makes them tentative. This time of year is the worst time for that to be happening. Our guys have to settle down and focus on their own game and not team-mates.

If we can get over that hump, I think we can get back to a confident game and be in a better position to compete and win enough to squeak in.

Canucks win 4-3.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Edited by RWMc1
  • Vintage 1