The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

29 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I would not be able to post with a twig in my eye 

and how would I ever manage to get a twig in my eye? 

and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. The World English Bible translates the passage as: You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

of all the weird things Gillis did in Vancouver those are what bug you most?

How about naming Luongo Captain or that horrible contract?

But Sundin, Grabner and Sturm? 

Even Willie, man I loved Willie Mitchell, I was at the game when he got hurt, but he was in danger of becoming Brandon Sutter, he missed 25 games his first year in LA and the whole season 2 years later.

Like I said I liked Willie, but kudos to Gillis for not getting all sentimental and overpaying a guy who might have been a boat anchor. Gillis signed enough bad contracts, but not as many as Jim. Willie just was not one of them.

And good for Willie for making it back into the league, the odds were against him.

Gillis offered Mitchell a one year deal.  It's not like Hamhuis at the end of his Canuck career where he didn't even get an offer.  Kings could afford to take a chance on offering Willie a multi-year deal (because at the time they were a rebuilding club).  

• Huggy Bear 1

34 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah the Panthers are pretty much a gong show.

they are a weird team.

first look at all the good GMs they have had

then they boot Talon upstairs and replace him with Rowe

While TO and Zona go young and new age, Fla goes Old and new age with Rowe

then they boot Rowe downstairs or sideways  but keep both him and Talon,

after Rowe fires Gallant

BUt compare that to all the trepidition in Canuckville about "not being able to attract free agents" etc if we trade one who doesn't work out

Florida fires Gallant and hires Joel Q

and the team is still terrible

It must be the hockey players (past and present) dream to live in Fla

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They have alot of injuries.  Rantanen, Makar, Kadri, Burakovsky, Calvert and Grubauer.  They're ripe to be beaten.  

omg, they aren't dressing a zamboni driver tomo are they?

we'll be doomed 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They have alot of injuries.  Rantanen, Makar, Kadri, Burakovsky, Calvert and Grubauer.  They're ripe to be beaten.  

But despite the injuries, they are atill 7-1-2 in their last 10. Talk about players stepping up.

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Thought that about Columbus and Toronto. Nobody is an easy win, especially with the way we’ve been playing. This team needs to play everyone as if they’re playing the best team in the league. No letting up, no slow starts. 

39 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Contrary to popular belief, positive posts on CDC regarding the team changes nothing as well. So it's just as much a waste of energy. 

Of course the teams play is in the eye of the beholder. So why cant someone post something negative about it without some high horse riding cdc member getting on their case about negativity? 

I dont see many people going around telling others they're being too positive. Why is this a one way street? 

It's not okay for me to post negatively about the teams performance, but it's okay for someone to post negatively about my posts?

Doesn't seem right. 

Keep it civil folks. I'll be removing anything over the line or straying too far into trolling territory. Take a break if you need to, and post when you're in a better frame of mind. 

25 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I don’t think a Kesler/Cooke comparison is fair.

Kesler was a pest 

Cooke almost ended careers 

Kind of my point. It's a night for celebration and he's had his moments of glory in a Canuck uniform. Surely overlooking whatever negatives you feel about him (much like for Kesler) can be done for a night to celebrate said moments (unless we need to hear a sob story about how he fears the reaction of the crowd could ruin his night to feel sympathy towards him). He clearly cherished his time as a Canuck is coming back for this event .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Thought that about Columbus and Toronto. Nobody is an easy win, especially with the way we’ve been playing. This team needs to play everyone as if they’re playing the best team in the league. No letting up, no slow starts. 

We might be due for a good start.

Seem to have one every 6 or 7 games.

37 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont see many people going around telling others they're being too positive.

"Take off your rose coloured glasses", "keep drinking the Kool aid", etc. It does go both ways.

Like most things, you take the most negative posts and the most positive posts and generally what's really happening is somewhere in the middle.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Well I didn't say it would be easy....only that in their present state, they're beatable.  Just trying to stay positive.....

6 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Well, now that we are officially on the outside looking in, perhaps we will start playing with some desperation and angst.  Going to need it tomorrow. GCG!

We’re in the second wild card spot on account of games played.

But they need to play like they are.

9 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Well, now that we are officially on the outside looking in, perhaps we will start playing with some desperation and angst.  Going to need it tomorrow. GCG!

With games in hand we are still in the second wildcard spot so not quite on the outs so don’t expect too much desperation.

Edited by Dumb Nuck