The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

37 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Anyone else still waiting for their refund?

U should have gotten it 30 days from the date u submit.. 

kinda weird Canucks want full payment starting in sept when we know the season won’t start till Jan (Probavly half season). And there won’t be fans for next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

U should have gotten it 30 days from the date u submit.. 

kinda weird Canucks want full payment starting in sept when we know the season won’t start till Jan (Probavly half season). And there won’t be fans for next season.

Don't forget that normally we start paying 7 months before the beginning of the regular season (First payment in March for a regular season that starts in October).

I'm out until the virus is gone or is stopped by a vaccine. I'm not advancing thousands of dollars just to get an interest free refund in several months. I'm not a bank. I know It's not the Canucks' fault but I can't do this.

• Like 1

Yah I won't be opting in either. 

Before the pandemic, all the games weren't selling out anyways and a big chunk of the fans at games were from opposing teams (out of town too). I highly doubt there's going to be full stadiums come January. This is just ownership trying to squeeze every dollar out of season ticket holders as usual.

They seem to think they're doing a great job by not increasing the prices for the coming season, but the reality is, the price was already inflated by quite a bit (lack of sell outs and big opposing fan attendance should be a clear sign to ownership). I can't go to all the games so I hope to resell at least half of my tickets, but I wasn't even able to make back money on Toronto/Montreal games in December (which wasn't even a sell-out for the first time). I couldn't even give away tickets for free for a couple of games (Florida and CBJ)

Sorry for the rant, but the fact of the matter is, most people(canuck fans) couldn't afford to go to the games and would rather just watch on TV or at the bar/restaurant before COVID. Now with the pandemic, are they expecting attendance to be better? It's an absolute joke.

It makes me sad to think about it, the culture at the games isn't what it used to be, I know the new young core is exciting, but the Canucks have priced out their fans (the younger ones have moved farther away because of the general economics of Vancouver), and the culture at the games as a result isn't as exciting with a quarter of the stadium empty, and another quarter being opposing fans. I remember a time where they didn't need drummers every whistle to try and excite the crowd.

I'm done being a STH after a decade, and hope you guys are smart enough to stop letting them take advantage of you. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Anyone else still waiting for their refund?

They said 4-6 weeks from the day you request it, and the deadline was June 3. So assuming someone submitted it on the last day (June 3) then they might still be waiting.

I requested my refund on May 13 and I got an e-mail from them on June 16 saying it was being processed and it was in my account on June 18. So about 5 weeks

If it has been 6+ weeks and you haven't heard anything then I would phone them.

I also got the renewal email tonight. I want to stay a member for now, but I don't want to put 5% down. I guess I might renew 1 ticket and then I can always add more back later on. Or just not renew and tell my rep I will pay when they announce a schedule and a season. I am glad they are offering fully refundable payments but it still ties up money and loses interest for god knows how long. I assume if you ask for a refund your account is instantly terminated.

• Like 1

Yeah I just can’t do it.

I work in tourism and my job is completely dependent on having the border open and we have no clue when that is. 

I can’t spend several hundred dollars a month right now on something that is a complete unknown. 

I will gladly go to the first game back, but I can’t fathom that a lot of people will be willing to pay any money right now when so many people are out of work and have bigger priorities. 

As we’ve seen, who knows how long it would take to even get a refund back, even if you did manage to make a couple payments. 

• Like 1

I read somewhere, that the best case scenario for the NHL, is a full 82 game season starting in January 2021. That means hockey games in June, July and August. Some of them being regular season games. Are you interested to go to a regular season game, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, at the end of June, between your Vancouver Canucks and .....the Carolina Hurricanes? Sounds exciting huh? We have so few beautiful days in Vancouver in a year, especially in 2020.... I won't lose one of them just to watch an indoor hockey game, especially one of 82.  If you're not interested to go to that game, not a lot of people will be, I'm afraid. 

No doubt that my representative will call me, after July 24. My answer will be, until the situation is again normal, meaning the virus is dead and the regular season ends at the beginning of April with the playoffs immediately following, I'm just not interested. Period. Too bad if I lose my seniority and my seats. They are not worth the investment right now. Sometimes, I need to take my decisions based on facts and logic, using my head not my heart.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I also got the renewal email tonight. I want to stay a member for now, but I don't want to put 5% down. I guess I might renew 1 ticket and then I can always add more back later on. Or just not renew and tell my rep I will pay when they announce a schedule and a season. I am glad they are offering fully refundable payments but it still ties up money and loses interest for god knows how long. I assume if you ask for a refund your account is instantly terminated.

i went from 2 seats full season down to 1 seat 1/4 pack just to remain a member 

• Like 1

I can hardly wear a mask for more than 5 minutes before I start feeling very uncomfortable. I will never attend a sporting event if we need to wear a mask for 3 hours whether it's mandatory or for our own protection since social distancing will be impossible. I would 100% prefer watching from my living room without a mask.

• Like 1

Some of the NFL teams are starting to announce that they are cancelling all season tickets and deferring them to 2021. The Baltimore Ravens announced that their capacity will be reduced from 62,000 tickets a game to less than 14,000 a game.

2020 RAVENS SEASON TICKETS TO BE DEFERRED

INDIVIDUAL TICKETS TO BE MADE AVAILABLE ONCE NEW

SEATING MANIFEST IS SET WITH UPDATED CAPACITY

We thank you for the incredible patience and support you have shown our organization over the last four months, as we’ve all continued to adjust to the difficult effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on everyday life.

With much hope, we have been preparing for a 2020 season that will allow us the opportunity to play in front of fans at M&T Bank Stadium. However, if we are permitted under state and local government rules/regulations to have fans attend our games, it has become clear that a significantly reduced seating capacity is necessary.

Based on the social distancing guidelines and fan safety protocols developed by health experts, governmental officials and the NFL, we expect that the capacity – if fans are allowed – would be fewer than 14,000 seats per game.

Even if it is legally permissible to attend games this season, we also recognize that some PSL holders might feel uncomfortable doing so. For these reasons – and because of the unique circumstances currently surrounding each NFL community – we are taking the following actions that will impact all ticket purchasers in 2020:

• Final season ticket payments due on July 15 are no longer required. Remaining payment plan charges will not be made.
• Season tickets for 2020 will be deferred to 2021.
• All 2020 season ticket seat locations will be protected, and the same seats will be offered for renewal in 2021.
• Credits for funds paid toward the 2020 season to date will be applied to accounts and can be used toward renewal for next season or toward future ticket purchases, or a refund can be requested.
• Current 2020 single-game ticket sales will be discontinued, and refunds will be issued to fans who have already made purchases.

With over 62,000 season tickets already sold, there is no equitable way to accommodate in a limited stadium capacity all PSL Owners who are interested in maintaining season tickets for 2020.

Once an updated seating manifest is finalized, 2020 individual game ticket sales will resume, with PSL Owners receiving a priority opportunity to purchase in advance of any public sale. More single-game ticket information, including an on-sale date, will be made available at a later time.

• Like 1

Dear x,

Thank you for your continued support as a valued Seahawks Season Ticket Holder. As planning continues for the 2020 season, there have been numerous reports recently speculating on the NFL schedule and stadium capacities.

We are continuing to follow all local public health, CDC and government mandates, as well as NFL policy, to ensure the safety and well-being of all of our fans, players and staff. League owners recently voted to approve that the first eight rows at each stadium will be unavailable to fans this season to allow for proper on-field distancing of our players, coaches and staff. While there is still much to be determined, we will continue to communicate with you as additional details for the season are confirmed.

In light of today’s uncertainty, we would like to offer Season Ticket Holders the option to pause season ticket membership and either request a refund for the 2020 season or keep credit on account for 2021 renewal. Please let us know your preference by completing the form below:

1. PAUSE YOUR SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIP
  • One-year deferral + request a refund for your 2020 payment or keep credit on account for 2021 renewal.
  • This will pause your season ticket membership and your seats will be released for the 2020 season only.
  • You will retain the ability to purchase same seating location in 2021 subject to state and local public health, CDC and government mandates, as well as NFL and team policy.
  • Refunds will be applied to your most recently used card(s).
  • Please allow 4-6 weeks for your refund to be processed.
2. WAIT AND SEE
  • Keep credit on account as we confirm details and government mandates for the 2020 season.
  • No changes will be made to your season ticket membership at this time.
  • If stadium capacity or game schedule changes occur you will still have priority for ticket options.
  • Any unused credits from 2020 will roll over to 2021 season ticket renewal or, upon request, be refunded.
Edited by Curt
Link

Seems like the NFL are way ahead of the NHL when it comes to communicating with their members. They need to get their stuff together quickly. Pre-season hockey is supposed to start in like 2 months. I mean obviously we know that isn't going to happen, but they need to let fans know their plans.

I personally can't see them doing hockey in the summer. I think their current plan is going to be a shortened season like the lockout year. Basically 41 games starting in January, the normal playoffs. Then hopefully the season returns to normal in Fall 2021.

Edited by DonaldBrashear

12 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Seems like the NFL are way ahead of the NHL when it comes to communicating with their members. They need to get their stuff together quickly. Pre-season hockey is supposed to start in like 2 months. I mean obviously we know that isn't going to happen, but they need to let fans know their plans.

I personally can't see them doing hockey in the summer. I think their current plan is going to be a shortened season like the lockout year. Basically 41 games starting in January, the normal playoffs. Then hopefully the season returns to normal in Fall 2021.

they are looking to start the season dec 1 2019

My friend, back east, has 4 New England Patriots season tickets. They received an email yesterday. The Patriots don't know yet how many fans will be authorized to attend games but if there are any, masks will be mandatory as well as social distance. NFL games last near 3 hours and a half. You are about 4 hours in the stadium. I know that it's for our protection but when I wear a mask, I start feeling like I desperately need air after only 15 minutes. Attending sporting events sounds really fun now huh? Cheering, yelling for my team with a mask. Nobody will hear me from 2 rows. Talk to your friend, the entire event wearing both a mask... Again nobody's fault. I have no alternative to propose. I just don't see myself be a part of this. Some people might go once and find the experience so depressing that they won't come back until life is back to normal.

I'm afraid that tough times are ahead for the sports industry. I wouldn't be surprised if some teams don't survive this including the entire CFL. The Kansas City Chiefs gave Mahomes 503 Million, most of it guaranteed. I don't get it. Not right now.

3 hours ago, Curt said:

My friend, back east, has 4 New England Patriots season tickets. They received an email yesterday. The Patriots don't know yet how many fans will be authorized to attend games but if there are any, masks will be mandatory as well as social distance. NFL games last near 3 hours and a half. You are about 4 hours in the stadium. I know that it's for our protection but when I wear a mask, I start feeling like I desperately need air after only 15 minutes. Attending sporting events sounds really fun now huh? Cheering, yelling for my team with a mask. Nobody will hear me from 2 rows. Talk to your friend, the entire event wearing both a mask... Again nobody's fault. I have no alternative to propose. I just don't see myself be a part of this. Some people might go once and find the experience so depressing that they won't come back until life is back to normal.

I'm afraid that tough times are ahead for the sports industry. I wouldn't be surprised if some teams don't survive this including the entire CFL. The Kansas City Chiefs gave Mahomes 503 Million, most of it guaranteed. I don't get it. Not right now.

If people are socially distanced in the stands, I don't see why masks would be mandatory in the seats. I imagine the concourse and the like would be where it would be mandatory. I mean they've gotta be expecting you to buy food and beer and how else would you be able to indulge without taking your mask off.

Less people spilling beer on you too. It's definitely going to take an adjustment period to see what works and what doesn't. Perhaps less yelling and utilize other noisemakers of some sort.

For the BC Lions (and Whitecaps) at least, I think they could get the same amount of fans they normally get by opening the upper deck at BC Place.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

If people are socially distanced in the stands, I don't see why masks would be mandatory in the seats. I imagine the concourse and the like would be where it would be mandatory. I mean they've gotta be expecting you to buy food and beer and how else would you be able to indulge without taking your mask off.

Less people spilling beer on you too. It's definitely going to take an adjustment period to see what works and what doesn't. Perhaps less yelling and utilize other noisemakers of some sort.

For the BC Lions (and Whitecaps) at least, I think they could get the same amount of fans they normally get by opening the upper deck at BC Place.

They will not sell beer or alcohol this season in the NFL. Their offers of food and non-alcohol drinks will also be extremely limited. Some teams announced that their stadiums will be cashless. Seattle is one of them.

The social distancing is between the different groups that are together (Maximum 10 people). If you have 2 or 4 tickets (Maximum 10), you can all sit together (Masks still mandatory). You will be 6 feet away from the next group of 10 (or less).

I know that this is the NFL, but I would expect the NHL to just do the same. 

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

They will not sell beer or alcohol this season in the NFL. Their offers of food and non-alcohol drinks will also be extremely limited. Some teams announced that their stadiums will be cashless. Seattle is one of them.

The social distancing is between the different groups that are together (Maximum 10 people). If you have 2 or 4 tickets (Maximum 10), you can all sit together (Masks still mandatory). You will be 6 feet away from the next group of 10 (or less).

I know that this is the NFL, but I would expect the NHL to just do the same. 

All makes sense except the masks when you're in your own group. Limited food and drinks will still have to be indulged somehow and the safest place would seem to be in your own bubble with your group, which would give some leeway of mask wearing once you're in your zone.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked my two free 2020 playoff towels and while the graphics are good the material is pretty thin.  I much prefer the old thicker Terry cloth version as it absorbs more Tear-Gas than the newer ones probably will.  (I speak from Experience!!!)