The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

5 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Well, it was a fun ride. Tomorrow is probably going to be the biggest day in the drop of the stock market too. It's crazy out there...

I transferred a bunch of cash to my trading account.  I'm lucky it hasn't got there yet.

Edited by BCNeil

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

I transferred a bunch of cash to my trading account.  I'm lucky it hasn't got there yet.

Same here. I have shown amazing restraint. Had my finger on the buy button all day today wanting to push it but chickened out. I think we are legitimately headed for a 50% drop now though, like, Dow jones at 15k. Wrong forum to be discussing this but yeah... I kind of knew this was coming, as I have a major in Sociology and I enjoy studying populations and their behaviours and how people react to things. Once I saw the toilet paper going off the shelves and there wasn't even a single confirmed case in BC I knew it was all over.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Same here. I have shown amazing restraint. Had my finger on the buy button all day today wanting to push it but chickened out. I think we are legitimately headed for a 50% drop now though, like, Dow jones at 15k. Wrong forum to be discussing this but yeah... I kind of knew this was coming, as I have a major in Sociology and I enjoy studying populations and their behaviours and how people react to things. Once I saw the toilet paper going off the shelves and there wasn't even a single confirmed case in BC I knew it was all over.

I still don't get the toilet paper craze.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I still don't get the toilet paper craze.

My theory behind it is that toilet paper is the largest item physically you can buy in a store, and so only so many fit on a shelf. It doesn't take much to clear out an entire shelf (just like 100 people buying 2 each). On the other hand you can fit like 10,000 cans of soup in the same space, so they don't go as quickly. The media loves a good story so they take shots of the empty toilet paper aisles and then it causes panic buying for no reason.

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

My theory behind it is that toilet paper is the largest item physically you can buy in a store, and so only so many fit on a shelf. It doesn't take much to clear out an entire shelf (just like 100 people buying 2 each). On the other hand you can fit like 10,000 cans of soup in the same space, so they don't go as quickly. The media loves a good story so they take shots of the empty toilet paper aisles and then it causes panic buying for no reason.

That makes total sense, if 10% of people that go to costco usually buy toilet paper, and that increases to 20%, shelf will empty fast with large items.

western first round......dallas vs colorado......st louis vs calgary.....vegas vs nashville.....edmonton vs vancouver

Given everything that is going on, I wonder if the Canucks will delay taking payment on deposits for next year or will move forward with Business as usual on this front.  I assume the deposit will go ahead as scheduled on March 16th and they will re-assess on payments for the rest of the year later.

45 minutes ago, Hockeyrulz said:

Given everything that is going on, I wonder if the Canucks will delay taking payment on deposits for next year or will move forward with Business as usual on this front.  I assume the deposit will go ahead as scheduled on March 16th and they will re-assess on payments for the rest of the year later.

I think they will be too busy to deal with new deposits for awhile 

I only have 3 games left that I have sold.  2 In person and one through Ticketexchange in which I already have received and deposited the cheque.

Have contacted the two people I have sold to directly and am arranging meeting up to refund them and get the hard copies back for now.

Not quite sure how the TicketExchange sale will work at this point.

10 minutes ago, Hockeyrulz said:

I only have 3 games left that I have sold.  2 In person and one through Ticketexchange in which I already have received and deposited the cheque.

Have contacted the two people I have sold to directly and am arranging meeting up to refund them and get the hard copies back for now.

Just keep in mind that the season has not technically been canceled yet. The Canucks very well could reschedule these games later on, in which case the tickets might be valid. That is unlikely though. If you do refund the money, make sure they give you back the hard copy tickets (I know you said you would, this is for anyone else thinking of refunding tickets) that way if the event goes on as planned they can't use the tix.

This really sucks for ticket resale sites. Again, what a mess. Stubhub is overwheled their phone lines have several hours long wait times.

25 minutes ago, Hockeyrulz said:

Same thing happened to me when a football game in Buffalo was moved to Detroit because of a snow storm. Ticketmaster will reimburse their client and they will ask you to reimburse them. I was able to pay by credit card.

46 minutes ago, Curt said:

Same thing happened to me when a football game in Buffalo was moved to Detroit because of a snow storm. Ticketmaster will reimburse their client and they will ask you to reimburse them. I was able to pay by credit card.

Good to know.

Thanks for the info.