The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

Dr Bonnie Henry says NHL games could be "safely" played in Vancouver

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/dr-bonnie-henry-vancouver-host-games-canucks

“We would certainly have a strong interest in hosting games in Vancouver if the NHL decides to move forward with the hub city scenario, provided the plan is in accordance with guidelines set by health authorities and the provincial government,” said Canucks COO Trent Carroll in a statement provided to Daily Hive. “For the time being we will continue to have dialogue with all stakeholders and assess feedback and information as it becomes available prior to any decision.”

"In a memo sent to the 32 teams by commissioner Roger Goodell and obtained by The Associated Press on Tuesday, a uniform baseline for full refunds on any tickets purchased directly from the clubs was prepared.

Goodell wrote that "all clubs will have in place a policy under which, if a game is cancelled, or is played under conditions that prohibit fans from attending, anyone purchasing a ticket directly from the club (i.e., season tickets, group sales and/or partial season plans) will have the option of either receiving a full refund or applying the amount paid toward a future ticket purchase directly from the club"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29139540/memo-nfl-formulates-ticket-refund-policy-amid-plans-normal-season

The NFL showing leadership, being pro-active and doing the right thing. They are definitely head and shoulders above the NHL.....

• Like 1

Montreal and the Leafs announced their policy for their non played 2019-2020 home games. The Canadiens give you 2 choices: 1- Full refund or 2- 150% credit towards the 2020-2021 season.If I understand correctly, if you select the 150% credit, they also cancel the increase for the next season.

Edited by Curt
Forgot something
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Montreal and the Leafs announced their policy for their non played 2019-2020 home games. The Canadiens give you 2 choices: 1- Full refund or 2- 150% credit towards the 2020-2021 season.If I understand correctly, if you select the 150% credit, they also cancel the increase for the next season.

Seems reasonable, but I doubt there would be an increase of ticket prices here. Mtl/TO pass season tickets down to family members but in Vcr I predict sales will be tough enough without thinking of an increase. There's a lot of private and corporate loss of capital and hockey tickets are not a must in the budget

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Seems reasonable, but I doubt there would be an increase of ticket prices here. Mtl/TO pass season tickets down to family members but in Vcr I predict sales will be tough enough without thinking of an increase. There's a lot of private and corporate loss of capital and hockey tickets are not a must in the budget

The Canucks would need to cancel their increase for the next season then because they had already announced, before Covid-19, that season tickets prices were going up for the 2020-2021 season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

The Canucks would need to cancel their increase for the next season then because they had already announced, before Covid-19, that season tickets prices were going up for the 2020-2021 season.

Wow I never heard that. There was know mention when I put down my deposit.

• Like 1

Silence from the Canucks so far. Waiting to hear what they do. The 150% refund is not enough to get me to renew because next season is going to be very low demand. I don't want to lose a bunch of money on tickets I can't resell. Could see some pretty low attendance next season..

16 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Silence from the Canucks so far. Waiting to hear what they do. The 150% refund is not enough to get me to renew because next season is going to be very low demand. I don't want to lose a bunch of money on tickets I can't resell. Could see some pretty low attendance next season..

You were not on auto-renew? You were paying the $100 finance fee? Wise move if the answer is yes. I am on auto-renew. The deadline was March 16. I did nothing. We paid zero so far but my understanding is it's too late to pull out unless playing dirty and closing my credit card account. At the same time, if I do that, the Canucks will keep my refund.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

You were not on auto-renew? You were paying the $100 finance fee? Wise move if the answer is yes. I am on auto-renew. The deadline was March 16. I did nothing. We paid zero so far but my understanding is it's too late to pull out unless playing dirty and closing my credit card account. At the same time, if I do that, the Canucks will keep my refund.

I emailed them in early March and cancelled auto-renew. But I don't think it matters. I don't think anyone was "renewed" on March 16th. No charges were made. Also, if the season is different and only starts in November or December they will need to give people the option to cancel. Forcing it down throats would do nothing but result in lawsuits and anger and people would not come back in 2021. I think kindness is the way for them to go here, not forcing people to renew.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Only a matter of time now. I expect to hear something this week about options.

im not sure what the hold up is , they had 2 months to figure something out , i went from full to ice pack next year just before all this started, hopefully my remaining games will pay it off

• Like 1

2 obvious choices: Refund immediately or credit to the 2020-2021 season.

The perks to choose the credit instead of the refund are:

1- Double Food and beverage credit ($400 instead of $200). Not a big deal for me.....

2- They cancel the increase. (A total of $80 for me but if there is no 2020-2021 season what's the point).

3- No Additional down-payment needed for now. (There are in no position to collect money right now anyway)

4- No payment fees plan (It doesn't impact me at all)

I think that I will take the money back now. I got screwed $3300 USD by VRBO because of Covid-19, same thing with 2 Airline companies who owe me $2400 CAD and they just want to give me a non refundable and non transferable credit with an expiry date. My trust of corporations is extremely extremely low right now. A lot can be included in bankruptcies.....

What you guy are doing?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

2 obvious choices: Refund immediately or credit to the 2020-2021 season.

The perks to choose the credit instead of the refund are:

1- Double Food and beverage credit ($400 instead of $200). Not a big deal for me.....

2- They cancel the increase. (A total of $80 for me but if there is no 2020-2021 season what's the point).

3- No Additional down-payment needed for now. (There are in no position to collect money right now anyway)

4- No payment fees plan (It doesn't impact me at all)

I think that I will take the money back now. I got screwed $3300 USD by VRBO because of Covid-19, same thing with 2 Airline companies who owe me $2400 CAD and they just want to give me a non refundable and non transferable credit with an expiry date. My trust of corporations is extremely extremely low right now. A lot can be included in bankruptcies.....

What you guy are doing?

I’m going to put it towards next season, I only got 11 game pack , but when the season comes back they still owe me a benefit from this season , so I’m going to try and get something out of it next year 

• Like 1

I am getting a full refund, no doubt about it. Those perks are not very good. If you add up the total perks it really doesn't equal much. Like Curt broke it down, basically you are saving around $280, but the food and beverage credit of $200 only costs them like $50 maybe (because their food is marked up 75% at least). So they are basically giving us $120 to not take the refund. I already have money on my food and beverage card which is going to go to waste.

I am not even sure if I will renew my package at this point. I think I am done.

To anyone considering applying your deposit to future package, before you do it I urge you to consider the followng:

#1) There is no rush. No need to do it today, or tomorrow. No deadline. Sleep on it.

#2) Be aware your money could be locked up for years. If there is no 20.21 season, it could be held until, theoretically, September 2021. That means your money is tied up for like 17 months.

#3)  By accepting the offer, you are agreeing to renew your package and even if there is a season it will likely be very low demand. If you plan to resell tickets be warned that this next season will likely see extremely low resale prices.

#4) The offers are likely to get BETTER, not worse. Never take the first offer. "In chess, the pawns go first". The Canucks are begging you to accept this and lock in right away. I am willing to bet that if you take the refund now, you can negotiate a better deal later. The more people who take refunds and don't renew = more perks that will be given out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Per my above post, there is a deadline - June 3. And if you don't pick an option by then, they apply it towards next season by default. So make sure you pick an option by June 3.

Please indicate your preference by Wednesday, June 3 2020. Should you not choose either of the above options by this date, we will automatically apply your 2019.20 credit to the 2020.21 season, and provide you with the new 2020.21 membership benefits.

• Like 1

We've received your request to refund your 2019.20 Membership credit to your original method of payment. You should receive your refund within the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Over the coming weeks, we will send you further information regarding your 2020.21 Season Ticket Membership renewal including an updated invoice reflective of your pricing adjustment, instructions on how to hold your seats for next season, and full details about the new flexible payment options if that is of interest to you.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to your account representative, or email us at membership.info@canucks.com.

From all of us at Canucks Sports and Entertainment, thank you for your continued support as a valued Season Ticket Member.

Sincerely,

Your Vancouver Canucks

Dr. Henry was pretty clear. No Canucks games (with a crowd) until there is a vaccine. Well, unless you think that a vaccine will arrive soon, there is zero reason of asking for a credit. All incentives would disappear at the same time as an eventual 2020-2021 season in empty arenas.