The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henri Richard passes away

Rate this topic

57 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

whatever. first of all I used the lol disclaimer, and you have to admit. Lorne Jr. is no "Gump". 

i was joking too, haha. we're good. Hanging out with the son of a HOF goaling is a lot closer to fame than I've ever gotten.

• Cheers 1

5' 7"/160 lbs of pure heart.... he never quit in a game, never stopped fighting.

The original Honey Badger.

Think Cliff Ronning with a LOT more speed and the grit of someone a lot bigger.

More points than his brother the 'Rocket'... led the league in assists a number of times.

He drank from the Cup more than anyone... or anyone ever will.

Henri-Richard-Montreal-Canadiens-Stanley

His finest moment was in the twilight of his career the 1971 Cup Finals where he scored twice, including the winner in a 3-2 Game 7 victory.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Like 1

Sad to hear the Pocket Rocket passed. What a classy guy. I think the last Cup he won was legendary. Habs were losing the Cup finals and Al MacNeil sits the Pocket. After losing Game #5 the Pocket explodes in th3 dressing room and calls MacNeil the worst coach he had played for. Word was he slapped MacNeil across the face. Habs won the last two games with Richard scoring the Cup winner. MacNeil never coached in the NHL again.

i met Richard in the Vancouver airport back in the ‘90’s. Looked great. I thanked him for the years of entertainment. He was very shy and obviously a quality person. RIP Join your teammates.

• Thanks 1