The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He hands his hands full. If he succeeds he could re-sign everyone and bring in a couple pieces that could really help us.

If Ferland comes back that's a guy who brings in a extremely good physical presence, protects our stars and provides some secondary scoring. If he doesn't that's 3.5M in cap but he's the type of player we need so I am hoping for him.

Another possibility is tryamkin returning this season, his team is down 0-3 in the playoffs and could be eliminated on Sunday. That wouldn’t bring a physical edge to our forward group but it sure would bring a big physical presence on the back end. It’s gonna be interesting to see what happens with that in the coming weeks. He’s also eligible to be signed by canucks as soon as his team is eliminated.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Isn’t Tryamkin only one game away from being available down 3  to 0  games in the KHL playoffs now ? 

According to Dhaliwal, Tryamkin cannot play in the NHL this season.  He didn't explain why.  Just no.  

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Jake is going to have to up his game to stick on the big line with Bo. I love what he brings but still not sure if he reads the game well enough yet to be relied on when a game or series is on the line. 

Nice try.  Oh Habs suck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I liked Sutter but he's a shell of his former self. Prior to his injuries he was a pretty good defender and provided secondary scoring but offense seems to die with him now and Beagle has been better than him defensively.

Yeah I’ve gone  to the bat for the guy so many times. Still believe he has value when the pressure starts to build but honestly his overall player has been so average of late that I don’t know what role he fills on the team anymore. Even his penalty killing hasn’t looked super strong lately. Maybe he’s nursing something. Who knows. 

Just now, Petey40 said:

Another possibility is tryamkin returning this season, his team is down 0-3 in the playoffs and could be eliminated on Sunday. That wouldn’t bring a physical edge to our forward group but it sure would bring a big physical presence on the back end. It’s gonna be interesting to see what happens with that in the coming weeks. He’s also eligible to be signed by canucks as soon as his team is eliminated.

Yeah for sure we are missing that on D. JB brought in Benn to do that but he's been a disappointment. He was an average top 6 D though and we paid him 2M according.

Bring in a Tryamkin and sign a Dillon/Edmundson and we'd have a killer top 6.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, bad alice french said:

Yeah I’ve gone  to the bat for the guy so many times. Still believe he has value when the pressure starts to build but honestly his overall player has been so average of late that I don’t know what role he fills on the team anymore. Even his penalty killing hasn’t looked super strong lately. Maybe he’s nursing something. Who knows. 

Sutter is just old and slow.  He’d fit in in the Habs.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Yeah, some fans don't seem to get that good defensive players are integral to a successful Playoff team. A large segment of Canucks fans only look at one side of the ledger.

If Bo hits more, he is out of position more. That could prove costly against the likes of MacKinnon and Landeskog. Also, if he went after the player who kneed him, he could potentially be in the box for 5 minutes. That would leave Sutter as the next best option at center. I'm not saying that would for sure have cost us the game but I would rather Bo stay out of the box in crucial parts of a game.

All our players need to get body on body.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And why does Bo have to centre a shutdown line when we have Sutter and Beagle? I’m really happy we won, but Loui should be playing on a shutdown line with Sutter or Beagle or both.  No should be used in a more offensive role, and with Jake.  

Bo has more speed than Sutter and Beagle. He can also provide some offensive zone time and chances whereas, while defensive, Sutter/Beags would be hemmed in their own zone for most of the game against the Mackinnons of the world

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah for sure we are missing that on D. JB brought in Benn to do that but he's been a disappointment. He was an average top 6 D though and we paid him 2M according.

Bring in a Tryamkin and sign a Dillon/Edmundson and we'd have a killer top 6.

Ooh yeah I would love to bring in Dillon, he’s a great player and has a lot of character. Very much a benning type player 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

According to Dhaliwal, Tryamkin cannot play in the NHL this season.  He didn't explain why.  Just no.  

We discussed this in the Tryamkin thread. He can in fact join us as soon as monday if eliminated on Sunday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Bo has more speed than Sutter and Beagle. He can also provide some offensive zone time and chances whereas, while defensive, Sutter/Beags would be hemmed in their own zone for most of the game against the Mackinnons of the world

Why have Sutter and Beagle on the team if they’re not to shutdown the other teams’ top players?  That’s their job

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, on the cycle said:

We discussed this in the Tryamkin thread. He can in fact join us as soon as monday if eliminated on Sunday. 

Tryamkin is SOOOOO under rated. He really could put us over the top

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Ooh yeah I would love to bring in Dillon, he’s a great player and has a lot of character. Very much a benning type player 

Good player to have around with the young D we've got too.

Rafferty/Juolevi/Rathbone all would benefit starting along side a veteran presence. Whether that be a Tanev/Edler/Dillon.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 1