The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Alflives said:

Why have Sutter and Beagle on the team if they’re not to shutdown the other teams’ top players?  That’s their job

Because Bo is better at it, especially against the Mackinnons and McDavid's. Sutter and Beagle can handle the PK minutes.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

All our players need to get body on body.  

Sure, but points are very important now and maintaining position takes precedence when matched against the Leagues best. Petey and Gaudettes line have to drive the offence if we want to be successful. Bo's line will chip in, but if they also have to handle the opponents best, then them scoring is gravy..

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Bo has more speed than Sutter and Beagle. He can also provide some offensive zone time and chances whereas, while defensive, Sutter/Beags would be hemmed in their own zone for most of the game against the Mackinnons of the world

The year Bo went to the All-Star game, he was up against MacKinnon in the Fastest Skater, and barely lost. Horvat can definitely skate.

Just now, RWMc1 said:

Sure, but points are very important now and maintaining position takes precedence when matched against the Leagues best. Petey and Gaudettes line have to drive the offence if we want to be successful. Bo's line will chip in, but if they also have to handle the opponents best, then them scoring is gravy..

Body on body is about making it hard for the other teams’ players to move around the ice.  I’m not taking about running guys over; it’s more about being in their way.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hate the Habs.  Not as much as I hate the Leafs, but it’s close.  Hell, I hate all the other teams.  Hate their cities, and their fans too.  Hate hate hate.  Keeps me alive. 

You are a stuffed doll....you are not alive!

God Alf, we keep on having to go over this!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Body on body is about making it hard for the other teams’ players to move around the ice.  I’m not taking about running guys over; it’s more about being in their way.  

I was responding to the fans complaining about Bo not hitting more.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Body on body is about making it hard ………..

for the other teams’ players to move around the ice.  I’m not taking about running guys over; it’s more about being in their way.  

God!, I am sure glad I read the rest of this!

• Haha 2