The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Green loves to play it safe. Play the right side of the puck. Frankly he has ruined Virtanen . You see glimpses of the old Virtanen who played with reckless abandon  once in awhile . Look at MacEwen , thats a power forward. Let Virtanen go, use his speed play reckless. With his shot and speed he should be a 50 to 60 point guy. Green is teaching the defensive side but killing the creativity .

• Wat 6

What I Like about the effort last night was it was the opposite of most of our season, instead of the goalie winning the game for the skaters, the skaters won the game for the goalie

Miller is such a Factor and Hughes seems to be healthy again. Roussel finally had a good game and Loui played much better. Sutter remains a mystery 

the huge question is are we ready for the next game after a win against a top tier team? The next game will tell us a lot about our chances

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I swear to god if Zack gets taken out when Brocks back instead of Loui I might have to smack some sense into green

You best get used to it, he'll be back in Utica helping the Comets to the Calder Cup!

7 hours ago, Davathor said:

Just watched the game, got home late... great win. Mac was a force for sure. I think we finally have a 3rd line, even Roussell was finally moving! Stech making a case for another contract too.

Things that still worried me however... the PP was rancid, Petey still looks off - those 2 brutal giveaways could have easily gone in our net... and Horvat gets clipped with a hanging leg and just chirps the guy and skates away, he almost didn't see his teammates getting in a scrap on his behalf. That was tough to watch.

Anyway, back on the right track against a really good team. McKinnon's better than advertised.

i like horvat but he seems like a sedin clone...I would be livid if a player hung a leg like that, that is a dirty unwarranted play. When we get in the playoffs our CAPTAIN better man up and show some push back and not skate away and take it like a Sedin. If so, give him an A and give a proper leader the C

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

EP looks off maybe cause they have him so well covered?  When I saw the PP he could never get a shot off cause they always had 3 guys in his lane.  

hughes probably playing hurt.  

I thought Hughes is looking tired 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, linden17 said:

Nah I think u underestimate the business side and the obvious reality that loui still plays a pretty good quiet defensive game. He’s been nothing but class through all of this too. He’s not going to the minors and he doesn’t deserve to either. Again you don’t have to like it but it’s just the truth y’all 

Does playing a good quiet defensive game make you a top six player? 

3 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

NOPE! It is a defintite bonus but you need to be OFFENSIVE and not in the dying minutes when the opposition G is pulled.................LoserSSon is a waste of a top 6 roster spot

8 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Yeah, some fans don't seem to get that good defensive players are integral to a successful Playoff team. A large segment of Canucks fans only look at one side of the ledger.

If Bo hits more, he is out of position more. That could prove costly against the likes of MacKinnon and Landeskog. Also, if he went after the player who kneed him, he could potentially be in the box for 5 minutes. That would leave Sutter as the next best option at center. I'm not saying that would for sure have cost us the game but I would rather Bo stay out of the box in crucial parts of a game.

Unless he takes MacKinnon with him. They were wrapped around each other during that scrum and I was hoping he would throw-down.

15 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

sometimes. In Loui's case he's very good defensively, only the biggest haters won't admit that. 

On the scoring side, he does make Bo and Pearson better, or at least they get more offensive chances with him on their line than without him - for most of this year, but not in the last 4 games.

With Loui, shots against drop to 151 and without Loui Bo and Pearson have 202 against. So Loui helps prevent shots against. XGA drops to 10 from 16. So there's a clear benefit there.

Earlier in the year, Loui on that line also had a higher GF% - but thats actually dropped over the losing streak to just under 50%, which is why i think we see Jake being used more like a rover on that line sometimes.

You can check out the numbers here; https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20192020&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=VAN&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2019-10-02&td=2020-04-04&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8477500&p2=8476871&p3=8470626&p4=0&p5=0

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Really like Big Mac, he really rounds out a nice set of right wingers: Toffoli, Boeser, Virtanen, MacEwen... with Podkolzin to come... and Lind... maybe there is something there to get us a top four D.

Don't forget "Empty net" Ericksson! :lol:

46 minutes ago, mll said:

MacEwen hasn't been papered down at the TDL - he can't play in the post-season for Utica.

They papered someone down, can't remember who. Remember hearing a Benning quote on it. One of the D maybe? 

Edited by aGENT