Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic


-Vintage Canuck-
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Does playing a good quiet defensive game make you a top six player? 

I don’t know. I’m not an NHL coach. Are you? The guys still an NHL caliber player. Deal with it. Love how this place is full of egotistic whiners.

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I don't see how we can leave Rafferty off the big club next season

You mean on merit of his play, or his contract will be cheap?  JB did say he sees at least 7 ptopects coming onto the team over the next couple years.  Maybe, with keeping our current UFAs and RFAs, we need to have several guys on ELC’s to stay under the cap?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

What games have you been watching? Guy has been all over the ice the last like 5 games. I can understand disliking some of his turnovers, but if you watch him closely he has been super aggressive at mostly the right times the last 5 games or so. He's been physical, great for possession because he's not allowing the team out of their own end, standing up at the blue, etc. 

 

I think he's played great lately personally. He's made 2 mistakes in the last like 5 games. People hone in on those and blindly ignore all of the good plays that the details guys thoroughly enjoy seeing. 

 

I don't understand how you can think he's been invisible though. Do you watch the games or stare at your phone like my lady does? 

I mean the dudes had 4 points in all of February and is a -6 . Last night he was playing well but at 6’8 I wanna be seeing him throw that body more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, linden17 said:

I don’t know. I’m not an NHL coach. Are you? The guys still an NHL caliber player. Deal with it. Love how this place is full of egotistic whiners.

Okay mods.  Shut down the website Linden 17 says you have to be an NHL coach to have an opinion and if you do you've got a big ego.  

Goodbye everyone. It's been fun.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Okay mods.  Shut down the website Linden 17 says you have to be an NHL coach to have an opinion and if you do you've got a big ego.  

Goodbye everyone. It's been fun.

Nope. I just think ur opinion on this matter is stupid because it’s actually stupid. Keep whining about loui. What you want isn’t going to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, linden17 said:

Nope. I just think ur opinion on this matter is stupid because it’s actually stupid. Keep whining about loui. What you want isn’t going to happen. 

Please forward me your address and I will send you a letter of Apology. Apparently I have hurt your feelings which was not my intention. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I think you're a dreamer lol. He's never been as good defensively as we rate him. Never had the tenacity of a Kesler, never had the deception of Datsyuk, has never had elite pickpocket ing skills, never has been an agitator... 

 

I really don't know what qualities he has that'd classify as a selke nominee. He's not even the best defensive forward on the team. The only shining quality he has that elevates him to that status is his faceoff ability. Every few games he abandons a player that leads to a goal. Not gonna see Bergeron do that anytime soon. 

 

He was however much better the past 2 years defensively. He's having an off year in my books defensively. Used to be a lot stronger along the walls and be more tenacious. Never been elite, but he was much better. A couple games ago we saw that tenaciousness (I think against Boston?). 

 

Defensive players I really gravitate toward. The heart and soul guys like Motte and Miller. I haven't been impressed with Bo this year at all even with his decent stats. Not the team driver that he used to be. Could be due to his linemates though. 

 

Can't deny his playing ability when there's an empty net on the other end though! 

you spent all this time writing all this in response to two lines, you should have saved yourself the  time and just read my two lines.

 

I said in two years......

When he's in his prime.

And i didn't say he would win, I said nominee...

 

He's playing shutdown against other teams' top players every night... He's good but in cpl years he'll be in his prime and a selke nominee.

 

BTW I didn't waste my time reading ... didn't get past Datsyuk..lol

 

 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Rafferty is a mature man; he’s 25.  He’s about 200 pounds.  If he can handle the pace of the NHL, he could be a really good player for us.  

I’m getting Rathbone and Rafferty mixed up again Alf, thanks for making me aware of that.

 

so my earlier comparison was Rathbone with Hughes.  Not a Rafferty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

What games have you been watching? Guy has been all over the ice the last like 5 games. I can understand disliking some of his turnovers, but if you watch him closely he has been super aggressive at mostly the right times the last 5 games or so. He's been physical, great for possession because he's not allowing the team out of their own end, standing up at the blue, etc. 

 

I think he's played great lately personally. He's made 2 mistakes in the last like 5 games. People hone in on those and blindly ignore all of the good plays that the details guys thoroughly enjoy seeing. 

 

I don't understand how you can think he's been invisible though. Do you watch the games or stare at your phone like my lady does? 

CDC in a nutshell. Why is it in this bloody nutshell?

Confirmation-Bias.png

Edited by JoshuaGuy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You sure about that?  
 

It seems that goalies don’t drop off much until well into their 30s . 
 

Im thinking Ryan Miller, Luongo, Craig Anderson , Roy, Hasek, Brodeur... didn’t most of them play well into their late 30s? 

Yeah mid 30's anyways seems like a safe bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice win, and the losing streak is over. Fast paced and physical, what the playoffs will be all about. Would've been nice to see Hughes get a point, but the win is what matters most. Demko played a good game. There was a play where Horvat was side-swiped (almost leg on leg), and he never confronted the other player. He just skated away (in Edler fashion) while other Canucks stepped in. Why does Bo avoid confrontation? Tanev has been a beast lately, he's having a great year. Anyway, good win. I feel good about a payback win against CBJ tomorrow night as well. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nice win, and the losing streak is over. Fast paced and physical, what the playoffs will be all about. Would've been nice to see Hughes get a point, but the win is what matters most. Demko played a good game. There was a play where Horvat was side-swiped (almost leg on leg), and he never confronted the other player. He just skated away (in Edler fashion) while other Canucks stepped in. Why does Bo avoid confrontation? Tanev has been a beast lately, he's having a great year. Anyway, good win. I feel good about a payback win against CBJ tomorrow night as well. 

Edler was first man in after that altercation you’re referencing. Lol.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...