The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, EdgarM said:

This is exactly right Deb, an assessment will be made and the excess will be trimmed. I am actually hoping we do get into the playoffs as it will separate the men from the boys and we can see who steps up and who is wasting our time. 

That’s also JBs take on it... hence he traded for Toffoli to achieve it.... obviously before Marky went down. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

I think people just miss having that Canadian captain who will stick up for anybody (Linden) finally we have Horvat hes a good captain and can only do so much. At least he can handle himself very nicely in 1 on 1 fights! all n all its very nice to have a Canadian captain again! :gocan:

Linden would do anything for this team - but one thing Horvat can do that he never could is fight.   Linden would try - but it was painful to watch.  Twice I had to watch in terror as Otto beat on him (once on the ice turtled with him pounding away at his kidneys) and twice with the Sandman doing exactly the same.   A lot of those Calgary games were brutal fight filled events.   Mommesso often fought Kruse (ranked 24th best enforcer at the time,  Odjick and his old friend/teammate a few dandies with McArthy, same with Antoski (that guy was huge!) when he was here... Murzyn was involved - heck half the team was at one point or another.   Linden too but he just wasn't very good...like Courtnal - had to watch with my hands on my face between my fingers ha ha. 

Horvat plays in a different era, we won't ever see him put guys through the glass or hit like Linden could, but hopefully we will see the same drive and clutch ability when it matters the most.   The odd fight helps his reputation too. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Add to that the second most goals per games ratio in the NHL...

there’s lots of positives... the glass is definite half full here, not half empty. 

You bet.  I get that during our best stretches expectations and the confidence in the team goes up, which makes the lows more frustrating.  With only 12-15 games left for the teams in the race each win or loss will definitely have more importance. Hard on the nerves, but whether or not we do make it this is a team I can get around and am definitely proud of them.   The past four games could have gone either way, as long as we keep that up I think we make it.  Definitely half full, maybe even 2/3 full.  QHs and Miller are huge additions, Myers is keeping Tanev and Edler alive and receives more criticism then he's deserved - but used to that with Edlers entire career pretty much. Glad we have so many passionate fans on this site and do appreciate both viewpoints irregardless ha ha.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Linden would do anything for this team - but one thing Horvat can do that he never could is fight.   Linden would try - but it was painful to watch.  Twice I had to watch in terror as Otto beat on him (once on the ice turtled with him pounding away at his kidneys) and twice with the Sandman doing exactly the same.   A lot of those Calgary games were brutal fight filled events.   Mommesso often fought Kruse (ranked 24th best enforcer at the time,  Odjick and his old friend/teammate a few dandies with McArthy, same with Antoski (that guy was huge!) when he was here... Murzyn was involved - heck half the team was at one point or another.   Linden too but he just wasn't very good...like Courtnal - had to watch with my hands on my face between my fingers ha ha. 

Horvat plays in a different era, we won't ever see him put guys through the glass or hit like Linden could, but hopefully we will see the same drive and clutch ability when it matters the most.   The odd fight helps his reputation too. 

Haha, Linden fights were like snuff films.  I was literally thinking of that Otto turtle fight yesterday for unrelated reasons and then I see you mention it on here.

But giving it the college try was still respectable.  He just needed to take a summer with Eric Nesterenko in the barn at the Youngbood farm and work out that part of his game.

I did manage to find this archival footage of Nicolas Cage watching Otto vs. Linden though...

PwCT6.gif

Edited by Kevin Biestra

On 3/6/2020 at 9:52 PM, NHTyrany said:

I turned my wife away for this game,

and I still feel relieved, thank you Nucks!

how is that working for you now? 

did she forgive you, or sigh  in relief?

Happy Womens Day to you and her

20 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nice win, and the losing streak is over. Fast paced and physical, what the playoffs will be all about. Would've been nice to see Hughes get a point, but the win is what matters most. Demko played a good game. There was a play where Horvat was side-swiped (almost leg on leg), and he never confronted the other player. He just skated away (in Edler fashion) while other Canucks stepped in. Why does Bo avoid confrontation? Tanev has been a beast lately, he's having a great year. Anyway, good win. I feel good about a payback win against CBJ tomorrow night as well. 

I have wondered the same about Bo, but didn't someone just post that Bo played all but 3:33 against McKinnon?

McKinnon could have won the game with 5 mins with Bo in the box.

Sometimes you have to play smart