The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

Hopefully CBJ's stars dont take over again. We were able to hold MacKinnon off, but better be wary of.... Bemstrom and uh.. Nutella... and their stellar goaltending with Merkszilikins

They play a very structured game and the Oilers were in tough against them, despite having the big names on their roster.  Don't underestimate these guys is my message to the team....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

They play a very structured game and the Oilers were in tough against them, despite having the big names on their roster.  Don't underestimate these guys....

Given what JB was before he drafted OJ I was certain PLD was their first choice.  Mentioned several time they were looking at a forward with size, toughness and scoring ability...was rated right around where we were picking and I was stoked at the possibility of drafting him.   So far in CLB he hasn't disappointed, his impact on that team is similar or better then BT in OTT, a cornerstone for their next core.    Losing Panarin and Bobrovsky must have sucked for them and their fan base - Torts has done a good job with these guys for sure.   

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Let's go boys! 

Get the dub and solidify this playoff situation!

We're rested & have momentum - they're on the road back-to-back gms coming off loss.

We got This! 

I kind of wish they'd won last night...they'll be determined.  That one got away in the third and they likely should have won that game...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Hopefully CBJ's stars dont take over again. We were able to hold MacKinnon off, but better be wary of.... Bemstrom and uh.. Nutella... and their stellar goaltending with Merkszilikins

Merzlikins has been out with a concussion since 24 February.  Korpisalo played last night and they've returned Kivlieneks to the AHL so it looks like he could be activated today. 

thanks for doing the GDT....without it, felt like I was all rev'd  up with no place to go...

Big two points to get....need to win games in hand and the games against the teams ahead of us in the standings...and Arizona.

Vegas has to play the most four point games (6 games) against teams who are in the playoff spot in the Pacific ...two against the Canucks,  two against the Ollers and two against the Flames; Flames have 4 games. Oilers 3 games, and Canucks 3 games (plus two against Arizona).

Long story short, our destiny is in our own hands.

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli
Roussel-Gaudette-MacEwen
Motte-Sutter-Virtanen
Boeser

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers

Benn

The third line over two games asserting some meaningful shifts,GCG!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2