The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Yes, Zack is better suited for the grind for sure I fully agree. As long as LoserSSon doesn't seen any ice when we are healthy I will be happy. I think they put Sutter in for a couple reasons: his experience, pk ability and plays C in case of an in game injury

Miller can play C in case we need it during a game.  We don't need Sutter in the lineup just to take a few draws.  That would be a waste of a roster spot.  If Green takes out MacEwen he seals his fate as the new coach of Sibir...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Not going to happen. Loui and Mac likely sit Sutter will be in..

We have 2 scoring lines, need to be defensively responsible on bottom 6 during this stretch drive. 

I love what Mac did last game as much as anyone but he's young with 15 games under his belt. Defense wins games this time of year.

I love what Mac brings with energy, size, physicality and some offense but Green will use Sutter over Mac.

Yes we know that.  That's why he will be the new coach of Sibir next year...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Our guys have to be willing to play hard nosed hockey.  Torts will demand his guys do.  If we don’t at least match that physicality we will get run out of our own barn.  I sure wish we were the team that initiated the physical play, and not always the team that retaliates.  

I thought this team was pretty big until I looked up Columbus's roster on reference.

What a difference in age and size, 17 players 25 and under (Canucks 9) and 21 players 6'1" (Canucks 16) and over, they are huge.

I guess it is easier to get young kids to play BIG than older guys.

They have 10 guys out with injury that were not of the list too, important players.

They should be tired though after last night.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller can play C in case we need it during a game.  We don't need Sutter in the lineup just to take a few draws.  That would be a waste of a roster spot.  If Green takes out MacEwen he seals his fate as the new coach of Sibir...

Miller already does play C for us, I know what your getting at but going off what the coach does I don't see it happening

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not going to happen. Loui and Mac likely sit Sutter will be in..

We have 2 scoring lines, need to be defensively responsible on bottom 6 during this stretch drive. 

I love what Mac did last game as much as anyone but he's young with 15 games under his belt. Defense wins games this time of year.

I love what Mac brings with energy, size, physicality and some offense but Green will use Sutter over Mac.

People are most likely going to have to wait till next year for full time Mac. (I love the kid - but that’s probably pretty realistic if we get healthy) 

Watch CDC implode 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

This is going to be a fantastic game tonight.  Both teams are in a must win situation, so it will be a hell of a battle.  Great news about Brock and we should be hearing about Marky early this coming week.

Gotta keep plugging away 'till everyone's back.  I still think Marky will return for the SoCal roadtrip; maybe even play in the TB game, which is 5 games away including tonight.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We as fans are frustrated with Green’s decisions.  How do you think the players (who want the best chance to win) feel?  It’s like being on a community team, and watching the coach’s son get to play ahead of players who are way better.  

But alf, he hot fresh off a assist on an empty net

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli
Roussel-Gaudette-MacEwen
Motte-Sutter-Virtanen
Boeser

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers

Benn

Personally I’d rather see Bailey in on that 1st line making it Fast and Physical..   Eriksson,.  Blah..

im sick of the empathy here just because Eriksson can dog paddle.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Demko has to play better than their goalie.  If he does we win.  If he doesn’t we lose.  

This is certainly true. I think step 1 for him is to have a game, win or lose, where he doesn't let in a soft goal that factors into fhings. It will be far better for him to only be part of the storyline of the game if its because he stood on his head or even stole the game.

It will also be easier for him to play better than the other goalie if our defensive zone play gets tightened up significantly. It is crazy how often the Canucks leave guys wide open in dangerous scoring areas.

Boeser will be awhile yet if he had a rib injury, he hasn't been working out very hard.

The team cannot have him come back too soon either, there are not enough players they could waive to the minors to make cap space without losing some.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

I thought this team was pretty big until I looked up Columbus's roster on reference.

What a difference in age and size, 17 players 25 and under (Canucks 9) and 21 players 6'1" (Canucks 16) and over, they are huge.

I guess it is easier to get young kids to play BIG than older guys.

They have 10 guys out with injury that were not of the list too, important players.

They should be tired though after last night.

Well, they have had at least 15yrs of rebuilding and since they entered the league their playoff record is: 1 conference quarter final L; 1 first round W; 3 first round L; and did not qualify in for 13 years.

IRREGARDLESS, the Jackets are a terrific team and will continue to be for many years.  BUT, what with all their significant injuries, they are very beatable.  In 14 games they have 2 wins (Senators in OT and the broken Canucks).

Go Canucks Go!!!!

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Golden Knights and The Flames play today. I guess i want GLd Kghts to win in regulation time. 

Gotta beat the flamers in the standings. 

It's getting hard to figure out "who" to cheer for against these days...so close....

• Cheers 1